New For 2017: Cedar Point Shores Water Park

Ripcord is getting moved to the parking lot. You'll get to fly over cars and try to dodge the seagulls.

Coasterkyle said:
Is it a waste of space for the park or just because you think it's a waste of space? I think the planing design people and all the other people involed in what goes where know whats best for the park.

But planning and design people didn't say the ride was being relocated in the park, it was only speculation by people here, so what point are you trying to make?

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

XS NightClub said:
With the placement of gated CP Shores Preffered Parking lot the number of non CP Shores guests (main gate entrance users that formerly utilized the soak city lot as free preferred parking before soak city opened) will be reduced from the gate serving as the Resort Entrance.

Why? The CPS standard parking lot won't be any further from the park than the SC lot is now. It'll actually probably be a shorter walk, since it looks like a slightly more direct path.

I'm in agreement about the tunnel going away, but that gate is going to be just as busy as always in 2017 (maybe more, since the project could increase awareness of the entrance), and considerably busier once Breakers expands by 30% in 2018.

Brandon

It's simple, CPS doesn't open until at least 2 hours after Early Entry (when there is the longest line for the RESORT GATE), there is no reason to have either CPS Preffered or CPS Standard lot open until sometime right before CPS opens.

This would reduce the number of guests trying to utilize the Resort Gate that aren't hotel guests at early entry, which would be the time of the most congestion at the new tunnel-less gate.

I know people on here that utilize SC lot now as free Preffered parking won't want this, but they were already doing parking control in July at the SC lot from overflowing into hotel lots.
With the CPS upgrade attracting more guests, along with Preffered parking, and hotel expansion it is logical for them to control the parking to be utilized for where it is intended.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I'd love to know how you will enforce that.

Well, exactly.

How do we arrive at the notion that the SC parking lot will be restricted once CPS arrives, anyway? Unless I missed something, it should be the same access as before with the addition of a revenue-increasing preferred parking lot. That's all.

They can't possibly examine everyone's motives for parking back there to guarantee its use by CPS patrons only. Maybe I split the day between both parks and if I do I sure don't want to haul my crap from the front gate.
As for preferred parking, I still say if I purchase it at the causeway I'll be able to use either reserved parking lot. Just because the plans say CPS preferred parking, doesn't mean I can't park there and march right into CP. It was always the "Soak City Lot". It's just a name. And once it goes full, it's full.

I get monitoring parking to prevent people from using hotel lots, but that's a courtesy to resort guests and an absolute necessity. CP/SC-only patrons have never been allowed to park there anyway.
I say nothing is changing except the parking configuration and I don't know where all this worry and speculation (as per usual) is coming from.

Hotel guests currently get parking passes for their dashboards. Marina dock holders get passes as well.

Nobody without one of those passes needs to go past the main parking where blue streak is unless they have those passes until CPS lot opens for the day maybe a half hour before CPS opens for the day.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Nonsense.

So, you're saying that I can't park in the CPS lot and do early entry to the park via the resort gate, then come to my car to get lunch and a change of clothes before going into CPS? You will force me to park in the front parking lot, then drive my car to the back after that lot opens?

Also, as a pass holder and frequent LHP patron, you are going to somehow verify that I am not going to the resorts and have just arrived early? I haven't used a resort pass/sticker/etc ever since I became a passholder 15 years ago.

I really don't get how you can enforce something like this.

All this talk is rubbish, I don't see anything changing with the exception of needing a preferred parking purchase to get into the new preferred parking lot.

Last edited by Pete,

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

You would only need Preferred Parking to get into the lot being built where Ripcord is currently. The rest of the lot (968 spaces) are for general parking.

Has anyone renewed their pass yet and had an issue? I didn't receive a scannable barcode for the Fast Lane Plus for this current season, or for the all season bottle next year.

Unless scanning the pass shows all of this information....

Last edited by Corkscrew Headache,
4 summers of employment in ride operations does stuff to you.

• If you renew at the park, you will receive a voucher to redeem your Fast Lane Plus wristband; if you renew online, you'll present your Season Pass card at any Fast Lane sales location to receive your Fast Lane Plus wristband.
  • Receive one free Bring-a-Friend ticket, valid any one Sunday in the fall. Must redeem at admission windows once Season Pass is presented.

I must have missed that. Thank you.

4 summers of employment in ride operations does stuff to you.

No problem, I was just renewing ours and noticed the difference in policy depending upon whether it is an in park or online renewal.

Last edited by JUnderhill,

I guess if I'm asked at the toll booth, the answer will be "Yes, I'm going to CP Shores" every single time.

As has been mentioned already why on earth would I park up front for early entry then move my car to SC when we decide to switch parks? Should I have to move my car again when SC closes? That doesn't sound very best day ever to me and I don't see it happening.

XS NightClub said:

Hotel guests currently get parking passes for their dashboards. Marina dock holders get passes as well.

Nobody without one of those passes needs to go past the main parking where blue streak is unless they have those passes until CPS lot opens for the day maybe a half hour before CPS opens for the day.

Those resort guests that haven't checked in yet wouldn't have a parking pass though. Should they be forced to park up front and wait if they arrive earlier than 11AM to check in at the front desk? The park uses the SC lot as the parking for guests eating at TGIFriday's too, should they make them park up front? The food is bad enough, don't make them take a shuttle to get there. The amount of effort that would be needed to enforce closing the entire lot would be ridiculous just to mitigate the handful of guests who you think use that lot for "free preferred parking".

-Tyler A-

When we checked in at Breakers the guard asked for our last name and checked a list prior to letting us into the lot. Once we checked in they gave us the pass for the vehicle and then we were able to simply be waived through the gate after that.

I have never once been stopped anywhere, nor asked about parking in the formerly called SC lot. I see no reason for the park to go through the hassle of limiting the access to that lot nor do I see anyway they could do so in a logical manner. The hotel lots need to be reserved and have restricted access for hotel guests only. However, the SC lot is a general parking lot and I can't see that changing.

JUnderhill said:

• If you renew at the park, you will receive a voucher to redeem your Fast Lane Plus wristband; if you renew online, you'll present your Season Pass card at any Fast Lane sales location to receive your Fast Lane Plus wristband.
  • Receive one free Bring-a-Friend ticket, valid any one Sunday in the fall. Must redeem at admission windows once Season Pass is presented.

What's this about a bring a friend ticket? Is this in addition to the FL+ bonus? Also is the FL+ valid any day in 2016, or are there restrictions (no Saturday's) like last year?

Last edited by Shane Denmark,

ROUNDABOUND.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service