RMC Streak Photo Update - May 7, 2017

Aj1 said:

As far as twisted timbers, it looks like a clone of storm chaser

Dude, just because the first drop looks similar to Storm Chaser's doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to be exactly like it.

Last edited by Perpetual Obsession,

His listed occupation on Facebook is Mechanical Supervisor at King's Dominion. Or at least that was his occupation. Moron.

Gemini 100 (6/11/01)

interesting

Storm Chaser touts 13 airtime hills to Twisted Timbers 20. Plus TT will be a little bit faster.

Twenty airtime hills is a lot if they all work right. I am going to need to do a couple trips next year.

Aj1 said:

I think most of you are over thinking meanstreak. Its just another rmc conversion just a lot bigger nothing more.

As far as twisted timbers, it looks like a clone of storm chaser which imo is the weakest rmc out of all the ones I've ridden

Based on what we've seen from Mean Streak already, nobody is over thinking anything.

As for Twisted Timbers, if anything it's closer to Wicked Cyclone just based on the length of the two. We haven't really seen the layout in full yet, so it's tough to say it looks too much like anything at this point.

I was able to ride Storm Chaser and Lightning Rod a few weeks ago and I find using the word "weak" to describe Storm Chaser to be hilarious. I've now been on 3 RMCs and SC was anything but weak. The ejector was pretty intense (only topped by LR) and the speed was incredible throughout the entire ride. I've seen videos of it crawling through the course but I was lucky to get the exact opposite. Of the 3 RMCs I've been on, I would actually put Goliath on the bottom. It's fun but not as off the walls crazy as Storm Chaser and Lightning Rod are.

That's what I love about RMC though. Every one of their creations is unique when compared to the others. And even if one is not as highly regarded as the others, it is still a solid ride by itself.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I laughed at that too. Must be another Storm Chaser out there.
I rode it right about this time last year when I visited the Ky. State Fair. I held on for dear life and was shocked at the forces delivered by a fairly low-profile ride.
I shot a vid of the train as it crossed over the entrance to the ride and sent it to a friend. He said it was clearly a LOT faster than when he'd ridden it earlier in the season. And mentioned something about a wheel change in the meantime that he felt had contributed to faster speeds. Maybe our Aj1 only had the chance to ride it in its former form, because by the time I got there it was a serious ass kicker all the way to the final brake.

Anyway, if this Twisted Timbers ride turns out to be anything remotely similar, I wouldn't have a problem with it whatsoever.
(Cedar Fair Word of the Decade: Timbers)

I had a good look at MS again yesterday and holy crap. The low inversion looks awesome and there are two bunny hills after that, on the way to the third lap back turn, that only promise ejector airtime goodness.

Last edited by RCMAC,

I ride Storm Chaser all the time since I live here in Louisville, and it's by far the most ejector air I've ever experienced. RMCMS will be twice as tall basically so I'm gonna assume you'll be hanging on for dear life on those hills! Extremely fun ride and intense

BigDrops

Good grief!

So is CP destined for a Timbers as well?

Blazing Timbers
Renegade Timbers
Falling Timbers
Mean Timbers
Timber Embers
Timber Hawk (win-win)

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

Mean Chaser.

As a plus, they could offer it as a drink, too. ;)

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

If anything, assuming Twisted Timbers is the name at KD, it shows that Cedar Fair is not married to the idea that the name of the old ride has to be incorporated into the new one. Of course "Hurler" is tied to a movie from the the 90's that most people under 40 probably have no clue about, and Twisted Timbers makes for a nice play off of the Candy Apple Grove section of the park (presumably).

That said, there is nothing western or frontier about the name Mean Streak...(much like *cough* Railblazer), so I would think it's likely the name of the new ride will not have Mean or Streak in it.

Maybe.

Promoter of fog.

^Railblazer could be steam train themed. But I do think that's for CGA.

If the new RMC has timbers in it's name, I hope they add a parking lot nearby so I can park mid-Timbers.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

someone on Reddit is claiming to "know someone who works there"

Steel Vengeance

https://www.reddit.com/r/RMCMeanStreak/comments/6tb8b7/rmc_mean_str...h=5e5a90ca

I know someone who works there who knows everyone that works there. He/she said it is the most tight-lipped secret they've ever seen there, ever. Even those that might normally know don't know this time. Very, very few. And they ain't talking.
So I call bs.

"His job is more dignified than that"
Ha...not of he told that guy.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

djcarl said:

someone on Reddit is claiming to "know someone who works there"

Steel Vengeance

https://www.reddit.com/r/RMCMeanStreak/comments/6tb8b7/rmc_mean_str...h=5e5a90ca

I really hope they go with that name. Haha!!

My guess from over a year ago...

That name doesn't sound half-bad, actually.

Steelie Meanie.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service