RMC Streak Photo Update - May 7, 2017

^I'd be surprised considering that I'd expect them to already be painted if so. It'd add a lot to the schedule, no?

But I agree, that would be cool. I think it'll still look nice, almost like railway ties (albeit a differing material).

Can I order my Fast Lane now? This coaster is going to be a gold mine for Cedar Point. Sorry...

Yeah I'm not sure. I know they painted them after the fact on Twisted Colossus. There are construction pictures of the ride before they got painted and it looks a bit out of place. Then again, they stand out a lot more on a white structure, which I'm sure played a big part in their decision to paint them.

I think it would look nicer and more western if they were painted. Steel beams everywhere don't really help the theme. In the end though, I don't really care. This is going to be an awesome ride!

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Third lap of the revamped MS be like...

Promoter of fog.

They could really do some wicked stuff with a lighting package in there, maybe just for HalloWeekends.

Looking at that picture, it looks like we got the high speed heart line roll we lost from Maverick. :)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Careful not to jinx it ;)

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

Greetings fellow enthusiasts,

Avid reader for many years but rare poster. First, I would like to thank Walt & Jeff for the many years of updating, improving, maintaining, and supporting PointBuzz. It's always available and is in my opinion the best website associated with Cedar Point news, activities, and Info. Superb job guys!! Second, a BIG shout out to all the vets on this blog who've contributed regularly to my reading, smiling and general laughing (especially Pete).

Perpetual Obsession... WOW that pic! Hands up through structure for general population? Will it displace MF as the #1 coaster at CP? Maybe. Cargo Shorts mentioned a lighting package. Can you imagine a strobe effect through some part of the structure for Halloweekends? Not sure if that would be good, but wickedly cool.

I'll preface this by saying that many folks will read what's coming next and say "get rational, over analyzed, you have too much time on your hands", etc, etc. I confess that they're probably all correct regarding this.

My quick thoughts on the clues & teasers: The three characters seem to be oriented towards Frontier town's roller coasters. Blackjack is the villain and RMC's reincarnation of MS as I believe Final Force and others have already suggested with clues for Blackjack matching up. It's the other two that make me wonder. Chess "Wild One" Watkins "was last seen galloping out of town" on Maverick. The clues of "Wild One, whip smart, involving high speed chases, daring maneuvers, and unbridled twists/turns" all match up. "Chess" is a game of tactical & strategic moves which can also be family or younger age oriented. As long as Chess doesn't represent CCMR, then she's being used solely for clues. Wyatt "Digger" Dempsey is the treasure hunting miner who is digging or "drilling" for gold or "precious minerals". I'm guessing this character to represent either an RMC conversion of Cedar Creek Mine ride or possibly a dark ride/coaster(such as Flight of Fear at KI) with a mining theme. If dark ride, look for entrance nearer the Gemini midway based on clue "approach from the right". This would also fit with "There's a Score to settle tease which may be eluding to a step in CP's stated direction that they'll pursue and recapture the coaster # record (by 2020?).

Blackjack's reward jumped from $875 to $1000 signifying the value increase from Mean Streak to RMC's creation. Wyatt Digger and Chess Wild One both had $875 rewards. That's the important clue with Chess(if any of this pans out, lol). If she represents Maverick, than logic would dictate that her value would be higher than CCMR... unless CCMR's reward value is increasing with the upcoming 2018 announcement OR a new dark ride w/coaster element which would have similar reward value to Maverick.

Again, these are all only guesses & speculations. "They're coming" could mean RMC Mean Streak and RMC CCMR. At a height of 48' tall and length of 2540 ft, costs would not be extravagant and the timeline would be easily accommodated as RMC already has their manpower/machinery onsite.

If we follow CP's typical improvement budget prior to Matt Ouimet, then this could be easily scratched with a rationalization bullet. However, consider the investments and changes at CP since Ouimet took over in 2012. Nothing but class with Gatekeeper, Valravn, it's new midway, Breakers, etc, etc... then couple in consistent record revenues(FL/FL+), 2020's upcoming 150th Anniversary, CCMR's 50 year anniversary upcoming in 2019, and the fact that Arrow Dynamics is long gone with CCMR parts likely hard to come by. A subtle hint by Tony speaking about how "ironic" the discovery of an old radio program called "What's Mine is Mine". Then, Tony saying around 2014 regarding the 5 year plan, something like "Wow, are you kidding me?!". It all seems highly far-fetched financially & historically , however Matt Ouimet's passion and commitment level to transform/evolve CP as Cedar Fair's flagship park cannot be understated and shouldn't be underestimated. That's my two cents. We'll know tomorrow. If anyone can take any of this and associate it to hints, teasers, or clues that could make a more compelling case(outside of the new midway which I think will happen) for 2018, then please do so. Now, let the bullets fly!

Last edited by CPJerry,

CPJerry said:

Greetings fellow enthusiasts,

Avid reader for many years but rare poster. First, I would like to thank Walt & Jeff for the many years of updating, improving, maintaining, and supporting PointBuzz. It's always available and is in my opinion the best website associated with Cedar Point news, activities, and Info. Superb job guys!!

And more people should sign up for Point Buzz Premium to show their appreciation.

Chris

Jordan_Vanichek said:

Careful not to jinx it ;)

After watching the pic I am more concerned about the second inversion giving them trouble.

Fake News.

Railblazer: California's Great America

Hangtime/TheLedge: Knott's Berry farm.

Nearly confirmed, and are both well over a month old.

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

If the leaked info about Kings Dominion's RMC is correct, we can reasonably assume CP has also managed to keep the name for MSv2 under wraps as well.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Probably won't even have the name Trademarked until tomorrow morning, just like Gatekeeper

I kind of feel Rustler fits most clues and dovetails with Maverick well.

^ My only problem with that name is it's redundant. A mustang is a wild horse. Putting "Wild" in front of "Mustang" wouldn't add anything to the name.

Old Grey Mare

Promoter of fog.

There was also this tweet from Jason McClure.

Brandon

Maybe they'll go Fistful of Dollars on us and just called it The Ride With No Name

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service