A ride that CP doesn't have & you wish it would...

Just wanted to point out that nobody expected Valravn, a record-breaking dive coaster, to fit in that tiny spot it was put in.

What if they put a dark ride where Zombie High School or Hexed is?

Last edited by ValravnCP,

A dark ride most likely wouldn't be planned in those 2 spots because they are still home to the picnic shelters during the year and the Hexed location would only work if the merchandise building next to it were demolished. A good spot that might work IMO would be the current Point Pavilion site by Raptor (behind the JA theater), it's tucked out of the way for the most part and wouldn't block any great views. But there's the issue of rebuilding/relocating the current eyesore looking Point Pavilion area.

RCMAC said:

I agree a coaster that any of us would consider decent size (length) could never fit in the stadium’s spot. Maybe a mouse (no thanks), but any other coaster would certainly be small, short, and geared toward the youngsters. This wave runner ride occupies a bit of real estate, and unless they used the beach for it it would never fit. And that would be doubtful. A coaster up over all that blowing sand seems like a bad idea to me. Plus there’s a new boardwalk extension, stuff like that.

Yeah, Wicked Twister is around that area and had some issues the first year, then the park cemented over top of the sand east of the station. Also Gatekeeper's station and lift hill are literally built on top of the sand. They usually cement right over top of it.

As for the former AWE stadium site, either a mouse coaster or just the queue and small station of a wave runner coaster could fit there, the track would jut out toward the lake, going down the beach and run parallel out and back toward the main parking lot past WT and Gatekeeper. It's low height would work there and its theme couldn't be better for that area. (Rob Decker are you listening? LOL). Those people along that new boardwalk certainly need something to look at don't they? ; I don't see that newly opened up part of the beach being used for swimming, sorry. It will stay contained to the Breakers Hotel area.

They could very easily place a new dark ride where hexed is with our removing the gift shop. The hexed building doesnt even bump up against GK.

Not just any Wood. One that pays homage to BIg Dipper or Raging Wolf Bobs would be sweet. Placement spots out and back into parking lot and or Millennium Island intersecting by MF lift hill and tunnels.

Wznm

I posted way back about hoping they'd get a Zamperla Air race ride, but I just got to experience a new Triotech "7-D" dark ride. If they could pull this off in a stadium that is sized like the one for Plants Vs Zombies at Carowinds, it'd make for a good dark ride. The show(s) would need to be lengthened a bit, but it was very intense for what it was.

For those who haven't experienced one of these, they offer 5 or 6 "shows" to choose from, like zombie invasion, werewolves, robots, and so on. You actually have to put on a seat belt, there were a few times that it felt like the free fall sensations are legit.

When Cedar Fair bought the now defunct Geauga Lake, I had so hoped that they would move the X-Flight ride to Cedar Point. Now that is a ride that would fit right into the line up at Cedar Point. We could definitely use this for 2019!

I don’t understand it but the capacity on that thing can be really bad. It seems like they always have plenty of crew but it takes forever to dispatch. I don’t buy the 1,430 capacity number at all.

1440 is what, 1 train per minute? I think SFWoA probably got close a couple times when they were running 3 trains briefly. It didn't last very long though. That number definitely won't happen with 2 trains down at KI.

Maverick since '99

What happened to to 3rd train?

The B&M flyers seem easier to load quicker. 3 trains with 8 cars each and dual platforms would have pretty good capacity. Probably on par with Valravn, and certainly much better than Maverick. So I don't buy lack of capacity as a good excuse not to consider one . Only negative is it does require more staff.

I find the flyers very thrilling, and they seem very popular with the public. I would rather see one of these before another sit down since they offer a unique ride.

Gemini 100- 6/11/01

^ Cargo- I assume the 3rd train was scrapped for extra parts on x flight/ firehawk. Seemed like it was always having issues with the trains, especially the parts that recline the train. No problem with the dual stations since they still use it.

Speaking of the location of Fire hawk I feel makes it a much better ride than x flight. The far turn you now buzz some trees which is a much cooler experience than buzzing parking spaces.

