2017 Applications

If anyone here is interested in applying to work at the park in 2017, the applications are now up! I can honestly say working there has been one of the best decisions of my life. Applications can be found here. Feel free to PM me with any questions!

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

I am going to try to stop a lot of "Why is nobody looking at my application? " posts right now. If you apply now, do NOT expect to see any response until February-March.

3 Years of Fun!
Professional button presser.
Wearer of lime green and blue.

I just set up my phone interview for Thursday with Katy in rides, this will hopefully be my first year working at the park. Any advice?

Katy is great to work with. For your interview, just be yourself. Most of the questions aren't bad and are related to safety and guest service. Just answer them honestly and professionally. It helps them a bit too if you know off hand exactly what your availability is. Good luck to you tomorrow. Feel free to dm me if you have any questions.

3 Years of Fun!

Good luck tomorrow! Don't be nervous about it, just be yourself and answer the questions honestly. As GDUBS hinted at above, the phone interviews are very laid back. You can also feel free to message me with any questions you have

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

Karly Kutschbach said:

I just set up my phone interview for Thursday with Katy in rides, this will hopefully be my first year working at the park. Any advice?

How did it go? Fill me in.

I got the job! I am officially on the Sky Ride crew for 2017! I am super excited!

Congrats! I have a interview coming up with her in the next few days as well

Good Luck! If you get hired maybe we will be on the same crew! Let me know how it goes!

Just a quick question, would you guys say it's a good idea to work at Cedar Point over the summer if we're entering college in mid-August? Like is it worthwhile in terms of the amount of money you make along with the friends you make? I just heard some pretty bad stories about the dorms summer employees stay in which is why I'm kind of on the edge of applying for a summer job there.

Honestly Cedar Point is what you make of it. I am in the club of loving my job. You will easily earn a few grand and I have made so many lifelong friends (including samosuband).

Most people do exactly that Steve-O. Just let them know when you apply that you are starting school.

The dorms are poor quality but you will barely spend any time there. They really aren't bad if you can try to get good roommates beforehand. Check out some of the roommate finder Facebook pages to try to meet people you like.

3 Years of Fun!

I lived in the Commons apartments summer of 2015, and it was not great but better than the dorms. Now, I was employed by Live Entertainment (theater tech), so I was in an apartment with all Live E people.

I loved my summer there. I just moved on to major-related internships the following year.

Steve-O said:

Just a quick question, would you guys say it's a good idea to work at Cedar Point over the summer if we're entering college in mid-August? Like is it worthwhile in terms of the amount of money you make along with the friends you make? I just heard some pretty bad stories about the dorms summer employees stay in which is why I'm kind of on the edge of applying for a summer job there.

I go to college and will be leaving mid August myself. I plan to work weekends after that, but I would say it's worth it.

It's definitely worth working the summer if you're going to school in the fall. Managers are very flexible with your end times in regards to that.

As GDUBS said, the dorms are what you make of them. For the past two summers, I've lived in the Cedars dorms, the red building next to Valravn. Sure, it is 110 years old, but you're hardly there enough for it to matter. Finding a roommate before you move in will also definitely make things better.

^you can choose roomates?

Burritos, Inspiration Point, Fork Balloon Sports, Cards in the Spokes, Automatic Biographies, Kites, Kung Fu, Trophies, Banana Peels We've Slipped On and Egg Shells We've Tippy Toed Over

It is a very rough system. The first person who arrives can hold a bed for up to 10 days, provided there is room. When the second person arrives, just tell the person at check in that someone is holding a place for you. I have had mixed results with random roommates. My first year I had two great random roommates. Last year the randoms I got were awful. I have no complaints about the person whom I actually requested and shared a room with though. If there is a serious issue with roommates, you can request to be moved to a different room.

3 Years of Fun!

GDUBS said:

It is a very rough system. The first person who arrives can hold a bed for up to 10 days, provided there is room. When the second person arrives, just tell the person at check in that someone is holding a place for you. I have had mixed results with random roommates. My first year I had two great random roommates. Last year the randoms I got were awful. I have no complaints about the person whom I actually requested and shared a room with though. If there is a serious issue with roommates, you can request to be moved to a different room.

From the email I got with my job offer it seems like there is a new system in place for roommates this year and a portal you go through to find and request roommates.

That program was in place last year, and majorly failed. From my understanding, it's only use this year is to get you registered for housing. I was told if you have roommates you want to live with, either process in at the same time, or be prepared to move when the last person arrives.

Last year when I went to process in, I had two roommates picked out, and it was totally disregarded when I actually checked into housing. I ended up with the people I chose after moving to a different building, which was the plan all along.

Last edited by samosuband,

Karly Kutschbach said:

From the email I got with my job offer it seems like there is a new system in place for roommates this year and a portal you go through to find and request roommates.

As both GDUBS and samosuband said, the system is very broken and was in place last year as well. I had my three roommates picked out and had a bed reserved for me, but when I arrived, was placed with randoms, and ended up going through 3 different rooms in a span of my first two weeks at the park. It was only then, that I was with people I had requested to be with and in a room I felt comfortable in.

2016- Location Supervisor of Giant Wheel Triangle
2015-Cadillac Cars/Cedar Downs crew
2014-Turnpike Cars/Calypso crew

That is so annoying! like why have a roommate system if it doesn't even work? I've found a couple girls I want paired with and it would be nice to actually be able to pick them.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service