Crazy things you hear while waiting in line...

^^Who waits in line for Mine Ride?

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

First of all I want to say that early entry on a Friday is ideal for multiple rides with short lines. Gatekeeper front seat then Valravn, then MF 2 rides, then Maverick 2 rides, Magnum 2 rides. But I digress.

At MF about 5:35 got in line, it wasn't operating, I had seen it operating minutes earlier. Group in front of us was very agitated by the stoppage, complaining that CP should be better prepared and have everything up and ready to go, especially since they had early entry. Well, obviously it had been up and ready to go because if they looked 15 feet to their left they would see a train full of riders waiting to disembark whenever the delay ended, which it did in less than 5 minutes.

Then they spoke about the condition of Blue Streak, how rough it is and that it will definitely be the next coaster to get new track. One guy said "Blue Streak isn't that old." Other guy says "it just had it's 50th birthday." First guy says "Well, it wasn't as old as Mean Streak, that one was like 100 years old."

Wow, they built some great coasters in 1917.

Side note; at Valravn "Peggy Peg Keeper" was in line next to my son and I and she seemed like a very kind, sweet lady.

I wasn't in line, but when I was leaving Friday night I saw a couple kids stop and look at Ron's Mustang... I kinda wanted to interrupt them to let them know that guy probably cut in line in front of them. lmao

Maverick since '99

^^^ Now I have to drain the coffee from my keyboard! It wouldn't be so funny if it wasn't totally plausible!

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

CP Maverick said:
I wasn't in line, but when I was leaving Friday night I saw a couple kids stop and look at Ron's Mustang... I kinda wanted to interrupt them to let them know that guy probably cut in line in front of them. lmao

Me and my friend did the same thing, then saw the TTD sign and we were like “And now I have no respect for this mustang.”

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

Should have told the couple kids 'IT'S A 4 CYLINDER'

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

You guys know which car is Ron's. And you think he is a loser...

He has a sign in the front window with his name on it and how many laps he has on whatever ride... Kinda hard to miss

Maverick since '99

and unless things have changed in the last couple years, he has a vanity license plate on the rear that was "TTD RON" or something like that.

Now I gotta look out for this Mustang next time I go. I've been to CP enough times this year I would think i would have seen Ron at some point.

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

I don't have anything against people who aren't total coaster nuts, but this past weekend someone asked "where is that one rollercoaster where you stand up?" to someone they were with, WHILE in the line for rougarou. I'm sure they just don't go to cedar point often, but it still made me laugh inside.

Burritos, Inspiration Point, Fork Balloon Sports, Cards in the Spokes, Automatic Biographies, Kites, Kung Fu, Trophies, Banana Peels We've Slipped On and Egg Shells We've Tippy Toed Over

he parks the mustang in soak city lot either along the back edge by camping or side edge by Gemini.

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

I usually park mine back there too, unless there's a chance of rain, then I drive the non-Mustang. lmao

Maverick since '99

I was in long line for freestyle, and a guy behind me who looked like he came straight out of Wayne's World got caught smoking there. He was told by an employee to put his cigarette out, argued with him for a bit, then finally put it out. There was only one worker at the freestyle, so the line moved so very slowly as the group the guy was with behind us was complaining nonstop.

They complained about not seeing/hearing about any smoking sections, that the ban on smoking anywhere in the park was a way for the US Government/Cedar Fair/whatever to control us, that smoke shouldn't affect anyone outside, etc.

I would have thought these people traveled through time or something if the smoker dude didn't claim "Well, when I was here last in 2011 you were allowed to smoke everywhere." Lmao! What?!

I was glad when I finally was able to get my drink and leave. Lmao, this had to be the craziest thing I have ever heard at the park.

ValravnCP said:

They complained about not seeing/hearing about any smoking sections [snip] that smoke shouldn't affect anyone outside, etc.

Their first point just confirms: (1) that people don't listen; and (2) that the loudspeaker announcements every 15 minutes about the safety and comfort of all park guests works about as well as the loudspeaker safety instruction spiels from the ride ops.

Their second point was moronic, insensitive, and outright laughable. Especially when the midway is so packed with people that you cannot get away from someone who is breaking the rules, outdoor smoking is no different than indoor smoking.

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

As a former smoker it helps to be around smokers every once in awhile and say to myself, "I used to smell like that all the time?, Lordy!"

Yesterday there seemed to be more smoke on the midways than usual. I think some places have gone overboard like telling people they can't smoke inside their parked cars on property but I don't see how insisting someone use designated areas is an attempt to control them.

I noticed more smokers than usual yesterday also, but I think it can be attributed to a different "demographic" of customer that attends Halloweekends. I also smelled some "funny" smoke near Slingshot bathroom.

Funny announcement by the Gemini ride op after the trains stopped outside of the station: "look at that stack! I can smell the maple syrup".

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

It seems like, as the season winds down, some ride ops become more loosey goosey and interactive with their spiels. I enjoy it, wish they would do it more often all season.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service