Gemini 100- 6/11/01

Joe E said:

So I don't buy lack of capacity as a good excuse not to consider one . Only negative is it does require more staff.

But that's a pretty significant negative.

Any coaster's capacity could be improved with additional staffing, but the ROI must be justified. Maybe flyers aren't popular enough to justify the significant operating cost that would come with the extra staff needed for reasonable capacity.

Brandon

I could see a flyer at CP having a line longer than valravn, and the GP are obsessed with that thing.

SV ruins all other rides.

X Flight is at Kings Island called firehawk

Joe E said:

^ Cargo- I assume the 3rd train was scrapped for extra parts on x flight/ firehawk. Seemed like it was always having issues with the trains, especially the parts that recline the train. No problem with the dual stations since they still use it.

Especially since it was supposed to recline on the lift when X-Flight was first built at SFWoA. I remember at one point they had the seats inclining as the train was pulling in the station. Not like how Firehawk requires the train to stop in home position in order for the small side wheels to align with the brackets that raise the seats back to seating position. X-Flight didn't have those bracket things in the station (please someone tell me the name of them if you know what I'm talking about)

Speaking of the location of Fire hawk I feel makes it a much better ride than x flight. The far turn you now buzz some trees which is a much cooler experience than buzzing parking spaces.

Although I thought that specific location for X-Flight was a bit odd considering the massive amount of land inside of GL, I will say the original lime green paint job trumps the ugly dark red (with chips of lime green coming through). I wish they would paint it back to lime green.

Lastly, does anybody have any pictures of X-Flight running 3 trains? Also, what were the colors of the 3rd train? I remember 1 train had blue seats with a green zero car, and 1 train had green seats with a blue zero car. IIRC from pictures, they eventually switched it so the zero cars matched the seats at some point (or vice versa perhaps).

Sorry to have turned the topic around. It's just the small things that have been in the back of my mind for a while. Any insight would be cool.

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

Don't know if I'm a fan of the gimmickry of a B&M flyer, but I do have to admit, one of these over the lagoon in the middle of the park, with the rider facing down toward the water, would be kinda neat and most definitely an attention grabber. Where to put the entrance though, former STR entrance or current Dinos Alive? I'd go with the latter probably. Hell I'd ride it and would be game for anything that shortens the lines for MF and SV! LOL.

Attention grabber? No, anyone who can grab a carp wins.

TwistedWicker77 said:

Lastly, does anybody have any pictures of X-Flight running 3 trains? Also, what were the colors of the 3rd train? I remember 1 train had blue seats with a green zero car, and 1 train had green seats with a blue zero car. IIRC from pictures, they eventually switched it so the zero cars matched the seats at some point (or vice versa perhaps).

I have pictures of when X-Flight ran three trains, but none of all 3 in the same photo. The 3rd train was black, and was quickly moved to the "parts bin" storage track next to the lift. At this time, the trains would recline on the lift, and incline as they approached the station. With how frequently I visited the park in 2001, I wouldn't be surprised if this 3 train operation lasted less than a few weeks. The capacity with 3 trains was very rarely better than with 2 trains, and quite often you would end up just laying on your back on the brake run, which wasn't very comfortable.

Maverick since '99

I know this is technically a 2nd post but I was just looking over the B&M models.

CPfan1976 said:

Don't know if I'm a fan of the gimmickry of a B&M flyer, but I do have to admit, one of these over the lagoon in the middle of the park, with the rider facing down toward the water, would be kinda neat and most definitely an attention grabber. Where to put the entrance though, former STR entrance or current Dinos Alive? I'd go with the latter probably. Hell I'd ride it and would be game for anything that shortens the lines for MF and SV! LOL.

If Magic Mountain can make Tatsu work, then I'm sure CP could make it work as well. Unfortunately, they don't have the elevated land, and I doubt the would build IN the lagoon, but over the lagoon, and onto the island is a possibility.

With that said, the last two build in the US were in 2009 and 2006. I don't think they have the re-rideability of the different sit-down styles (floorless, wing, invert) because of the prone position while riding. For this reason alone, I don't think we're going to see a flyer at the Point anytime soon.

Maverick since '99

I think wing coasters are the new flyers.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service