Opening Day 05/05/2018

I'm not sure how often you make it to the park, but I doubt you'll have to wait an entire season to find a manageable line, even for a ride as eagerly anticipated as this one.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Unfortunately I only get to the park once a year. :(

Last edited by Lash,

Might be a good year to pick up one of those Service Ponies to gallup your way to the que from the gate.

MaverickLaunch said:

Still, it's not going to be too difficult for regular ambulatory folks to get regular ERT rides in on a daily basis if they want?

What does this mean?

Promoter of fog.

I believe he is referring to the people that have an injury or disability that allows them to get on a ride through the exit lane.

I am not sure how to respond to that one.

Using the term regular ambulatory is in reference to people that abuse the handicap policy.

CP had adjusted their ride policy a few years ago to better curb the abuse and marathon riding practices, I’m not quite sure what the policy has been the last couple years if there has been changes.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

They don't let you just go up the exit. They give you a time to come back and go up the exit based on the estimated wait time at the time you "enter the line".

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

^ thank you!

The amount of people that come to the park with a “cast” and “crutches” thinking they get to go right up the exit really irritates me.

Even the ones who get mad that they have waited in line and see a person who has a handicap board. They don’t understand that they waited for their boarding time too! They just didn’t wait in line!

I don't have an issue with most people that use the disability pass.

Some do abuse it. I think it is great that Cedar Point allows this, there are people that do have disabilities, whether it be a mental disability or a physical disability.

Going to Cedar Point 25 times last year, you see the people that abuse it. I am just glad that Cedar Point doesn't do away with it for the people that really need it because of a few people.

Unless the weather is bad, I intend to go Sunday 5/6, I avoid Saturdays. I'm sure SV will be insane that day too. I saw posts on early entry, I have never seen a line get up to 2 hours in 20 minutes during early entry, I never go on a super busy either. But SV I know I can't be sure, I know it's a well hyped ride that will get quite the long lines.

I also have the same kind of plan to get on SV ASAP from Magnum gate and maybe hope the line doesn't get up to a hour for a 2nd ride by the time I get off. I probably would try to do SV as least ride of day too some trips. I'll hopefully figure out in time what's the best way to go about SV.

I'm hoping at least Valravn would be more free during early entry I chose that first during a visit. And experience from last year tells me I should focus on other rides in early entry during peak in Summer (2nd half June, July, first half August). SV I know will be truly insane those months.

Last edited by ImpulsivePhoenix,

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

Well not sure how the line will build up on Sunday for you, but those of you thinking they can get 2 rides in on opening day during early entry will most likely not get it done. Anyone else remember when Top Thrill opened in 2003? My friends and I got in the Magnum gate at 9:05am and by time we got to Dragster it was already a 3 hour wait.

I'm coming in with the mentality I might not even ride SV on Opening Sunday. Sundays it's tougher for me to make early entry but I'll try to be there at open for SV. I'm expecting getting the first ride could possibly be a wait so I'm certainly not expecting a 2nd ride thereafter that day.

Last edited by ImpulsivePhoenix,

I am leaning toward going Sunday as well with no expectation of even riding SV. If the SV insanity keeps the lines on Millennium Force and Valravn to managable levels, I will be happy to watch SV and check it out sometime in June. I figure Maverick will still be crazy as it will now act as SV overflow.

ImpulsivePhoenix said:
Unless the weather is bad, I intend to go Sunday 5/6, I avoid Saturdays. I'm sure SV will be insane that day too...

They will still be trying to clear the Steel Vengeance line from Saturday night when you get there at opening on Sunday.

ROUNDABOUND.

In 2017, Valravn would have a 45 minute line a half hour before park opened to the public, most of the times when I went. Hotel guests also get in early if I'm not mistaken, and on opening day I bet they will be completely booked. EVERYONE is going to be running straight for SV at 9am.

R.I.P Luminosity ~ 2012-2017 ~ Greatest show in Heaven, Hell or Earth
Steel Vengeance rides: 20

Yeah Valrayn always pretty much always picked up quickly after one of the first rides in 2017. 45 minute wait seems right in a half hour. Easily was the most busy early entry ride (at least from my trips) for the year.

Yeah I can definitely can also see the hotels being more totally booked opening weekend. That's why I am guessing rest of May, Early June, and late August weekdays will be best bets for least hectic early entry with SV (same thing pretty much with attendance overall).

We have a Scouting event opening weekend but my youngest has a school orchestra trip on the Sat. 12th but they won’t be at the park until noon. Warned him already unless SV is the only thing he wants to do he shouldn’t plan on riding that day. My wife may receive a media day invite but there is no guarantee and even if she can bring a guest I doubt it will include the kids. I am thinking the best bet is declare a personal day the 15th -17th and go then. My bladder can’t survive a 3 hour wait. Lol.

Back in 1999 the Pope visited St. Louis and the media had everyone so freaked out about the huge crowds and gridlock that would occur along the motorcade route very few people actually showed up and it was kind of embarrassing for the city. So there is always that. Maybe we could get the Russian social media botnet to convince everyone the Pope is going to show up for opening day.

I’m actually thinking of skipping Opening Day this year and going Opening Sunday (next day). The crowds will be ridiculous. As for if you want to go I think 6:00 AM is a tad extreme. If you get there at 8:00 AM you should be just as good.

Just go on OSU Day the day before ‘opening’ day.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service