Sweet spot - your thoughts?

Anyone see my suggestion from a few posts ago? I think I was skipped over.

Shawn, the problem with introducing a deep fat fryer into the space would be the cost vs. return for all the stuff you have to add with it. Certified hood and fire suppression. Plus, as anyone who has worked in food service will tell you, fryers are a mess. Plus, those items can be acquired from other locations in the park. The idea was that the Sweet Spot would have bulk and unique hand made stuff. It definitely makes money and until that changes I would suspect the status to remain similar to 2016.

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

^ Thanks for the reply dude. I'll just think of flavors of Fudge that the park should introduce. For example, they need to bring back the blueberry cheesecake fudge. That was my favorite fudge from there.

Blueberry Cheesecake? Never heard of that flavor for fudge ...Sounds amazing though.

^ My fave flavor as well!

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

When they don't have that flavor, I go with cookies and cream. They also had a cotton candy flavored fudge that I enjoyed.

Gee, you folks and your comments. I think we will have to be sure to check it out this summer.

So, if I do the 5K and the mile in June, how much fudge would that balance out to? May need to do the calorie/math for this. LoL

Eh who cares! Get it anyways!

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Sweet Spot really is just that! A Sweet Spot! It's clean, very modern looking and priced decently on most items. I usually stop and bring home treats on the way out.

Yep, that's what I do. Just grab some fudge on the way out and take it home. Usually a half pound of it lasts me a few days before I can eat it all.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

At Kings Island, they have a fudge in their sweet spot shop called whatsinthefudge. It tasted really good. Really sweet and it's a different taste every time they make a new batch. Cedar Point should bring something like this in their sweet spot.

I LOVE the butterfinger fudge!

I have to say I like the one at Kings Island better. They have samples available to all of their fudges where Cedar Point's only lets you sample a select few. And the one at KI has alot more items in the store and more variety to choose from. I like that they sell cookies in their shop. I wish they did at CP.

Brian

Only set foot inside once. Too overpriced.............nuff said.

Do the candy prices go up each year?

It's handmade candy, in an amusement park. And it's quite good. By those measures, I don't find it overpriced at all.

Brandon

The fudge is amazing! It's over priced, but it's worth it for a once a year treat. I always get 3 flavors and take them back home. I would never spend that much on the apples coated in candy though. I could make those at home for next to nothing.

The fudge was $7.99 a piece buy 2 get 1 free. Plus we got the Platinum Pass discount. Not bad for amusement park pricing.

I think the fudge is a pretty good deal, not over priced at all. As far as the candy apples, there are a lot of things I can make at home if I want to go through the trouble of buying ingredients, putting in time and effort to make the recipe and then clean up the kitchen and cookware used in the process. I prefer not to and happily pay more for something that I can eat that someone else has made for me.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Miss_Maverick07 said:

Only set foot inside once. Too overpriced.............nuff said.

Do the candy prices go up each year?

I completely agree, WAY overpriced. when they first opened I could get 2 or 3 decent sized peanut clusters for a moderate cost. Then they changed it to one slightly larger single cluster for the same price or higher, I can't recall. I'll very rarely still get one but that's it. The rest is (sometimes insultingly) overpriced. Yes, I'm sure I'll get the typical "Don't buy it then" response, but no need because in general I don't. Did I see a chocolate covered Twinkie was $5? I don't think I could ever have that much disposable cash.

I'm one of the worst cheapskates you'll ever come across and I don't find SS overpriced at all. A local restaurant near me makes fudge in their bakery and the price is just about the same, actually it's cheaper at SS when you factor in the Platinum discount. I find the prices comparable to what you would spend for similar items elsewhere.

Brian

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service