Raptor and TTD paint

Because he's posting them on some google user page (google plus?)

And in that other image, the bottom of the tower just looks a little darker. Hardly an indication of "great looking paint."

For those that couldn't see my pictures, try these. I was using Google Photos.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Ahh, now I can see it. The red looks great! Crazy how pink the coaster began to look...

White and gold or blue and black. Who cares, TTD is finally getting new paint!

Has paint showed up on Raptor yet? Dragster seems to be progressing rather quickly.

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

I was a little surprised to see they had been painting the track already, as I would have thought that it would take a while for the paint to dry. How long does the paint have to dry before the trains can start running again?

About a henweigh, it seems.

Jeff said:
There. Is. No. Contrast. If you can't figure out the difference between making that observation and insulting the vision of others, you don't need to post here.

My bad Jeff. I thought me along with 2 others that post here see the contrast, considering we have stated that we CLEARLY see it. If you really felt insulted because of my vision comment, I'm sorry. But let us not think as if worse things haven't been said here.

0g, the Imron (the paint) takes a few hours to dry "enough". 18-48 hours for the "full-cure" depending on the ambient temperature and relative humidity.

I think the biggest difference is the lack of stripes on the rails.

That's what I noticed too. But those stripes will be back sooner or later.

They didn't cover up the stripes on Rougarou. I wonder why they wouldn't cover up Rougarou's stripes then cover up the stripes on Dragster.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Are you talking about the stripe where the wheels rub the track?

Brian

Yes^

They did cover it up on Rougarou. The stripe will appear again over time. It's just normal wear.

Brian

I'm pretty sure Dragster had the rail stripe when it was built.

It had it when it was built per manufacturer yes. However, you will see what was below the red paint (dirty rail) again here this and next season due to wear. It's an Intamin thing for sure as Millie was delivered with the white stripe as well where the wheels meet the track.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Raptor has some new paint starting on the cobra roll. All's I have to say is wow. Those colors are BRIGHT.
EDIT: I only saw this in the background of a picture of Valravn from the Facebook page "Cedar Point History".

Last edited by CoasterKyle1121,

Hopefully this picture I took today can help show the difference.

And dear God, please don't say you can't see the change :/

Alright, here's what I'm wondering. Since Tony said that the rides will return their opening colors, so will they sand the rails down so they can return to the unpainted color?

(I just like being a smart a** sometimes, I don't actually wonder about it because they obviously won't)

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service