RMC Streak Photo Update - May 7, 2017

they said there were 5 inversions

the last inversion they recall is what we all know is the third inversion

I didn't really learn anything from that video. Where did anyone say "5 inversions"?

Maverick since '99

Caleb S said:

I'm sure that those who were at the sneak peak have pretty strict directions as to what they can share.

I think it's more of "we'll show you something that, while awesome, really won't show/reveal anything that anyone really, really, hyper-focused on the project (meaning all of you reading this) doesn't already know anyway".

Oh, and here is two free tickets to Cedar Point for the day.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Well , now we do have better info from Ryan Carpenter but I wont share the details here. Hopefully a new thread will be created for those that want to discuss the details to avoid spoilers on this thread.

Last edited by jo linn,

Done.

If you actually do have some spoilin' to do, please direct your comments to the correct thread.

Promoter of fog.

The reason the park held the contest and allowed 50 to see what they did was so they might share what they know.
Nowhere did the rules state they'd be under any restriction, in fact they were free to discuss what they saw with whoever they pleased. And along with that came the promise that not everythjng would be revealed, just the POV and that was all.

If attendees are holding back it's because they either choose to or they just don't remember. Not because they have to.

I can't believe we're only 3 days away from the announcement, after 6 years of this being an enthusiast's wet dream and a full year of incessant (and sometimes annoying) speculation, and photos/videos of every single new bolt added to the ride's structure. For us, this has to be the most anticipated roller coaster of the decade.

I think more than anything, I'll just be relieved that the beans will finally be spilled on RMC Streak, because this past year seems like it took forever to pass. While it has been really fun to have the layout slowly revealed through construction, I'm really ready to see the renderings and stats for this thing. I seriously don't think I've been this excited for a CP coaster since Millennium Force.

Who all plans on attending on Wednesday? I know I'll be there!

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Maybe. Something tells me it will be a lot more convenient to stay home and watch the internet.

I'll be watching it "live" via FaceTime.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I'll be there. It gives me a good excuse to use my season pass at least once this year.

Maverick since '99

I will be

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

RCMAC said:
Maybe. Something tells me it will be a lot more convenient to stay home and watch the internet.

But that is like watching fireworks on TV.

I plan on it long as I can get out of bed in time. Fingers crossed for some swag. Like some front of line tickets for opening day. Lol. The keychains were actually kind of cool at Last Rites.

I'll be there. I'm really interested in seeing what the plans are for Frontier Town, the infield, new entrance, etc. Hopefully they will reveal everything and not just the coaster. It will be fun regardless. After all, a day at the park is always better than a day at the office!

Jason

Why do they call it common sense, when it's so infrequently used?

First off, let me say how rude I think it is that some people had spoilers in this thread. Secondly, I wrote a pretty lengthy detailed description of the POV in the spoilers thread. And for those of you who think the Sneak Peek did not reveal anything everybody had already known, you're dead wrong. In my description of the third lap there are some bombshells you might want to check out.

I'm hoping Pagoda gift shop will have t shirts this summer with the logo for Wild Aces...or whatever it's called.

I wouldn't say bomb shells. I was there. And I still know next to nothing more than I did before.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Next to nothing? I'm starting to think you were at work that day. I heard someone say not all 50 people were there. So you were the one that blinked during the finale. Or was it a sneeze? Regardless, everybody will find out on Wednesday about the third lap and say, "I had no idea."

RMC is redoing Mean Streak.......SPOILERS!!

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

WOW! The end portion of this ride is shaping up to be everything I hoped it would be. Riding through the structure like this is going to be phenomenal.

Anyone else wondering if they're going to paint the steel beams to match the wood? Not all of them of course, but the really long ones that don't touch the track? They did it on Twisted Colossus - it makes the ride look so much sharper and gives the illusion that it's an all-wood structure. Take a look: https://rcdb.com/12282.htm#p=59228

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service