Coaster Campout

They announced the new attractions, and neither is Rougarou

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

Coaster Campout was fantastic. We couldn't have asked for a better night. We were in zone 1 and it was so nice. My 5 year old didn't wake up at all at 2am. In fact most of the people in our zone with kids said their child slept through it. I thought the whole halloweekends teaser was great. I made sure to warn my daughter before the event that someone might try and scare us in the tent and that it's all just people being funny. They truly thought of everything that makes a Campout fun- the s'mores and a little bit of scary were a great touch. Cedar Point did an incredible job with the event and as always went above and beyond what was expected. We hope to get to do this again.

I'm guessing probably not, but does anyone know the song that was played during the halloweekends teaser? I want to hear it again.

Also wanted to give a huge thanks to the crews of the late/early ride time rides. The Skyhawk crew was really fun and allowed an extra ride without having to get back in line. One of them even asked how many people were on Pointbuzz and to shout out your username. The MF and GK crew dealt with the early morning rain, and the GK crew had some maintenance issues that they took care of and got us back on the ride quickly (although I know that is out of their control).

Last edited by Coco,

Dodgem Diva said:
Coaster Campout was fantastic. We couldn't have asked for a better night. We were in zone 1 and it was so nice. My 5 year old didn't wake up at all at 2am. In fact most of the people in our zone with kids said their child slept through it. I thought the whole halloweekends teaser was great. I made sure to warn my daughter before the event that someone might try and scare us in the tent and that it's all just people being funny. They truly thought of everything that makes a Campout fun- the s'mores and a little bit of scary were a great touch. Cedar Point did an incredible job with the event and as always went above and beyond what was expected. We hope to get to do this again.

Hey I think I camped next to you guys! Did you have to help two really stupid people put up a tent?

I was in zone 1 all the way in the back camped out in front of the exit of the train station. My family and I had an absolute blast. My older daughter and my self rode a bunch in the evening, hen stayed up till 130ish. For the amount of people they packed in and it being a first time I think it went well. Highlight of the trip was the camping and the 10 rides we got in on millennium force in 40 minutes in the morning( in a painful, painful rain).

Never really got windy but my plan on the cement worked. I took in 4 empty water jugs, filled them at the water fountain, then tied them off to the tent. I think if it did get windy at all it would have held the tent better then nothing.

As far as the 200 am wake up call I could have done with the music and not the screamsters. My 7 year old slept right through it but my older daughter was scared s***less. She shook like our dog for the next half hour. On my own I think I would have loved it but with my family it was a bit much. Thank god none of the screamsters came back towards our tent.

I do know that a rougaru has something to do with a werewolf but it seems neither attraction has it in the name. My first thought that night when I saw the spelling (ROU I think) was the name of a new ride. Return of ??????, or Revenge of ?????. When I asked one of the female staffers and the photographer that's always running around about it they said the pr department always has something in the works.

If we weren't all crazy we would go insane--Jimmy Buffett

samosuband said:
They announced the new attractions, and neither is Rougarou

If you were paying attention, they announced Rougarou...we just still have no idea what that is.

Promoter of fog.

I'm sorry, I didn't see that announced anywhere. I just thought people were assuming from the "Camp Rou" sign

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

I never said the announcement was a formal one. And yet...there is was.

Promoter of fog.

And if you listened closely, you could hear him howling "Mmmaaaaaaannnnnnttttttiiiiiiiisssssssssssss!" ;)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

^ Oh yeah, I heard that! ;)

It was an awesome event, I had a great time just like everyone else. Thanks again, Tony and team!

Campsites for Coaster Campout are now available.

Tickets are $200 per campsite, for up to 4 people.

9:00AM - 6:00PM

Check-in at Soak City / Resorts admission
gate (for credentials and tickets)

6:00PM - 7:30PM

Come and get it! Dinner served at Lakeside Pavilion

10:00 PM

Gear load-in at Resorts admission gate

10:30PM - 12:00AM

ERT on Maverick / s'mores at Round Up

12:00AM - 7:00AM

Sleepy time

7:00AM

Wake up! Gear load-out

7:30AM - 9:00 AM

Grab & go breakfast at Coasters Drive-In

8:00AM - 9:00AM

ERT on Millennium Force & Valravn

9:00AM - 10:00AM

Enjoy Early Entry

Please note: Times are subject to change.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/events/things-to-do/events/Coaster-Campout-7-28-15-00

2016 Visits: 57
2017- Guest Services Ambassador Intern
2018- Hotel Breakers Front Office Supervisor
2019- Hotel Breakers Front Office & Housekeeping Supervisor

I was going to go to this event, but due to my car overheating on the way back from Kings Island, I have to cancel this year. Repairs were high for me.

Was the camping site last year where Valravn now stands? I assume they will be camping back in Frontier Town again this time?

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

It was going to be, but they moved it after the incident.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service