FunPix details

If you're offering pictures today and I spend $30, yes I'd ask you to upgrade your technology.

Family camera...really dude?

But most people are going to take pictures in front of signs, rides, etc...You put way too much thought into that.3

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

I misread your Magnum ("Maggie" is perhaps the most annoyingly absurd nickname for anything ever, but I digress) comment.

But you're still misrepresenting the product. Most on-ride photos are of pretty decent quality, considering the circumstances under which they're taken.

Will everyone find value in this? Certainly not. But I'd bet it's a compelling deal for most of their customers.

Brandon

I knew what he meant by family camera, why be so hard on a perfectly reasonable description? Not everyone is happy with the quality of smart phone photos and may invest in a good quality camera to take on family trips to capture high quality photos. What's wrong with that?

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

There's nothing wrong with it. It's just that the number of people who carry those sorts of cameras around an amusement park is probably negligible, especially in the context of this discussion.

Brandon

This is wonderful.

We always get Memory Maker when we travel to Disney (149.99). I'm a little shocked how cheap they priced this, especially with it including on-ride photos.

And we're a family of 4 (two little girls); the memory maker photos turn out great, and they also make movies of your family riding Tower of Terror and Seven Dwarves Mine Train....plus a whole slew of stock photos that one can use creatively as well.

We walked away from our last trip with well over 500 photos and a cool little video of our whole family on Mine Train. Some of you without kids may not see the value here at all. What I am happy to pay for is the luxury of having someone else take pictures of us (and professional-quality at that).

I was hoping Ouimet would bring this to Cedar Point.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

The Mine Train videos are pretty cool, and I was surprised to see those in our collection one day. (For the uninitiated, Disney associates the photos and video with your account simply by "reading" your Magic Band while you're on the ride. It automagically just appears in your online account.) I'll be more sold on the value of that stuff next July, when it's included in our annual passes.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I was not expecting the Mine Train video at all, and my first reaction was "how did they do that"?

We're not getting passes this year, but we will be there for 3 days in May. I wonder if I can get the 39.99 pass for our trip, or if that is just a perk for pass-holders.

EDIT: The fine print reveals the 39.99 pass is for season pass-holders only.

So, we'll try it on one of our days there at least.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Like I said, I know I'm not the target market by any definition, but surprised in this day & age people still want ORPs and pictures taken with advance point & shoots by the park for a pretty hefty fee.

They don't want "...ORPs and pictures taken with advance point & shoots..."

What they want, I think, is to go about their day at the park knowing they'll end up with plenty of pictures all taken with little or no effort on their part beyond saying "Take our picture, please." Convenience, in other words.

Last edited by noggin,

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

I meant pictures taken on midways & stuff for point & shoots...

Must I spell everything out or can people correlate information?

Huh.

Exactly...

I'm also not quite sure what you mean, but where's the hefty fee?

To be honest, even the 149.99 price point for Memory Maker at Disney is completely reasonable for what you get. Noggin described the logic perfectly.

Promoter of fog.

I'll probably get this just for the ORP's alone. I only need to get about 3 of them for this to pay for itself. I'll take plenty of my own pictures, but ORP's are the only way you're able to get a photo on the ride.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I've never bought an ORP, but I'll definitely be buying this. I'm of the "social media" generation and love to post about my trips. Plus, I won't have to carry physical copies of the photos with me.

I'm going to buy this as the season gets closer. This will definitely give me a chance to get a professional picture with me and Charlie Brown.

So, the site mentions downloading pics, and then separately talks about having prints made or ordered in the park or from the app/website. When you download a picture, is it then yours to do whatever you want with like send it to a different printer, or can only Funpix make a printed copy? I'm also curious about the question about multiple users. For example, my wife and I have two kids. If I go on a ride with my son, can I use it to get the ORP, and then pass it to her to use on a ride with our daughter?

If both your son and daughter are old enough to ride, and you only have two children, why are you riding separately? Why not have all four of you ride together?

It doesn't mean the kids are the same height and can go on everything. One may be on Woodstock Express and the other on Gatekeeper.... Or if they are on one coaster together will they let us get 2 pics from the same turn on one pass? Even if the pass holder isn't in the pic?

Bret said:

So, the site mentions downloading pics, and then separately talks about having prints made or ordered in the park or from the app/website. When you download a picture, is it then yours to do whatever you want with like send it to a different printer, or can only Funpix make a printed copy? I'm also curious about the question about multiple users. For example, my wife and I have two kids. If I go on a ride with my son, can I use it to get the ORP, and then pass it to her to use on a ride with our daughter?

I'm going to assume that it will work the same as Disney's process (based on all the info I have read it sounds identical aside from the passes replacing Disney's Magic Bands).

Once you download your photos, they are yours to do with whatever you like. That said, you will have a limited amount of time to download them to wherever you wish (Disney gives you about 30 days after your trip concludes before they disappear from your account). You can also use their website to order special prints (in case you don't have photo-quality printer yourself) and/or order special frames, designs etc.

It sounds like if you order special prints while still at the park, you will get a discount (vs. waiting until later).

The pass itself will work for everyone in your party, so yes, as long as the pass has been scanned you will get that photo.

For instance, if some stranger stole my Magic Band at Disney and rode the Seven Dwarves Mine Train, I would have an on-ride video of him in my account.

Does that make sense?

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service