Raptor and TTD paint

I agree, enthusiasts love looking at vacant land and imagining/speculating what will go there. If that land will be used for a new attraction for next year, the Golden Ticket ceremony would be an EXCELLENT time to announce it.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

What is the date for the Golden Ticket ceremony?

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

The event takes place from September 9th to 11th

Last edited by Theme Park Press,

I'm sure that's when plans for 2017 will be announced. Valravn was scheduled to be announced around then last year..

I can't wait for Wicked Twister to get a new paint job. The supports are looking extremely faded this season. However, the ride is up and running compared to last year at this time, so that's what I'm happy about

All I say is that the SNAKE RIVER FALLS has to Paint that Rust.

SRF was just repainted a few years back. I believe the same year STR opened.

By "paint that rust", are you talking about how the flume looks on the drop? That's not rust, that's scum and I wish they would clean it. It should be a nice, green color.

Last edited by Pete,

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Wasn't SRF painted a rusty red color the year STR opened?

No, SRF used to have tan supports and the flume was sea foam green.

It's beautiful 😍

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

CPVet said:

Wasn't SRF painted a rusty red color the year STR opened?

Yes

Neat, that was before the magnetic trims and before any changes were made to the bottom of the drop/runout. I am still not certain what those were. Does anyone?

Why were trims added to SRF?

I don't think we know exactly why other than the obvious reason to slow down the descent of the ride. I believe they were added in 2007.

One of the boats jumped partially over the retaining wall a few years ago, but that was allegedly due to low water levels (and the trim was already in place at the time).

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

From the webcam it looks like TTD paint is complete. Obviously can't tell much from the webcam, but is there still much more to do?

To answer my question it looks as if TTD is completely done when I walked by today. Didn't ride but the whole ride looked nice and fresh.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service