FunPix details

That's actually a good deal.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Ride photos included?

Valravn timelapse: Videos | Playlist | Cedar Fair Roller Coaster Construction on Facebook

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Yes, it mentions showing your card after the ride. They probably then associate the image number with your account.

I wonder if these images will be watermark free. However, I do think it's a great value.

Same idea at Walt Disney World was in the ballpark of $150, and that was only valid for X number of days. We did think it was neat that it included a bunch of stock "portraits" of the characters posed around the parks though...

ROUNDABOUND.

Compared to the price of one photo, this is a pretty good deal... Going to get this for sure...

Shh, don't give CP ideas that there's actually something inside you can buy worth the money!

This is WAAAAYYY overpriced... ;)

I don't like to have my picture taken, so this doesn't interest me at all, but it seems a good price for what they're offering.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

I'm not going to get this this year because I already have on ride photos of every ride that has it, but when they expand it to all CF parks, it will be an amazing value, and I would definitely get it.

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

I'm trying to understand this completely here. Would I be able to have a Peanuts character meet me wherever I want them? Like let's say I want a professional picture of me and Charlie Brown by Wicked Twister, would this be possible?

No, check out point number 3. Basically you can get your photo taken wherever the photographers are.

In the age of selfies, narcissticks, & cheap point/shoots I'm surprised something like this sells. However, hey, the park is offering it, they must know things I don't, but I'm clearly not the target market.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

They are not going to make any sales here either. The best picture of the family at the park a stranger took. Besides, memories are the best pictures.

I expect them to sell plenty of these despite a few people not being interested. I'd bet on a stiff price increase for year two as well.

Wondering how they are going to prevent someone from "borrowing" a friend's card and then just having them send me the pic later? Or maybe they don't care?

Last edited by MDOmnis,

-Matt

thedevariouseffect said:

In the age of selfies, narcissticks, & cheap point/shoots I'm surprised something like this sells. However, hey, the park is offering it, they must know things I don't, but I'm clearly not the target market.

I think consumers recognize the quality of a professional photograph versus what they can take with a selfie. Moreover, I think adults recognize the special nature of a family vacation photo. No one is hanging up selfies on their walls.

Here's a quick way to rectify it:

1. Grabs family camera
  2. Asks stranger to take picture of family
  3. ???
  4. Profit

Like I said, I know I'm not the target market, but I don't see the demand from what I see in the park, but hey if it works it works. I also don't see families hanging up pictures from some roller coasters either though. The one picture I bought from the photo booth at Maggie looks like it was taken on a mid 2000 Vivitar point & shoot.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Disney will soon be offering a $40 one day PhotoPass. That makes Cedar Points season offer a bargain. Sells me on a pass since I can get a couple days worth of pics for one price.
The park will have us doing their social network marketing for them by being able to immediately download and share our pics.
Saves us from worrying about handing off a camera and we never had time to walk up to see and claim our photos in the park. Online they were expensive for prints.

Like thedevariouseffect, I'm not part of the target market for this. I have always had exactly zero interest in purchasing an on-ride photo (whenever possible, not willing to give a park dollars for what cost them dimes....), and the photos I take in the park are mostly of coasters, architecture and rides, not people I know. I already know what they look like. :-)

I expect that most of the people will be purchasing Funpix find the idea of having photos of the whole group taken and made available online convenient.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Maybe if they offered a "platinum" package that is good at all their parks I would consider it. But like a few others on here this is not for me. I think the last on-ride photo I bought was Rita at Alton Towers in 2006.

Wow, a bunch of enthusiasts who visit the park incredibly frequently aren't interested in this? How completely shocking. ;-)

MDOmnis said:

I expect them to sell plenty of these despite a few people not being interested. I'd bet on a stiff price increase for year two as well.

I don't think they could increase the price and still sell plenty. Given the utter ubiquity of cameras, the value of what the park offers is relatively low.

That said, for a family to be able to capture the entirety of their entire once-a-year visit to the park for $30 seems like a pretty compelling value. But it also seems like being priced any higher would be a deal-breaker.

thedevariouseffect said:

Here's a quick way to rectify it:

1. Grabs family camera
  2. Asks stranger to take picture of family
  3. ???
  4. Profit

First of all, what is a "family camera" and who even carries one of those? Secondly, are you going to hand over your phone before boarding Raptor with the family and ask that stranger to be sure to get a picture as you're traveling by at 50mph, then wait for you to exit the ride?

The one picture I bought from the photo booth at Maggie looks like it was taken on a mid 2000 Vivitar point & shoot.

I'm not sure why you'd expect a photo taken of a subject traveling at 70mph, taken with 16-year old technology no less, would be of exceptional quality.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service