TTD time to go?

I could see them upgrading the ride in the future with a more reliable and modern hydraluic launch. Adding LSMs would be impossible as the trains would have to be much lighter and the launch much longer to get the desired speed.

Actually, as of right now, Steel Vengeance is the most looked for by far.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=%2Fm%2F034_8z,%2Fm%2F0kv...m%2F0c6x6z

Note: I'm assuming the graph before the announcement spike is showing the results for "RMC Mean Streak"

Last edited by Go Intamin,

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

Um...the ride ain't goin' anywhere people......chill.

How reliable is that trend source?

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

TTD stayed up and running pretty much all weekend for us. Got 3 or 4 rides on it without waiting more than a few minutes. My brother-in-law went with us. He hadn't been to CP for 20 years. He loved it. Considered it his favorite. What a great ride. Hope it never leaves the park.

^ We were there last weekend and had a similar experience. The line was 15 minutes on Sunday at about 10:30. My oldest daughter and I rode it and then I texted my wife to come on over and get in line so that she could have her very first ride. In the past she had been too afraid to ride it but this year she said she would and she kept her word. After it was over she said that she wished she hadn't waited and it was now her favorite coaster in the park.

In terms of Dragster's future Cedar Point addressed this in the PointCast video (4:02) for the ride's 10th Anniversary.

Ride was up most of the day today (Wednesday august 30) if not the entire day. Decent wait time and fun ride

Tall and fast not so much upside down...

My brother and I were there Sunday as well. We arrived shortly after 5:00 p.m. and after our obligatory first ride on Millennium, we headed over to Dragster. After seeing the short wait, we then decided a marathon was in order and proceeded to get 10 rides in a row. I love it when that happens. I would be very disappointed if Cedar Point ever decided to remove this ride. I know it's not the most reliable ride in the park, but it certainly generates a lot of excitement--even for those who just show up to watch it run.

CoasterKyle1121 said:
How reliable is that trend source?

Google it and find out

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Seems like this is the time of year for next to no wait times at the park based off what you last few guys have said

Unfortunately Eric Lapp doesn't work there anymore. I hope whoever is now head of the maintenance team can do a better job next season and fixes these issues quickly

It's been a couple years since I've been to the park, but I think the biggest issue with TTD's reliability is the complexity of it's control system. Next time you're on the platform or on the ride, just look at the sheer number of the green prox sensors on the track compared to any other coaster in the park. I'm guessing if one sensor goes bad or sends back a false reading that will take the entire ride down until the controls can be reset or the sensor can be replaced.

I have heard that the reason it has so many sensors was because each primary block was designed to operate as a number of smaller micro-blocks. This would let you move trains closer together. For example, moving moving load 1 and load 2 into launch and prelaunch blocks simultaneously, instead of waiting for the train in load 1 to completely clear the block before load 2 can start to advance at all.

I've never actually seen the ride operate in this mode, it's always been running in the standard "wait until next block is 100% clear before advancing" mode, which makes me wonder if all of those prox sensors are even still necessary. Likewise, if I remember correctly, Maverick moves both trains from loading to launch/pre-launch at the same time, and it doesn't have nearly the amount of prox sensors in the station as TTD.

I'm curious as to how feasible it would be to simplify TTD's control system without compromising safety, and if that would result in less downtime. It's also possible that they've already made modifications to the control system over the last few years and don't even use half of those sensors, or that I simply have no idea what I'm talking about :)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service