What I Know as an Employee

Several have opened recently overseas but the last one built in the US was Manta, in 2009. I think there's a good chance that Cedar Point will get one in the future, but there's absolutely no way it will have a 250-foot pretzel loop. Today's tallest flying coaster (Tatsu) is only 170 feet tall, with a 124-foot pretzel loop, and that's forceful enough.

I would have to agree that they're rather uncomfortable, but there's nothing quite like the feeling of diving head-first towards the ground with nothing below you.

I've ridden tatsu at magic mountain and I didn't find it uncomfortable at all. It was a very unique experience that would fit well at cedar point.

Burritos, Inspiration Point, Fork Balloon Sports, Cards in the Spokes, Automatic Biographies, Kites, Kung Fu, Trophies, Banana Peels We've Slipped On and Egg Shells We've Tippy Toed Over

Go Intamin said:
Banshee doesn't have a pretzel loop. I believe it's actually called either a pretzel twist or a pretzel knot.

King's Island calls it a batwing. While it is not like the other batwings, it doesn't really matter what they call it. But I love that inversion on Banshee. The reason I don't like them on flyers is the position you are in. Your head gets painfully forced into the ground.

I would however have no problem if a flyer eventually came to the park. The Flying Dinosaur that open this year at Universal Japan looks incredible. While that coaster was insanely expensive, take away all the theming and it would cost the price of a larger B&M. Also I believe Kinzel said that he did not like flyers and would never install one at CP. I'm interested to know how current management feels about them.

Last edited by CoasterCam,

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

I personally like fliers. I've been on all of the B&M and Vekoma fliers in North America, and half of the Zamperla ones. The only ones I found uncomfortable were the zamperla ones. The pretzel loop is very forceful, and to me very fun. Obviously, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I respect that.

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

Rode my first flyer earlier this spring at Kings Island and loved it, so I'd really like to compare a Vekoma flyer to a B&M. I didnt have any problem with discomfort or pain on Firehawk and got a few re-rides in as well. One question though for those who've ridden a B&M flyer, when you were riding did the ankle restraints actually work on keep your legs restrained? My feet kept getting loose while on Firehawk, the restraints did a poor job of holding them in.

Restraints on B&M Flyers hold very well! The great thing is they don't strangle you at all, but you are also secured in there! Also, the loading process of B&M Flyers and Vekoma Flyers is totally different, and how you fly. But, no matter the company, they give a really cool experience, unlike ANY other coaster, especially the ones in the CP lineup! Would be an awesome and unique fit at CP near STR!

RMC Mean Streak: 215ft Tall, 75mph, 4 inversions. 2020)ALL BLACK B&M Flying Coaster on Millennium Island. 2023 or 2025) Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter like Takabisha

CP FLYIN said:

...Tony has already said 2020 (CP 150th Birthday) is a big year.

Maybe because 150 years is a long time, especially for an amusement park, and that in itself is something big?

*returning to my hiatus*

Last edited by samosuband,

Why the hiatus??

RMC Mean Streak: 215ft Tall, 75mph, 4 inversions. 2020)ALL BLACK B&M Flying Coaster on Millennium Island. 2023 or 2025) Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter like Takabisha

He's busy.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service