Melt bar and grill open

The day we stopped at the Steak & Shake in Benton Harbor and my friend Kathe found a piece of Formica in her burger was the last time we ate at Steak & Shake. Not good eats.

I mean, how do you get Formica into a burger? That takes work.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

http://cpfoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/150823-Cedar-Point...izza-2.jpg

Not sure how you get it in a burger, but Bosco Pizza seems to have perfected Formica covered pizza.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

CP Maverick said:

my statement was equating the two as both being wrong or against the "traditional" form of marriage. Just because one thing is bad doesn't mean another thing is good. I don't equate rape and theft, but they are both wrong.

Why do Christians get to set the parameters for "traditional" marriage? You do realize that Christians didn't invent it, right? Just like Christmas, they co-opted it from Pagans and made their own rules for it.

And even if we accept that Christian marriage is "traditional", why are we (they) ignoring polygamy? Or that women were "traditionally" owned by their husbands? Or purchased by their husbands from the wife's father?

The picking and choosing of defining "traditional" seems transparently self-serving.

Brandon

So... Im going to the park soon and want a good place to eat.
Is Melt worth it?

(Worth it to me is filling, yummy, and not to greasy)

argues just for clicks

Frog Hopper King, yes and I would recommend you sit at the bar (so long as you're not a family of four with kids [see above for details]).

Tall and fast not so much upside down...

^ So I am offering this observation/question tongue in cheek. Based upon the comments/opinions in the hijacked portion of this thread about CFA, homosexuality, and traditional marriage, etc. (and the underlying logic and emotions of what is or is not discriminatory) why is it that families with children should "excluded" from sitting at the bar? If the seat is available and a family with kids is hungry and next in line to be seated, why shouldn't they be allowed to take up the remaining seats at the bar?

Last edited by Rusty,

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

Frog Hopper King said:

(Worth it to me is filling, yummy, and not to greasy)

Well, it certainly touches on 2 of those points. The portions are HUGE, and the food is good, but you're not going to avoid grease there.

That reminds me of working at Pizza Hut in college. Customers would come in and order large pan Pepperoni Lover's pizzas, with extra cheese, and ask for it without grease...

That would usually be in addition to another large pan pizza, probably something like the Meat Lover's, a large order of cheese sticks, and an order of garlic cheese bread. And a diet coke.

Brandon

I guess what i mean is not too greasy. After a day of riding on rollercoasters eating something thats soaked in grease is not super fun.

Im excited to eat there and give it a try! Any suggestions on what sandwich is the best?

argues just for clicks

Rusty said:

^ So I am offering this observation/question tongue in cheek. Based upon the comments/opinions in the hijacked portion of this thread about CFA, homosexuality, and traditional marriage, etc. (and the underlying logic and emotions of what is or is not discriminatory) why is it that families with children should "excluded" from sitting at the bar? If the seat is available and a family with kids is hungry and next in line to be seated, why shouldn't they be allowed to take up the remaining seats at the bar?

Actually, there is no Ohio law prohibiting children from sitting at the bar with their parents. Given parental consent, they are allowed to consume alcohol at the bar. Cedar Point rules may not allow that however.

What If I Give My Child Permission to Drink Under My Supervision?

Under Ohio law, children under the age of 21 may drink alcoholic beverages while under the supervision of their parents. This means one parent (or legal guardian) must give consent and be physically present while the child consumes alcohol. Therefore, in addition to permitting supervised drinking in a private residence, Ohio law also allows parents to order alcoholic beverages for children at restaurants or bars -- as long as the parents remain with the children while the drinks are consumed. Though it is legal for businesses to sell alcohol to parents (knowing the parents will give the drinks to their children), many restaurants choose to limit their liability by refusing to sell alcohol intended for underage children or limiting the hours that minors may be present on the premises.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Is it legal to fly a drone while seated at the bar or is that just a moral line that would be crossed?

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

All I know is how irritated I would get stopping into our usual watering hole, the original Max and Ermas, and see a family taking up seats at the bar, kids climbing everywhere, when they might’ve been better served at at table. It made no matter to me how legal it was, and the bartender felt the same way.

I’m also irritated by Chic-fil-A, but that’s a topic for another day.

djDaemon said:

That reminds me of working at Pizza Hut in college. Customers would come in and order large pan Pepperoni Lover's pizzas, with extra cheese, and ask for it without grease...

That would usually be in addition to another large pan pizza, probably something like the Meat Lover's, a large order of cheese sticks, and an order of garlic cheese bread. And a diet coke.

I wonder how people like this cook bacon at home without grease...

Maverick since '99

In the oven, on a wire rack sitting in a wide pan :-)

Grease drips away, bacon yumminess remains.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

I was referring to the existence of grease, not the location.

Maverick since '99

Baked Bacon is by far the best bacon!

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

RCMAC said:

All I know is how irritated I would get stopping into our usual watering hole, the original Max and Ermas, and see a family taking up seats at the bar, kids climbing everywhere, when they might’ve been better served at at table. It made no matter to me how legal it was, and the bartender felt the same way.

And maybe we are talking about two different things here (which would make a difference if so), but if there are no tables available and plenty of space at the bar - I think that the family with kids should be perfectly free to sit at the bar rather than wait. If there ARE tables available and they choose to sit at the bar instead, that may be a different story and I could sympathize with your frustration.

Or a third scenario: what if the family sits at the bar because no tables are open, but then once they have been served a table becomes available. Is the family obligated to leave the bar and sit at the now open table? If they are settled in and eating at that point, I would say NO.

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

Obligated? No, but it's the decent thing to do if there are people waiting for a seat at the bar.

Brandon

So you expect the family, who has their food, to move the food from the bar to the table? Seems like the decent thing to do would be for the people wanting to sit at the bar to simply sit at the table. Why would you expect the family to move?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service