RMC Streak Photo Update - May 7, 2017

Scotteh said:

...is the meanstreak train partially buried in the graveyard? Cough cough , with a Tombstone above it?

No. It was, during HW. But so were a number of other rides' trains/cars.

Does "Tombstone" fit with "they're coming"?

Tombstones are coming... Ehhh....

Brandon

Why are we still guessing names? We'll know the answer in less than 24 hours.

Because some people consider it fun. I personally do not, but I don't have a problem with people guessing. It's a free forum. ;-)

No it's not. ;-)

Brandon

Touche.

Scotteh said:

I said Tombstone early on. Gambling, outlaws, and no one answered: is the meanstreak train partially buried in the graveyard? Cough cough , with a Tombstone above it?

Not trying to be a jerk here, so please take it as intended as a playful jab ;-) but in addition to Tombstone early on, have you not also had about 25 or 30 other guesses along the way? If one of those happens to be correct, will there be an "I told you so" post at 12:30 tomorrow? LOL! But I admire your enthusiasm!

I recall making one public guess on PointBuzz quite a few months ago. I knew then it was unlikely and I'm even more convinced now that it won't be the new name. But if this ride turns out to be called The Gallows I'm going to claim ownership to the guess the name prize!

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

Here is my last thought on this before we all know. I'm hoping that the three posters represent three different rides being added to a new connected midway. We know that the last one would represent MS2.0, with its higher reward and name in description.

The first poster though, Digger, made me think of one ride, but I do not know if it was scrapped or not. And that is Skyscraper. It was last scene on the outskirts of town. Its probably just because it was a favorite of my wife and I, and like I said, others may know if it was melted down already. But I would love if they brought that back within the park.

The other poster, Wild One, could be one of many different nostalgic type of rides.

Anyway, just a thought.

I am just glad my original guess of Vengeance is still in the running!

I hope the entrance can fit underneath the last roll, just to the left of the old entrance. Wouldn't that be a heck of a Welcome to the ride queue.

First ride; Magnum 1994

Streak Keeper.

On a dark desert midway.....

We've discussed a lot about what we think RMC Streak will be like, but not so much about the Hootenanny itself. What do you think it'll be like? CP Rundown posted a picture via Facebook of the set up so far. It has a large black stage and screen, lots of speakers, and a blue tent. I feel like it's going to be more than just an announcement. Maybe dancing and music before and after. Possibly some neat food stands like the brew and BBQ weekends? Everytime I think of the Hootenanny, I vision the party scene from Back to the Future Part III.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

I think of The Replacements album from the early 80s, but that probably misses the mark here. :)

Jason, Tony and such will likely be in costume as/or alongside those in the "wanted" posters. Probably some emus running around as well. :) Probably get some new buttons. Should I wear my MS button from Last Rites?

I gotcha beat, Cargo Shorts. In the 60's there were two weekly, evening music shows featuring artists from the top 40 lip syncing their songs. One was called Shindig (pop) and the other was Hootenanny (folk). It's all I think of whenever I hear that word.

Palisades had a Mack Calypso named Hootenanny that was music themed. I think the back flash had musical notes instead of hearts.

I think the origin of the word is Scottish, not western, but you go, Cedar Point!

I completely forgot about Tony and Jason. They definetly should be there. I'm so excited for the Hootenanny! Only about 10 more hours until this thread is archived.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Final name prediction: King James

Gemini 100 (6/11/01)

Walking around the other night I thought they might use the jamboree stage but the stage with rmc in background will be nice.

First ride; Magnum 1994

GL2CP said:

I hope the entrance can fit underneath the last roll, just to the left of the old entrance. Wouldn't that be a heck of a Welcome to the ride queue.

That's the third inversion out of four. It is followed by a couple of airtime hills, another inversion and what can only be described as the end to end all roller coasters.

I did a google search for different keywords on cedarpoint.com. Only one of the potential names brought up a result and that result was the roller coasters page.

Please, anything but that name...

CoasterKyle1121 said:
I completely forgot about Tony and Jason. They definetly should be there.

Ya think?
I heard they asked for the day off to go golfing, but the boss said no.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service