Interesting Observation

I remember there were markings similar to that near the pavilion in the front of the park. Nothing happened, correct?

I did notice these too, especially near magnum (they were bright orange). I also saw some markings in the hotel parking lot that said something about "Robot 1" and 'Robot 2"

I did see the markings on the footers, I never believed anything would happen to mean streak, but now...

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

This is interesting. All one can do now is hope I guess. An RMC conversion seems like a fairly big investment for next year, especially with what seems to be going on at CP's sister park to the south. Don Helbig tweeted yesterday that he is planning a trip to Batavia.

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

CoasterGuy15 said:

I did notice these too, especially near magnum (they were bright orange). I also saw some markings in the hotel parking lot that said something about "Robot 1" and 'Robot 2"

Welcome to Alaska. Uh oh, space pirates.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

I laughed at the sign on the left:

Prawo_Jazdy said:

That could also make it lose its ACE Landmark designation like Blue Streak.

Blue Streak had ACE Coaster Classic status. Which requires it maintain certain aspects of it's original design. The split seats, high backs, individual seat belts and individual lap bars all negated that. That's why it lost it's Coaster Classic Status.

Magnum is an ACE Coaster Landmark. I'm unaware of ACE ever revoking a Landmark status. Changing a restraint wouldn't change it's historical significance (as defined by ACE).

Last edited by Jason Hammond,

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

I'm envisioning the meetings where these monumental decisions are discussed, vetted, and voted upon.

Try it.

Promoter of fog.

I'm having a hard time coming up with something more meaningless to me than an ACE designation in regards to roller coasters...

Perhaps the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval?

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

From a surveyor, the symbols in the picture above represent “Traverse point #15, (where they set up equipment to stake things out).”

So the code doesn't really mean anything, other than they're looking at the area...

Would it be possible to move RipCord into the infield area of Mean Streak I wonder? Assuming they keep the infield area after an RMC conversion.

As far as the Challenge Park area, I'm going to bet that we'll see a water coaster / hydroblaster type slide added to Soak City that will travel both above a new entrance to Soak City and a new resort entrance for Cedar Point. Cedar Fair seems to be on a kick of enhancing their park entrances and this is the last one at CP.

It's similar to the park "icon" approach that Disney has for each park, but in CF's case, it's a coaster above every entrance letting you know where you are and what you'll be doing.

Kevinj said:

I'm envisioning the meetings where these monumental decisions are discussed, vetted, and voted upon.

They're chosen by ACE's Executive Committee after extensive discussion. I don't have to try it, I've read the minutes of many EC meetings. Not very exciting :-)

Last edited by noggin,

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

CoasterGuy15 said:

Robot usually refers to the device that sits atop the tripod, shoots the laser, and takes all the measurements.

If any utilities are actually being changed, I would assume we'll see The Register dig up any permits the park gets.

Last edited by MichaelB,

Could the hotel lot markings have something to do with the new water tower?

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Why can't a water tower just be a water tower. They obviously have a need for one or they probably would have torn the old one out long ago. The old one has been there forever and probably needs replaced. They can't take the old one out until the new one is built, so logic dictates it must located somewhere else.

That is what I meant. To install a water tower, you have to know where the water mains are so you can connect it. I'm assuming that utility markings in the hotel lot close to the new water tower have something to do with the water tower.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Ahh

I noticed that the bushes between Soak City and Ripcord have been removed.

When i was there yesterday I noticed there was a device out front of the ride on a stand that looked like they were measuring the front of the ride.

I sure hope they RMC Mean Streak. It would open up the back of the park. It would make an ignored coaster an acclaimed coaster. It would round out the park's lineup. In short, it would be the most exciting announcement I've ever anticipated.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service