Is the Cedar Point Logo Changing?

I find it interesting they're using an old picture of the marina with Mantis in the background.. I mean if you're going to have a new site at least have up to date pictures.

And the award for most observant/ nitpicking web surfer goes to ^

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

CP Maverick said:

The website feels like it was designed for tablet/phone use from the beginning. It's a bit awkward to use on my laptop.

Probably because mobile is (or will be before long) where most of the traffic comes from.

Brandon

Yes, mobile users account for a huge percentage of website traffic. And the old site, wasn't mobile friendly at all. That can hurt your website traffic greatly.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

It's nice.... but it's so uninspiring. Just doesn't scream "COME HERE!!""

Bring back the old animated skyline.

Cedar Point Lifer
Employee 2006-2009

XS NightClub said:

And the award for most observant/ nitpicking web surfer goes to ^

Its pretty obvious actually. Stood out like a sore thumb. It does look like they changed the pictures in the main slideshow though, so its no longer there ;-)

Just give them a couple days. I'm sure they are still getting some kinks worked out.

Brian

CP_Obsessed_Freak1987 said:
It's nice.... but it's so uninspiring. Just doesn't scream "COME HERE!!"

But does it scream "GET OVER HERE!!" ? Bonus points to anyone who gets the reference....

Bring back the old animated skyline.

Haha that was awesome. I'd love to see an update version of it. Or even better, an animated progression of the skyline over the years. That would be fun!

ROUNDABOUND.

Scorpion from Mortal Kombat?

Brian

Haha that was awesome. I'd love to see an update version of it. Or even better, an animated progression of the skyline over the years. That would be fun!

Not sure if the one who did that animation has the time anymore...

I miss the green curvy logo already. I hope this doesn't mean they're going to change the logo across the whole park. I want to see the green logo on the causeway when I'm driving in. I agree with what others said. It's too bland. I could design that myself in Photoshop.

CPGuru said:
I hate it! I can't stand the e and d connecting and the p and o connecting when nothing else is. There's no uniformity.

Agreed. I don't see why they need to connect like that; the new logo would look better if each of the letters were separate.

That said, this new logo borders on bland.

Last edited by noggin,

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

I do think the logo looks bland, but as was pointed out at the beginning of this topic, simpler logos seem to be the new trend.

Brian

One of the things I liked about the previous, 'curvy' logo was that it seemed to be a tip of the hat to a classic logo from the 70s. I'd attach an example, but damned if I can figure out how to upload to Imgur from an iPad.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Maybe the idea is to move on from the 70s since us born in or who's childhood was in the 70s are now in late 40s to early 60s - hardly the parks key demographic or growth market.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

Guests in their 40s to 60s is a key market. Think kids and grand-kids. Guests who were brought in their youth are more likely to attend as adults and bring their kids. The cycle must stay alive for long term success.

While there are some, there are not many 45-65 year olds with children under 18. There are grandkids that people in that age, however there's Disney for that. As is aruged here quite often, CP doesn't cater well to young children or families with them.

They are getting better in recent years in my opinion though.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

I'm not sure the logo changing will impact the younger audience any more than the old. My first visit was when TTD arrived in '03. The ride and looking at the other rides on the website is what made me beg my Momma to take me.

Personally I don't like the logo at all. Will it stop people from visiting? Absolutely not. Will it stop a 12 year old kid from falling in love with the park as I did? Nope.

Here's a fair compromise, don't mess with the classic sign as you turn onto the causeway :)

XS NightClub said:

While there are some, there are not many 45-65 year olds with children under 18. There are grandkids that people in that age, however there's Disney for that. As is aruged here quite often, CP doesn't cater well to young children or families with them.

They are getting better in recent years in my opinion though.

Not every grandparent can afford to take their grandkids to Disney. My mother couldn't. But she could afford to take her grandchildren and great-grandchildren to Cedar Point every year. And, at 80 years of age was riding all the coasters with them.

Last edited by Bluestreaker,

Well, I know a lady who always gave her kids a choice of Disney or CP and her kids picked CP consistently for an amusement park vacation. Disney is great, etc. but like many say here, it is a different kind of park. I'm sure that lady was not alone, it just depends on personal preference on what you like more. When I'm 90, you will still see me riding coasters when I'm not at the bar. :)

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service