Steel Vengeance

I drove through Battery Park in Sandusky two evenings ago just prior to sunset. If I was any sort of a decent photographer I could have garnered some great shots of CP. The sun shining on Steel Vengeance made it glow, the track was shiny copper\bronze.

My son said "Daddy, can we go there now?"

I will try to get us there on one of the 3 Passholder preview nights.

Here's RMC owner Fred Grubb talking about Steel Vengeance at the media event for Twisted Timbers at Kings Dominion.

(Steel Vengeance comments begin at the 7:00 minute mark in the video.)

Last edited by Chuck Wagon,

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

A friend of mine that went to Twisted Timbers media day asked Alan Schilke how the second lap of Steel Vengeance is designed to be, and Schilke said it was designed to “throw around the rider and make it unmarathonable” making the second half have brutal airtime “up to -2 Gs.” All I’m gonna say is if that’s true then the concerns of the second half pacing shouldn’t exist.

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

^Unless a few people complain about it and they trim on the block brake :/. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

I'm quite confident that they'll at least trim it on the MCBR.. I don't expect a near stop by any means, but I imagine that they'll at least want the trains at a consistent speed as they enter the 2nd half.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

^New Texas Giant does not trim on the block brake. It is going to be a 7 year old coaster this year, but on the other hand, it's also the only RMC to have a true MCBR so far (Twisted Colossus' MCBR is a stop to prepare for the second lift.)

What I'm hoping for is, if they do use it, a Raptor-style situation where it trims negligibly. Of course, it all matters on how it was designed to run ideally and how it actually runs in practice.

Go Intamin said:

Schilke said it was designed to “throw around the rider and make it unmarathonable” making the second half have brutal airtime “up to -2 Gs.” All I’m gonna say is if that’s true then the concerns of the second half pacing shouldn’t exist.

Negative 2 G's? Nobody in their right mind is going to design a ride that does that. Well.. unless you're a designer for Intamin...

up to -2G's...

^The ASTM standards (portions of which are commonly used and distributed by NL2 players to make realistic coasters) approve moments of -2g, but only for a brief fraction of a second. (The tolerance may be slightly higher for flying coasters, but that's irrelevant to SV.)

Of corse, considering the length of the train, it is highly unlikely that the ride profile delivers -2gs at a given moment in all seats, or else it's basically a given that it will exceed limits in other seats. It'll probably have a peak of that in the front or back of the train.

Last edited by GigaG,

It’s probabky true that it has the peak in the front or back of the train. And I can think of 2 rides right off the bat that have -2 Gs, which are Skyrush and DC Rivals, so it’s not like it hasn’t been done before. On a side note, my friend also said Schilke claimed that Cedar Fair wanted to “rival Dollywood” which is why the 6 airtime moment finale exists

Nothing can touch that quad down...............nothing.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I did not know DC Rivals does -2G. Where did you hear that?

The website’s mini-site before it opened had stats including maximum negative G Force, which was listed as -2 Gs.

I’ll be riding it next week, so I’ll see how true that really is.

Last edited by Go Intamin,

I haven't even ridden Lightning Rod and I know that 6 bunny hills can't beat a quad-down built into hilly terrain.

I really hope they play the music they put in their teasers in the station. Not constantly but at least every so often. I love it.

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

Patiently waiting for everyone to post about pacing....

^It does look a bit slower than expected from the animation, but I say that while keeping in mind they only appear to have tested a few times, likely intermittently rather than repeatedly, in cool weather. Twisted Timbers was slowish at the start of media day but seems to have only taken a few hours of continuous operation to start hauling.

Last edited by GigaG,

LightDark18 said:
I haven't even ridden Lightning Rod and I know that 6 bunny hills can't beat a quad-down built into hilly terrain.

So a ride you have not ridden is better than another ride that you have not ridden?

CoasterCam said:

I really hope they play the music they put in their teasers in the station. Not constantly but at least every so often. I love it.

I really love that music!

RMC streak or bust!

This seems slow? Seems pretty darn fast to me. How fast do you need to go through an inversion?

First ride; Magnum 1994

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service