Opening Day 05/05/2018

What time does everyone plan on getting in line at the entrance gates for Opening Day 05/05/2018?

I may stay overnight at Hotel Breakers the night before either way, I am thinking of getting at the gate at around 6:00 A.M. Go in the gate near Magnum, this way once the gate opens, I should be able to get (2) quick rides on Steel Vengeance during early entry then hit Maverick and then Millennium Force.

Oh the choices, what to do.

Or should I ride all the other rides first and save Steel Vengeance for the last ride of the night. Leaving the anticipation of riding the new coaster last for a long time.

If I ride Steel Vengeance first, then everything else may not be as exciting.

6:00 AM!? No thanks! I’d rather sleep in and wait in the 3 hour line than wake up before 6:00 and wait 4 hours just to get in the park.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

I'll get there when I get there. I have the entire season to get on Steel Vengeance.

Just Coasting said:
... this way once the gate opens, I should be able to get (2) quick rides on Steel Vengeance during early entry then hit Maverick and then Millennium Force.

That's cute if you think that is how it will work

Last edited by Cartwright,

may 14th

First ride; Magnum 1994

You will probably just wait all that time, things won't go your way and then you will feel the park will owe you something to make you whole.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

^Oh dear... now every time an enthusiast disagrees with something they'll be mocked with the "whole" joke because of one person's rant. Calling it now.

Last edited by GigaG,

Self ˈrīCHəs much

Might want to move up your plans. This is bigger than a Stones concert or the iPhone. I read on the Internet a bunch of teens are going to start camping outside the gate on Wednesday.

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

Crap. Nothing worse than crowds of coaster groupies days before the event. People will be using Walmarts parking lot for RV camping. Rooms will be sold out even out in Cleveland. Restaurants packed. Scalpers jacking up ticket prices by a factor of 10.

Or not.

remember: no matter where you go... there you are.

I have seen issues in the past when new rides open. All of a sudden, the ride is closed for a few weeks because something is just not right with the ride.

I am not going to post the rides names, because we all know which ones they are.

I at least want to experience the ride right from the get go just incase this scenario happens.

Who knows, after a week, they may need to take the bunny hop out at the bottom of the first drop because it was too much of an ejector air time situation. You just don't know.

Planning on going the Sunday and/or Monday after opening day(or which ever first Monday they are open). Then I'll probably be at the park most Sundays after that. I'm sure I'll find a nice sub-hour wait eventually to ride Steel Vengeance!

We were planning on staying at The Breakers opening weekend. After reading this thread, I might wait until Monday.

GigaG said:
^Oh dear... now every time an enthusiast disagrees with something they'll be mocked with the "whole" joke because of one person's rant. Calling it now.

I think it'll only be when it's directed at JustCoasting.

Just Coasting, just curious. Do you have many RMC’s, conversion or otherwise, to your credit?

Didn't Tony announce that the first 6 weeks you needed Fast Lane + Ultimate to even get in line for Steel Vengeance?

GigaG said:

On the whole, you maybe correct.

Rugrats2001 said:

Didn't Tony announce that the first 6 weeks you needed Fast Lane + Ultimate to even get in line for Steel Vengeance?

Where did you see that? I don't recall him posting about that. Do you have a link?

2018 - CP&LE Railroad
2017 - Halloweekends - Zombie High School

I spent (2) days at Dollywood in June of 2017.

Rode Lightning Rod quite a few times.

Looking forward to Twisted Timbers this year as well, planning on hitting Kings Dominion for 3 days this summer.

I've ridden Storm Chaser, Twisted Colossus and Iron Rattler and each one has made me more and more excited for Steel Vengeance. :)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service