RMC Streak Photo Update - May 7, 2017

Go Intamin said:

...there was that guy that broke his leg squeezing through the air gates on Raptor a year or two ago.

He didn't break his leg.

https://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Topic/raptor-gate-injury

Brandon

I'd imagine that other issues with the magnetic gates is getting them all opened quickly (they just kind of sit there on Power Tower until someone is in between them opening them, or the wave to come in), getting people through as quickly as possible, not having them slam on another gate (or a person's fingers), etc.

With the air gates, they're all opened and controlled for how far they can open and slowing down to make sure it doesn't cause as many issues.

e x i t english said:

Um. You guys know that the Knoebels rides got air gates a year or so ago, right? I'm actually not 100% remembering if Twister has them yet, but Phoenix definitely received them.

They must have installed them on Phoenix the week after I was there because I was there Memorial day weekend 2016 and they didn't have them

The issue with air gates is when people lean on them they move and twist and can cause the ride to "go down" as all the ops let everyone know. With the magnetic gates they don't budge once closed. No matter how hard you lean on them they wont move. Also if there is no one in said row they will just stay closed. I prefer the magnetic over the air. Also with the magnetic there are less "moving parts" you don't have to worry about air lines and all that goes with an air system

Paul Florio said:

They must have installed them on Phoenix the week after I was there because I was there Memorial day weekend 2016 and they didn't have them

I thought they were added during the off season and the ride opened with them, but I'm hearing mixed accounts on when they actually appeared during the season. For sure, they were there for PPP.

Airgates would be a challenge on Twister due to the station's curve, which is probably why they haven't gotten them yet.

As far as the shaking the gates making a ride go down. There's a proximity sensor under the station of each ride with airgates that send a signal back to the ride's control system to indicate that the gates are closed and its okay to dispatch the ride (in addition to other things that need to happen to dispatch). So if the gates are shaken, that sensor could see the gates as 'open' which would shut down a ride.

So keep your damn kids off the gates! And off my lawn! ;)

Hey, I like your lawn. Very nicely groomed. Those association fees are going a long way. :)

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

Scotteh said:

But just maybe a new RMC raptor track deal was struck with the RMC revamp MS deal.

They have nowhere near the necessary capacity to operate well at Cedar Point.

Last edited by TTD6262,

The most dangerous enemy is the one you don't know you have.

^I agree. Nobody is going to wait 4+ hours to ride the coaster.

With the capacity being below the requirement for Cedar Point, does anyone see the possibility of a multi-track variation being installed for the same price as a single track B&M coaster? If the price is right, it could open up new possibilities for racing / dueling coasters while also gaining the benefits of raptor track.

Richie - "Giant Texan"

With CP already having a really solid racing coaster, I'd be surprised if they invested in another one. Leave the Raptor Track for the smaller parks and keep the capacity machines coming to CP.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

A dueling or even a triple track would barely keep up with capacity I feel comparing it to the big name coasters

I believe it would take 4 dueling coasters with three trains each to reach the level of an average B&M's capacity. A Raptor might make sense at a park like Michigan's Adventure.

The most dangerous enemy is the one you don't know you have.

TTD6262 said:

I believe it would take 4 dueling coasters with three trains each to reach the level of an average B&M's capacity. A Raptor might make sense at a park like Michigan's Adventure.

Four or more tracks was part of what I was thinking. It could be something more along the lines of the steeplechase coaster at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, but with higher capacity and more elements. While Gemini is a solid racing coaster, I think this would be different enough to make it worthwhile. Imagine the tracks doing barrel rolls and wrapping around each other like a rope. It would be similar to Twisted Colossus, but both tracks would be rolling.

Richie - "Giant Texan"

After the Dueling Dragons debacle I'd be surprised to see a new high speed dueling coaster pretty much anywhere. One @ssh@t ruins it for everyone.

ROUNDABOUND.

SPOILER ALERT! The name and plans have been leaked for RMC hurler. . .

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1771578839524484&set=pcb.91...=3&theater

Last edited by Final Force 505,

Well, then.

Can RMCMS make it just 5 more days?!?!

:: ominous soap opera organ chord ::

:)

Last edited by DaveDzRochNY,

I think most of you are over thinking meanstreak. Its just another rmc conversion just a lot bigger nothing more.
As far as twisted timbers, it looks like a clone of storm chaser which imo is the weakest rmc out of all the ones I've ridden. I will be at KD next june to ride it.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service