Mean Streak?

Tony tweeted this yesterday. Maybe this means MS will still be around next year?

https://twitter.com/TonyClarkCP/status/756186080722952192

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

It could also be a tease that it won't.

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

noggin said:

True, but...

Disaster Transport was a ride with multiple issues and low ridership, on land the park wanted to use for GateKeeper.

Wildcat was a ride with maintenance issues -- the park had to manufacture replacement parts (fun fact, also true of Fascination*) -- adjacent to land the park wanted to use for Valravn and to use for Luminosity.

Surely you're not suggesting that Mean Streak hasn't had extensive maintenance issues...

All the headaches - both figurative and literal - aside, wood coasters by their very nature have exceptionally high maintenance costs. It's far easier to justify those costs for The Legend (or insert the name of any decent-to-good woodie here), than it is for MS.

Brandon

That tweet from Tony actually further gives me reason to believe that it will be a vastly different ride starting next year.

Why not run the same contest on a ride that could be vastly superior and probably won't keep very much water in that cup? Seems like a great tease and marketing tool for CoasterMania 2017 to me.

I'm suggesting those other coasters had issues and were in the way of upcoming additions. The park needed the land WildCat and Disaster Transport were sitting on. As long as Mean Streak's plot of land isn't in the way of a future addition, I think it will continue to run.

And don't call me Shirley :-)

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

I wonder; how many guests has MS sent to the hospital?

It's like asbestos, its affects aren't felt for a while ;)

I'm just getting too old for wooden coasters. Blue and Mean Streak just bang me around too much. However, the Beast isn't as bad. I used to ride these things with no problem! Heck even Magnum in the correct seat with the bar up still hurts. Wish I was young again.

...CoasterMania! 2017... drroooooooool...

That looks like a fun contest. It would be even better if riders held the cup of water through the ride.

ROUNDABOUND.

I guess they figure that if you can hold the cup you can put your hand over the top, hence the 'no touching' rule. Holding the cup and saying no covering is pretty much going by the honor system- there's no way to monitor the contest (barring an employee riding to make sure everyone follows the rules- may well be the case but I don't know for sure) so you won't get caught unless someone decides to tattle. (There's always the old ride photo cams, but they don't cover the whole coaster.)

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

TTD 120mph said:

Well, it IS rough. Not the roughest out there.....but still rough and boring.

I must have a bad taste in wooden coasters because I love the layout of Mean Streak and The Beast, which is also considered by many to be boring.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

I love the Beast and don't find it boring in the least, but MS I find to be not boring but less than exciting. People say Iron Dragon meanders but Mean Streak is the real meanderer. I ride MS once every visit because it is there, but there is nothing about that dumb dead end that draws me in. If it were RMC'd then yeah I'd be there a lot more, but I still think the area needs to be updated with more to do there. The area just looks outdated and uninviting.

Last edited by CoasterCam,

2018- Raptor

Race Fuel

That was posted yesterday in the MS not closing in July thread.

2018- Raptor

"Rocky" mountain construction ... Good one!

Alot of ride crews do this.

See Magnum as a prime example with it's turnaround. Or Vortex at Kings Island this season. I doubt this is a marketing tactic and more like the ride crew showing off love for their ride.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Even though it is likely it is just Tony messing with us, the third webcam is facing Mean Streak now...

Last edited by screamingchicken77,

I'd say the most likely reason the camera is pointed that way is because it is an impressive view. Sometimes the webcams will be aimed a certain way without any meaning or any intent to "mess" with anyone.

I was hoping someone would say that. It gets a little irritating that every time a webcam changes direction, everyone thinks Tony is "messing" with us.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service