Other New Additions for 2018

Since they reduced the gates for CPS and now have additional staff at all existing gates, adding another entrance at a parking lot that they are actively controlling access too to reduce congestion is highly unlikely. The park is doing what it can to control access to hotel amenities for resort guests, new wristbands for the Breakers pool this year as another example. With the very successful CP Shores renovation increasing popularity to the park there's no reason to draw additional traffic to that parking lot.

Additional bathroom attendants would be very welcome and more cost effective.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

You can't park in the marina lot, yet there is a gate over there. All they would have to do is only allow waterpark guests to park in the lot back there. The gate would be mainly for LHP guests.

Most of the bathrooms in the park are probably 50+ years old. That is one area the park should address. The cost of building a new bathroom or renovating existing ones is just a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of building a coaster.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I used to park in the marina lot all the time. In fact, I never used the front gate until 2013. Nowadays they're just too strict with it.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Thanks for taking my parking spot, that was very thoughtful.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I didn't know it was frowned upon at the time! And in my defense, I did eat at Famous Daves every time before going in the park.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

God yes new restrooms or renovated. Sometimes I walk into those restrooms all over the park and just feel totally grossed out.

Maverick. All day. Everyday.

Wow, this is huge. I've been following Pointbuzz since Maverick, but a Cedar Point fan since my first visit in the 70s.

Anyhoo, any predictions on the price of a 2018 Platinum Pass?

I've had it since the 2011 season ( maybe even the same pass). I don't visit the park as much as when my kiddos were well, kids, but Platinum is the way to go, especially being from Toledo, and my daughter goes to school in Cincinnati.

I would expect more of the same, within about $5-10 of last year's price.

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

Thabto said:
The gate would be mainly for LHP guests.

After just getting off of an 8 day stay at LHP July 13-21 and being a regular at the cabins, it's easy for me to say there's no need for a separate gate for LHP.
First, it's not a bad walk to the resort gate (and an even shorter wait without non-resort guests using it this year), second there are three easily accessible shuttle stops for LHP area if you don't want to walk.
There's really no benefit for another gate for LHP, besides the people that stay at the resorts regularly utilize the beach entrance gate for early entry with its less than 5 minute wait.
This whole new gate nonsense seems like an enthusiast free premium parking entrance dream more than anything, especially since the soak city lot is now closed to early entry enthusiasts.

I think some enthusiasts need to reevaluate their early entry parking plans, the park itself was somewhat complicit with the millennium wall-back BS. The Marina dockholders, the hotel guests, and rv site holders paid premiums for their parking and access, non-resort guests shouldn't infringe on these guests reserved parking.
The park issues specific resort guest passes for early entry into the resort and beach gates, which have been requested in the busy July month this year for early access (and should in the future). A platinum pass gets you free parking to the main lot, that's all nothing else.

Pete said:

Parking this year in the marina started off a mess. As in prior years I could never find a spot near my pier (13). There was a large revolt about halfway thru the season from dock holders calling police and park administration about the situation. Moving all dockholder guests to the north lot across from Millenium Force helped, but the biggest help came from enforcing the rules and having the security and police roam the lots noityfying non marina people that they were parking in the wrong area. I have even saw some vehicles towed.

Thabto said:

Nice new bathrooms would be a welcome addition.

The only issue I have with any of the bathrooms is the flooring surface in the arcade men's room. For obvious reasons, I do not know if the ladies' restroom on the opposite end has a similar issue.

That first row of urinals and sinks has two different flooring tile types and there is a slight lip where the join up. I hit that just right one time a few years ago in sandals and rolled my ankle over. Thankfully, I have pretty elastic ankles and it was something I could walk off pretty easily with no long term effects, but I wasn't even thinking about it being an uneven surface as I walked in. My attention was on the wall of urinals and picking out an open spot rather than looking at the floor. But I suppose I could have just as easily slipped on a floor puddle if I wasn't paying close enough attention.

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

Redwolf what slip are you in on 13? I'm at 1322. :D

With the indisputable success the CP Shores renovation has been this year, do you think it'll also be getting some more attention for 2018 to keep the momentum going?
I'd sure like to see them continue, if for nothing else it keeps the crowds in CP relatively manageable especially during hot sunny days.

The management has done an amazing job with the beach and has kept focusing attention there with more events as well, which also has the same effect albeit not to the scale that CPS has.

All in all, the out of main park activities definitely helps with the bottom line and increases potential future improvements/investments across the board.

Kudos to management for having a great vision, the future is looking bright for CP.

Haven't been up there this year. Got two trips to LHP this year booked. First one is in four weeks. On our trips last year we finally started using the shuttle. Walked 30 yards from our camper and got on a bus that took us to the front gate. Then another time to Famous Dave's. You could tell that all the drivers were good at what they do because they had racked up quite a bit of tips. But they were very friendly. There is no need for a gate near Mean Streak.

Captain Matt said:

Redwolf what slip are you in on 13? I'm at 1322. :D

1323, your across and one slip from me! I have the red Sundancer.

Get that everyone?
Party!!!

My guess is we're not going to see a new midway path and definitely not a fifth gate into the park. What I think they MIGHT do is something along the lines of Ghost Town Alive at Knott's Berry Farm. A complete guess, but it seems like it's been successful there and it'd be kind of unique and different at Cedar Point.. Also, something looking similar to the "wanted" posters show up in this video. It's sort of an all day interactive improv kind of show. Definitely seems like it would have potential to make Frontier Town more "alive."

-Matt

I was thoroughly impressed with that area of the park at KBF on my visit there back in June and wish Cedar Point would incorporate something similar at my home park. I think FT has become a little stale from decades ago. I remember the FT carousel, WW Landing, and the Frontier Lift rounding out the area a little better back then. I agree that as much as I like the Antique cars, they could be replaced with something better to fit the theme. Here's looking to a hopeful FT overhaul for 2018.

Redwolf said:

Pete said:

Parking this year in the marina started off a mess. As in prior years I could never find a spot near my pier (13). There was a large revolt about halfway thru the season from dock holders calling police and park administration about the situation. Moving all dockholder guests to the north lot across from Millenium Force helped, but the biggest help came from enforcing the rules and having the security and police roam the lots noityfying non marina people that they were parking in the wrong area. I have even saw some vehicles towed.

Redwolf, This is my first year at the marina (Pier 1) but I don't recall much issue with the parking. Was it just for the smaller lot north of Dave's by the 10's piers?

Also, regarding guests, my In Laws came up earlier in the season and were able to park in the lot right by Pier 1, did they recently start enforcing the guest parking? We have friends coming up tomorrow so want to tell them what to expect.

Not sure about the south side of the marina. The north side, past Famous Daves we always a messd because of the close proximity of the restaurant, marina entrance gate, cedars dorms and piers 11,12,13 a dd 14.
I have heard that the south side is a little easier to have guest's park in.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service