Cedar Point Locker Procedure

When they start making women's pants with pockets big enough to hold my phone safely while on a ride, I'll stop bringing a bag.

Until then, I'll pay for lockers or use bins. The one time I rode MF with my phone in my pocket I was terrified the entire time it was going to fall out because women's pockets are stupid.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy a pair of men's pants?

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

If I were shaped like a man, sure. Since I'm not, no, it isn't.

I thought gender was subjective....

oops wrong topic.

The pockets on women's clothing is so bad I have jeans and khakis right now that I have trouble fitting my phone in the pocket well enough to not worry about it falling out at work and my phone isn't very big at all. I think I'm going to have to do a custom job on a bunch of my pockets to make them deeper like my grandma used to do on Grandpa's jeans just for work. I gave up on women's clothing for coaster riding. I look like a slob at the park in my men's cargo shorts but I don't go there to look pretty anyway I guess.

I mostly lurk here but as a female, I can't say enough about how awesome these pants are. They hold my phone, key, pass and credit cards, and feminine supplies when those are needed. I hate carrying a bag and never have to with these. The only trouble is that I have larger thighs so I have to shift the leg pocket a little bit to make rides like blue streak more comfortable.

http://www.eddiebauer.com/product/women--39-s-horizon-roll-up-pants...&color=573

Remove the storage and EVENTUALLY maybe people won't bring all their worldly belongings with them! You can't fix stupid, but, you can make it real inconvenient for them.

On the one hand, I'm with you. When I go to a park, I carry: ID, debit card, cash, car keys. If I'm traveling solo and not going to an enthusiast event, I'll slip an Agatha Christie paperback into a pocket.

On the other hand, I appreciate that some people don't have the luxury to travel so lightly. They may need to carry medicine, a member of the party may not like to ride rides and wants to have a book or an iPad at hand, someone in the party may have special dietary needs. They need to carry a lot of stuff with them.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

I think we just need to remember that the average guest is not like us. They don't streamline a personal system over 25 visits in a season. They go once or twice. They don't own special clothing just for riding coasters. I don't use the bins but they serve a purpose and I don't mind them being there.

Dara said:

The only trouble is that I have larger thighs so I have to shift the leg pocket a little bit to make rides like blue streak more comfortable.

Different subject and circumstances, but this is EXACTLY how I lost my car keys at Dorney Park earlier this summer. Cargo shorts with velcro pockets + key ring with only two keys on it. The seat on Hydra + the orientation of my key ring resulted in the key digging into my thigh; so I adjusted it with my left hand while strapped in before we departed the station. I apparently loosened the velcro in the process and out dropped the car keys on the slow barrel roll before the lift hill!

Ironically - I was wearing the same pair of cargo shorts to a visit to the chiropractor yesterday morning (which was just a routine adjustment already scheduled prior to and not the result of my ride last Friday on Mean Streak!) While he was tilting his drop table down with me on it, I lost the same key ring out of the same shorts -- this time they fell out of a regular unsecured hip pocket.

I guess that was a sign that my keys simply are not safe in these shorts!

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

Oh, the Eddie Bauer pants I wear are all zipper pockets. I still triple check though!

I used to slip my keys into my wallet to make it harder for them to slip out. Now that it's one fat key and a key fob it doesn't fit so I put it and my tiny park wallet/money pouch (once again, average guests do not own a separate wallet specifically for riding coasters) into a small zippered pouch which with is not slippery and harder to get out of the pocket.

JohnMosesBrowning said:

You can't fix stupid...

Wow. You are awful.

Brandon

You can use a safety pin to pin your car key to the inside lining of your pocket.

It won't be going anywhere.

You can also hook the key ring around a belt loop.

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

For many years, we have visited the park early in the season in May, then again for CM, then several of the HW weekends.

I'm always amused by how the policies are relaxed or not enforced by the time HW rolls around.

This weekend I witnessed girls bringing small purses onto TTD and setting them on the floor, and wearing giant sunglasses with no strap. Same for some other rides. Early in the season you get scolded for that kind of thing.

Then, when next spring rolls around, we start the whole process over again with new seasonal employees.

The funniest part is almost every time we've checked into the campground in May, they ask me how many room keys I need!

You know, I've noticed that even in the spring, the whole "athletic strap" thing hasn't really been fully enforced, at least in my experience; my sunglasses' athletic strap is more or less invisible underneath my long hair, and the only ride where I've been asked to show the strap is Power Tower. Cedar Point is supposed to require athletic straps on GateKeeper, Maverick, MaXair, Skyhawk, Top Thrill Dragster, Valravn, and Wicked Twister as well, but I've never been asked about my sunglasses' athletic strap on any of these other rides this entire season on my weekly visits. Maybe it's the fact that falling glasses from Power Tower would probably land on the midway below, but if that's the case, then why don't MaXair and Skyhawk check for athletic straps? They also go over the midway as well. I wonder why there's such a variance in the enforcement of this rule. Maybe a strap is only truly necessary on Power Tower? If anything, I would think a strap would be necessary on Raptor, as that's probably the ride where you're most likely to lose your glasses, yet it's not on the list whatsoever. Strange.

I've been asked to show my strap on Skyhawk in previous seasons. I don't have long hair, so I don't think much of it when they don't because I figure they can see it. However, last Friday, the guy beside me almost lost his sunglasses (it was a pretty amazing catch) and I realized that they simply weren't looking.

It is kind of a sad cycle. Over time, employees stop enforcing securing loose article rules because they do not want to deal with guests arguing with them. Supervisors stop making sure employees are enforcing the loose article policies because it is easier not to. This goes on a couple of years, then someone gets a serious injury due to being hit by a flying object. Suddenly policies are enforced strictly, then the cycle repeats...

I wear eyeglasses which are pretty snug to my face. For the most part, I have never had any issue with them falling off on any rides and never have worn a strap with them. My first ever ride on GateKeeper was the closest I'd even come to losing them and ended up riding the ride with one hand across the bridge of my nose. Every Gate Keeper ride since then, I remove them and put them into a pocket. But MF, Raptor, Maverick, TTD... never any problem and I have only one time had a ride op ask me to remove them (I cannot remember now which ride it was).

Sometimes I do remove them if I am overly sweaty in my face. I guess I am taking an unnecessary risk, but that one ride on GateKeeper was the only time they remotely felt like they might come off. I DID try an eyeglass strap once, but it was so uncomfortable for me otherwise that I never wore it again. But this thread has got me thinking that even though I have been lucky so far, I might want to revisit that.

I also wear a pair of sunglasses made to be worn overtop of eyeglasses. Those I take off and pocket on every coaster including Iron Dragon and Mine Ride.

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service