Valravn reviews

I have to agree with everything Jeff said, right on the nose. Valravn is a perfect addition and a stellar B&M coaster. Definitely the best Dive coaster in America with some wonderful surprises. Can't wait to ride some more!

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Does Valravn load from both sides, as Gatekeeper does, or straight on in for all seats, like Raptor? I know that's not a life changing question, just curious.

Chris

It loads like any conventional coaster, left to right.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

This ride sounds wonderful, I'm psyched to ride tomorrow!

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Anyone going to the First Rider Event tonight? We are attending and really looking forward to getting some laps in tonight. Reviews are sounding great for Valravn....

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

I am actually sitting at the McDonalds on the Causeway waiting to head down to the parking lot! I am beyond excited!

My husband surprised me with an opportunity to buy a ticket earlier this week!

I am by myself because he hates roller coasters, and my son had to work, but I love to make new friends! Come say hello to me! I am the one with the jacket with all the patches! :-)

Nancilee Jones

Just had my 2nd ride on VALRAVN and I'm very impressed. The hold before you drop is excellent and the view of the park from the top is amazing. The attention to detail all around the midway is something we haven't seen before. Great event tonight (raised over $73,000) and this is a great addition to the park.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

I was at the charity event last night and got to ride several times. The view from the top of the lift might be my favorite part of the ride. No only is the view great, but the amount of time you get to take it in is fantastic. Most of my rides were after dark with the whole park lit up.

I think I might actually prefer the back row. The first drop is absolutely insane in the back because of the airtime you get prior to being pulled over. The ride is very complete. It does not have any particular "moments" where it gets boring or uncomfortable.

The mid-course brake slows the train way down, something that on any other ride would probably be viewed as a bad thing. For Valravn it makes the pacing perfect and only serves to amplify the second drop.

They ran all 3 trains last night, and it was clear the crew was still getting used to running the ride. They miscounted several times when assigning rows, and there were lots of people who didn't fit in the restraints which led to frequent stacking.

The "big boy" seats have red seat belts, but I'm not sure how someone is supposed to easily get one without a costly time delay to switch seats. They were letting some people wait on the exit side to try a bigger seat, which only made the counting problem worse.

I also thought the numbering on the floor of the station was a bit confusing. They have the numbers listed for each row in 2 columns (1-4, 5-8), but there is only 1 gate for each row and you must enter single file to get into the train. So the 5-8 people have to wait for the first 4 to go in and then follow them. I'm sure things will get smoother with the crew, but there a few kinks to be worked out I think.

Overall, a fantastic addition to the park. The view, drop, and unique trains make it an experience unlike any other at Cedar Point...which is something quite challenging to do with so many other coasters.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Is the lift noticeably steep?

^ Nice to hear you say that about the back row. I'm probably most interested in sitting there.

Yes. The lift felt as steep as Millennium Force (45 degrees). I'm not sure if that stat was ever listed officially anywhere. It looks like GateKeeper is listed as a 40 degree incline, and Valravn felt steeper.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

I was lucky enough to get a back row, left most seat on my first ride and as others have said, the ride really delivers! I love the release on the first hill, it almost feels like Demon Drop but with forward motion instead of plunging elevator style. Pacing is perfect, there is not a boring part on the track and I love the inversion before the airtime hill. You float through the entire inversion, certainly a highlight of the ride.

The ride area and midway are beautiful, probably the most esthetically pleasing ride at Cedar Point. This certainly looks like the new management puts a lot of thought and money to make a complete package, not just a ride. The narrowing of the midway by Sky Ride is actually an improvement, the midway looks nicer than just the wide expanse of concrete it was previously.

CP has a winner with Valravn, great choice for the park.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

It's a definite winner! I got in three rides last night, middle right (2), last left (1) -- definitely like the last row better. I can't think of a single thing I didn't enjoy! I did get a little nervous once we got to the platform for ride 2 and they announced it was down for "mechanical reasons". Thankfully, that lasted around 5 minutes!!! A definite plus for the park!

Boy... The supports on both drops sure do sway a lot every time a train goes by.

Day 256: still waiting to see the queue "surprise" promised by Tony, I hope we will see it one of these years.

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

It was already confirmed that it's VR.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

You know, I missed that, and I'm in the queue now, so... Awkward...

Just uploaded "round 2" of photos... This time, from the First Rider Benefit. What a fantastic event for a wonderful cause. So happy to see so much money raised ($73K!) for the LeBron James Family Foundation. Again, the crew over at CP put on a world-class event. Red carpet, complimentary photos for everyone, fantastic food and of course, Valravn. Everyone had a blast!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/invertalon/sets/72157665654478774

Got to ride Valravn today! We started waiting in line (which was leaking all the way through the BS midway, under raptor, and into the main midway) however, it wasn't too long of a wait for how ridiculous the overflow was. We waited about 2-1/2 hours. We arrived at the park at 8:30 and this was our only ride, but well worth it. Front row on the right was fantastic! I forgot what it felt like to be scared on a roller coaster, but this ride sure did remind me of what it feels like! It was, in my opinion, the smoothest ride in the park. The theming was fantastic throughout the midway. Excellent job Cedar Point. This gets an A in my book.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

I got to ride Valravn yesterday. There was a full queue with the long going to about the station of Blue Streak, however, it was only an hour and a half. I got back middle, and the two drops are absolutely incredible with airtime there. The views are great on the top of the lift and on the MCBR. The Immelmann was pretty standard, and the first half was unspectacular. The second half, however, was incredible. The dive loop was taken very quickly, and the 270 degree roll was amazing with hang time. I was surprised at how good the airtime hill was, and it gave a good pop of airtime.

Go Intamin said:
Day 256: still waiting to see the queue "surprise" promised by Tony, I hope we will see it one of these years.

https://www.facebook.com/pointbuzz/videos/10154148195926796/

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service