Melt bar and grill open

Just a heads up Melt bar and grill is open tonight, was very busy, and looks nice. Unfortunately, they were not accepting the all season dining plan.

The do accept the tattoo discount.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Maybe tomorrow won't be so busy, since it's mothers day tomorrow. Also the park is open till 8:00pm tomorrow evening.

Wait was 60-90 minutes at 6pm Saturday. We'll try another time.

Obviously short staffed as the patio was closed and the dining room was 25%-50% empty.

Hopefully they ramp up quick.

Jason Hammond said:

We went in yesterday to look at the menu and ask about that and we were told they do NOT accept the tattoo discount. It seems that some clarification is needed because not all their staff is on the same page with that.

The menu looked decent, closer to their regular menu than I thought it would be, lots of options.

I believe CPRundown posted a pic of the menu. Shockingly the prices are very similar to prices at all other Melt locations. Not ridiculously overpriced as one would think being inside a park. Will probably check it out a few times throughout the season.

We ate at Melt yesterday around 2pm. There was about a twenty minute wait but we were in no hurry so we hung out. My daughter got the Kindergartener, and I got a half of the Hot Italian. When the waiter brought the bill, our drinks weren't on it. I asked him about it, and he said he took them off because we waited so long for our food (I hadn't noticed, we were talking and checking our phones and not in a hurry, but maybe people who only go once or twice a year are less patient. If I'd been in a hurry I wouldn't have gone to a sit-down for lunch.)

So we got out of there for $17-something plus tip. Even if we'd bought drinks it wouldn't have been much more. I was actually really happy with the pricing (and the food was yummy.) There were enough fries we didn't finish that I could easily see splitting a whole with someone.

I ate there yesterday evening and I was very impressed. The prices were just about the same as any regular location. I got the Lake Erie Monster half sandwich and it was great! The park hit the jackpot with this one. I'll probably go in there a few times this season. And another plus is that they do have a platinum pass discount of 10%. So it might actually be cheaper to go there than a regular location. We didn't wait too long for food. My gripes were that they were out of many things. I wanted the mac and cheese sandwich but they were out. And a section of the dining room was closed. Hopefully they can get these kinks worked out soon. But I have no complaints about the food or the pricing. This is the top option in the park for me.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Marcie916 said:

Jason Hammond said:

It seems that some clarification is needed because not all their staff is on the same page with that.

Next time you are there, show them Tony's Tweet that Melt replied to.

https://twitter.com/MeltBarGrilled/status/860106860212432898

Oh man, I didn't realize I could use the platinum pass discount, I would have gotten out even cheaper!

And what about the bar? Is it seating for food orders? Or just drinks? And is it first-come like most places or does the wait time go for it too?

Every other Melt I have been to, you were able to take any available bar seat and order food. That's what I usually do.

Right. But what about this one? I was just wondering if there might be a difference.
I'll be there tomorrow, I may just have to muscle in. And maybe it will be less busy, and maybe a few more waitpersons will have shown up to work by then.

What is the Melt Tattoo Family Discount?

ROUNDABOUND.

If you get the melt logo tattooed on your a** you get a 25% discount for life.

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

WolfBobs said:

I believe CPRundown posted a pic of the menu. Shockingly the prices are very similar to prices at all other Melt locations. Not ridiculously overpriced as one would think being inside a park. Will probably check it out a few times throughout the season.

The prices are about 20% higher than their other locations. This matches the pricing increase at Fridays and Perkins inside Breakers as well.

20 minute table wait yesterday afternoon at Melt. Almost 15 more minutes sitting at a table with no service. The supervisor, bar staff, and kitchen staff seemed to be arguing at length. Walked out, went to Famous Dave's, had great service and the food was excellent.

Melt Decor: A. Service: F. Food: I (Incomplete)

Just say no to trims

I'm not familiar with the Melt experience. That said, how does one prove that they qualify for the Melt Tattoo discount?

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

Show your a**, I guess.

Chief Wahoo said:

I'm not familiar with the Melt experience. That said, how does one prove that they qualify for the Melt Tattoo discount?

You have to have a Melt tattoo, I believe of their logo.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service