First Rider Benefit

Can't wait for the First Rider Benefit tickets to go on sale. Had a great time at the First Riders Auction down at Kings Island, this should be equally as grand.

Benefits kids and families less fortunate, and it also benefits Cedar Point.

Count me in!

You know there is no prize awarded for most topics started that give no actual content, right?

It must make the OP feel whole.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

^^

On the whole I agree.

First Rider Benefit tickets went on sale at noon. I had 2 tickets in checkout, entered payment information and then clicked pay and got a message that there wasn't anything in my cart. Looks like another technical issue with Accesso.

Last edited by DSShives,

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

And they were sold out before I saw his tweet.

WCO sells out in record time, now the first rider benefit sells out in minutes. How fast can CoasterMania sell out now?

Buckle your seatbelts, this summer is going to be one crazy ride.

I’m surprised CoasterMania! tickets are still available.

ROUNDABOUND.

Selling out is one thing, but my biggest issue is how tickets can be taken out of your cart when you are paying?

Last edited by DSShives,

Steve Shives

A lot of check-out systems do not take the item out of available inventory when a user add it to a cart, thus it becomes a race to get to whatever point in the checkout process they do specifically allocate a slot to the purchaser. I have no knowledge of how Accesso does it. but I'm guessing their system is not doing it until after payment is received.

Hold-up... Tony just tweeted that it isn't sold out, there is an issue they are looking into.

Same thing happened to me. I'm not convinced they sold out that fast. I don't see anyone commenting they were actually able to purchase them. Just another angry mob on Facebook and Twitter now over their latest issue with online ticket sales.

-Tyler A-

Sounds like Cedar Point needs to re-evaluate their systems.

Steve Shives

It's not sold out. It was a glitch. Tony just tweeted they are working on the problem

Is this where we ask when CP will make us whole?

And dang it, things have been moving too fast this year already. I forgot CoasterMania tickets were on sale and that I had mine.

Last edited by Ken P,

Thats why I was so surprised this supposedly sold out so quick. CoasterMania isnt even sold out yet.

Steve Shives

Well, since it looks like I have a few minutes to kill while CP works on it, back to your observation on the shopping cart behavior.

The chosen behavior is almost always a business declared requirement one way or the other. For sites where an item is removed from inventory as soon as you click add, there is usually an associated timer somewhere to trigger when to put it back into inventory if you don't complete the transaction in some unit of time. TicketMaster, as much as I hate their fees, have done a lot to help users know how long they have to take the next step or else lose seats.

I suspect this kind of mad rush, limited ticket situation is not a normal thing for Accesso. For regular park tickets, meal deals, even fast lane, this type of optimistic model has probably served them well.

CP's problems with Accesso seem to happen when the mad rush for tickets happen. Im used to ticketmaster as you said, where tickets remain in your cart for a couple of minutes to enter payment info. I dont order tickets online very often so I assumed they would remain in your cart long enough to get the payment info entered.

Just a quick suggestion to Tony, dont start ticket sales at noon so you can at least enjoy your lunch before problems start.

Steve Shives

I am not going to say it.

Just looking at the comments makes me sick. Some people are straight up overreacting.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

It's going to be okay, everyone.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

TTD 120mph said:

Just looking at the comments makes me sick. Some people are straight up overreacting.

Proof again that the park does not owe enthusiasts and passholders anything at all and we should all frankly be shocked they do this stuff when the reactions are this way.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service