Raptor and TTD paint

During a Periscope a few days ago, Tony said they may need to go into the fall to finish TTD. Raptor is done.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

They could have it painted by the end of May if they had a painting crew on stand by and let them work while it is down for mechanical issues.

That is flippin' hilarious!

Speaking of Raptor, I know this is off topic, but why do all inverts always have a curve to the left or right as the first drop? Why are there none with a straight drop?

^ I read somewhere that it has to do with the negative Gs being too much for inverts to handle. Take it with a grain of salt, though, as Dragon's Challenge has an airtime hill.

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

I feel like it has more to do with rider visibility. A curved drop let's everyone see while a straight drop blocks the view of riders in the middle or back.

Perhaps the curved drop design helps accentuate the freedoms of overhead track.

Raptor's trains have been painted via Tony's Twitter

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

Raptor is getting almost as much love as Valravn this offseason! The repainted trains look great and I'm sure the new lighting package will look even better!

Hopefully they paint TTD's trains as well.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Do they need a new paint job?

They just get new fiberglass bodies. And I think they got new ones a year or 2 ago.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

You are incorrect. Top Thrill Dragster still has the same fiberglass bodies that were delivered in 2003. They simply repaint them. Usually they are painted as needed

Hmmm, could have sworn they had the fiberglass replaced a few years back. Maybe I'm thinking of the new bodies on the Millennium trains.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

That was just last year.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Everything is looking so shiny and spiffy. :D

It's funny, I was explaining the difference between Kinzel and Ouimet's management to a friend and I pretty much summed it up as 'MORE COASTERS, BIGGER COASTERS, BUILD A FIFTY TWO INVERSION DIVE MACHINE WITH A 60,000 FOOT DROP' is all well and good, but sometimes you just need a guy who says 'You know what we need? PAINT.'

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Did Raptor already fall victim to the seagulls? Or did the painting crews not get here yet?

http://imgur.com/qmJiyQW

The painting on Raptor was completed in the fall, the seagulls have already added their own customizations to it.

Filthy creatures...

ROUNDABOUND.

Many people have said it. How frickin hard is it for CP to glue on some damn bird spikes to the tops of Raptor supports? I will do it myself! I just don't get it. Why cant you at least try to prevent one of your best and most visual coasters that has been freshly painted from being grossly covered in poop. Frickin poop. I just don't get it!!!!

Last edited by clevelander,

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service