RMC Streak Photo Update - May 7, 2017

Call me a coaster nerd but I'm going to need these stats on a shirt...and a poster...and a model...and..you get the idea.

It can still be a dualling coaster with how it is. It's the first single rail coaster(s) from RMC! (yes the track pieces aren't the ones for the single rail but hopefully this gets a chuckle. or a smile out of someone.....)

Last edited by Sealedseven,

Any news on whether or not the third lap will head back out towards mcbr and 2nd and 3rd hill??

It seems like it will, because after the heartline roll, there are more footers, but no wood on the footers. I think it will, but it seems 50/50.

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

On Friday, I saw a few cement trucks going down Perimeter Rd. I was thinking they were putting in new footers back there. Looks like I was right. I didn't see the footers, I saw them going down the road while I was on Raptor.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

^^After what heartline roll?

Different question. What are thoughts on the drop?? Is it going to be similar to Outlaw Run with a pre drop or a traditional lift and drop??

I'd guess it will be a traditional drop, but it really depends on the final height.

There's a heartline roll that they have ledgers to that starts the third lap.

Just got back from my first trip this year and wow. Besides the weather scaring everyone away and all rides except Maverick being walk-ons, seeing this thing up close was just surreal. Such an aesthetically beautiful structure already. My wife was going to buy me a VIP tour for my birthday this year, but I'm waiting till 2018 now.

No rerides on VIP tours. :( Must ride another attraction between. MS 2.0, Maverick, MS2.0 rinse repeat, all day. :) Start saving your pennies.

nice footage from the lake

Shane Denmark said:
Don't know if this has been mentioned... But the speed/airtime hill between the first drop and the first turnaround that was shown off at WCO looks to be part of a second or third lap, it's not in sequence between the first drop and the huge turnaround hill with the flag.

Watch the video in the previous post. At 7:55 you can see the small air hill isnt in line with the first and second hills. In fact you can see the rails of the second hill run alongside it. The air hill then either goes under or comes out from under the second hill.

ROUNDABOUND.

Considering that the *old* Texas Giant and Mean streak were essentially sister coasters, by designer and manufacturer, and, while not having identical twin layouts, could be considered similar coasters (Not necessarily in how they ride (or rode, in this posthumous case), but more in the sense of how they were intended), it will be very intriguing to see just how far RMC has come since remodeling the Texas Giant, using Mean streak as a sort of benchmark. Obviously, we can point to the coasters that RMC has renovated since then (Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, etc.) as good examples, but these are two very comparable examples, in my mind.
On another note, I recall reading something about Son of Beast and how some wanted an RMC makeover of that now deceased coaster. They made a great decision (In both the case of Mean Streak and Son of Beast) to let RMC mature before they did anything. As a result, we have Banshee, a fantastic B&M, and an absolutely insane coaster in the making. Well done, Cedar Fair.

Shane Denmark said:

Watch the video in the previous post. At 7:55 you can see the small air hill isnt in line with the first and second hills. In fact you can see the rails of the second hill run alongside it. The air hill then either goes under or comes out from under the second hill.

Still not certain we are seeing the same thing here. I'm definitely seeing a connection between the second hill and the speed bump. And, I would be curious as to why this thing was shown off at Winter Chill Out if indeed it is not in line with the main drop. Kinda underwhelming, to be perfectly honest. If they want to pitch it as a major ride element, then it should logically follow that first drop, in my opinion. Not saying that you are for sure wrong, but a discussion on the possibilities is helpful. So, in summary, I don't believe I'm seeing it the same way, and I don't think it would make logical sense if it didn't follow the first drop. I'm also reading comments from people who were at Winter Chill Out who saw the photo back on the old post, which seem to indicate the fact that it follows the first drop.
https://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Topic/mean-streak-gets-the-axe-in-september-2/159

It's discussed there and on the following pages.

I'm starting to doubt a full third lap with how low the last dozen ledgers have been. It's definitely losing speed rapidly if the mcbr is the same height as the original and the second trip under the lift is this much closer to ground level.

Shane Denmark said:

There's absolutely no way to tell from that video.

But let's look at the evidence. The evidence suggesting that hill immediately follows the first drop:

• WCO attendees saw a photo that reportedly left little or no doubt.
  • The profile of that hill would provide no airtime on the 3rd lap.
  • It appears to immediately follow the first drop.

And the evidence that it does not:

• A guy on the internet says so. ;-)

Pictures and video can drastically distort perspective. So until you or anyone else can provide something a bit more definitive, I'll stick with that hill being what it appears to be.

Brandon

I'm okay if the last lap stays low to the ground. It's not like the old third lap of Mean Streak was very exciting - more like I'd reached my tolerance for beating and just wanted it to be over! If the new ride isn't slowed practically to a stop in the midcourse as the old one was, there's no reason to think the last lap can't be one of the best/most intense parts of the ride. Magnum's bunny hills aren't very high off the ground, but they are probably some of the most intense elements in the park.

As for lack of a third lap, I'm not really seeing evidence of that. There are ledgers placed inside the structure and low to the ground near the former entrance that would be the third pass by that area. Unless they chop it short and cut it straight across the infield to get it back to the station (which would probably involve pouring new footers), it appears to me that the new course will closely mimic the old from an aerial perspective.

-Matt

Considering there is just a 40 or so foot 120 ish degree banked overbank following a 60 ish foot off axis airtime hill right before the heartline roll, I would say that this thing is still carrying quite a bit of speed.

djDaemon said:

Pictures and video can drastically distort perspective. So until you or anyone else can provide something a bit more definitive, I'll stick with that hill being what it appears to be.

Thanks. I didn't like the breakfast I ate, anyway. ;-)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service