2017 Applications

You'll still be able to do that, just not right away most likely. If you process in on the same day, you'll have no problem. If you don't process in on the same day, what you'll have to do is go wherever, then all of you move when the last person processes in.

That's essentially what my friends and I are doing, except we're also waiting until Cedars opens, as it doesn't open until usually mid-May

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

I accepted a roommate already on that portal thing soooo we will see. lol I haven't picked where I want to live yet except I don't think I want to do the apartments, where do you guys think is a good place?!

Personally I'm a fan of Cedars (the dorm building in the park). I lived there the past two seasons. Nothing beats being able to roll out of bed and walk to work in under 5 minutes. Cedars doesn't have air conditioning, but you can bring your own window unit.

1600s are the newest, and in my opinion, nicest dorms in Commons. They have the nicest bathrooms out of all the dorms.

I lived in an apartment during weekends this year, and we only had 6 of us in the unit so it wasn't bad. However, they had enough beds for 15 people, so I can't imagine it would be pleasant during the peak season. Also, the apartments only have air conditioning in the common areas. Some people can live without A/C but for me, after working a long shift in the heat, the last thing I want to come home to is a hot room.

2016- Location Supervisor of Giant Wheel Triangle
2015-Cadillac Cars/Cedar Downs crew
2014-Turnpike Cars/Calypso crew

I've also lived in Cedars the past two seasons, and I'm partial to it. You have less roommates than Commons, and the convenience of being able to walk to work without driving or riding the bus is huge. The downside of Cedars is that it doesn't open until mid-May and closes at the end of August or beginning of September.

I've also lived in 1400's (males only) and 1500's (coed) before/after Cedars opened. I have no huge complaints there, but I personally would not want to live there all season.

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

I was leaning towards cedars but was really leaning away when I saw the lack of A/c but if I can bring a window unit I think that might be where I pick! I'd rather only have 1 roommate than 2 or 3 not to mention it being in the park. The apartments just didn't appeal to me.That's a bummer they don't open until mid-May though I process in May 5th. :/

I just don't want to live in Cedars cause it's only going to take that one person leaning on it in a particular spot for it to fall over onto Perimeter Road ;) I'm still surprised that building is standing haha

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

I ended up applying for rides because my hope is I get really lucky and am able to operate one of the bigger rides. I know rides may also mean just being a part of the crew, like checking seat belts on Maverick or even a kiddie ride or whatever, but is it really hard to get hired for rides?

I wouldn't exactly say it's hard to get hired into rides, just look at the advice given earlier in this thread.

Within rides, you've actually got a lot of responsibilities. You could be placed at any ride within the park, depending on the manager who contacts you. At that ride, you're responsible for a lot. From cleaning the ride area (restricted areas, platform, queues, ride units, guest illness, etc) to actually operating the ride (checking seat belts, lapbars/ restraints, spieling, rider screening at entrance, operating the control panel etc). At the kids areas and smaller flats, you'll generally be doing that by yourself, while at a larger ride you'll only be doing one of those at a given time.

I ended up getting an email today asking to set up an interview, but didn't know whether they meant in person or on the phone, but after reading through this, it seems like they do phone interviews which is convenient. The person that contacted me was Debra. Are we able to state any rides we prefer to work with on this phone interview? I'm just waiting for an email back to confirm whether they want an in person interview or phone interview so I'm just trying to prepare for any questions they may ask.

Debra is the Area 3 manager in ride operations. Those rides consist of Gemini, Camp Snoopy, Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Skyhawk, Slingshot, Maverick, Snake River Falls, Thunder Canyon, Professor Delberts frontier fling, Antique Cars/Wave Swinger, (and typically mean streak). Feel free to voice your opinion, however, keep in mind that all areas need staffed. There of course is opportunity for everybody to cross train at other locations. For example: if Debra places you at Antique Cars/ Wave Swinger and you have a strong interest in working at Maverick, you will have that opportunity to throughout the summer. Just because you're contracted ride is one place does not mean you won't move to other locations.

^Yes, you can always cross train at another ride in your area, just let your area supervisor or manager know. Another thing to remember is that it's the crew that makes your summer, not the ride. You'll be spending all day with these people, so in the right company, it doesn't matter what you're doing because the people will make it fun.

For me Gemini wasn't my first choice, but I ended up absolutely loving it! In terms of housing I adore living in Cedars. Yes it is hot, but the community that lives there is unmatchable. Plus during July when there are basically only 11pm and 12am closings, living on point really is convenient. I would NEVER recommend the apartments. I stayed in one for a weekend during Halloweekends and hated it. Since they're not cleaned by CP staff they become disgusting very quickly and are very run down. After that weekend I moved to Commons 1600s and enjoyed it! While I wished that Cedars was still open due to the amazing location, the 1600s were very nice, kept up with and clean.

-The Ohio State University-
2016 - Gemini
2017 - Gemini Team Leader
2018 - Frontier Fling Location Supervisor

Good luck! I'll say Sky Ride wasn't my first choice but everyone I have met from my crew so far seems awesome! so I am excited for it. I'm still back and forth on where I want to live, I have been talking with a couple potential roommates so we will see haha

Karly Kutschbach said:
Good luck! I'll say Sky Ride wasn't my first choice but everyone I have met from my crew so far seems awesome! so I am excited for it. I'm still back and forth on where I want to live, I have been talking with a couple potential roommates so we will see haha

Skyride isn't anybody's first choice, but man it is truly an amazing ride to work.

I got the job for ride operations for Magnum :) Anyone else have Magnum as their ride?

I had Magnum my first year. It is one of my favorite rides to work. You will have so much fun!

3 Years of Fun!
Professional button presser.
Wearer of lime green and blue.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service