Besides Valravn(?) What Else for 2016?

Redwolf said:
I am thinking the announcement may be a multi ride, multi year projection. maybe like ride, darkride, harmony hall clone and or expansion/realignment of the celebration plaza to where cedars is now at. kind of like a three year forecast or projection. Ever seen the amphitheater at carowinds? I feel that may have a future in the cedars area.

All of the demolition and removal of attractions in that area seems to point toward a broader goal of creating a permanent facility designed to handle performances with large gatherings. What they have now certainly isn't ideal since it disrupts a primary pedestrian circulation corridor. If they are able to relocate the stage to a space that is designed to meet their needs (where the dorms are now or where the GTT was located) then that could also free up some space for flat rides. Maybe Iron Dragon would also get a Fast Lane entrance.

Ah, but then you have to fit a dive coaster in there too. :)

Just wondering, a little off topic sort of, if the park did end up getting a dark ride somewhere in its future, where would it be located? I mean they'd need a building for it somewhere on site. The Pirate Ride building doesn't seem big enough to me for some reason, idk maybe it's just me. I've always thought that somewhere in one of the ride's infields would be nice, Mean Streak maybe (?) where Eden Musee is. Or maybe Where the Cedars are now along with a Dive Coaster. Idk, I just don't want to see another 12-E sign in the middle of my lakeside view.

Arms Down, Head Back, and Hold On!...Arms Down!...Arms Down......

MagnumForce14 said:

The Pirate Ride building doesn't seem big enough to me for some reason, idk maybe it's just me.

The thing is that the Pirate Ride was a dark ride. So with that being said it can hold one, but not some huge one that we would hope for.

The marina entrance has some of the oldest, if not the oldest light fixtures in the park. They are classic and I hope to see the park refresh this area but not change anything. You get the feeling of walking into the park as guests that had to arrive via ferry would have seen and felt 100 years ago.

Blue people fly sideways when it rains

Your words of "refresh this area" and "don't change anything" are entirely contradictory. Any refresh of the area would necessarily require things to be changed.

You can refresh and update an area without taking away its historical charm.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Gatekeeper2013 said:

MagnumForce14 said:

The Pirate Ride building doesn't seem big enough to me for some reason, idk maybe it's just me.

The thing is that the Pirate Ride was a dark ride. So with that being said it can hold one, but not some huge one that we would hope for.

Yeah that's what I was going for. It could fit a dark ride but probably nothing too crazy as we would want.

Arms Down, Head Back, and Hold On!...Arms Down!...Arms Down......

Pirate Ride was state-of-the-art technology.... in 1960, when it opened at Freedomland. The building was sized perfectly for a dark ride with 1960 tech and the capacity needs of a much smaller Cedar Point. If Cedar Point's Amusement Dark ride ends up there I'm guessing a new building will go up to house it.

Seriously, new ride announcements are not fun anymore. Now everyone knows the rides name and when aug 18 comes, it won't be a surprise. So now we all know it will be valravn. Social media kinda ruins all the fun of big ride announcements...

noggin said:

I think the question is whether or not the park will keep the historical charm in this case. In the case of the area immediately around the marina gate it seems unlikely that the scene pictured above will survive intact assuming the rumored plans play out. I would love to be wrong though.

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

True enough. I was responding to the post right above about "refresh this area" and "don't change anything" being "entirely contradictory;" they're not.

noggin said:

Exhibit A:

Refreshing an area requires change, of some sort. That's what refreshing means.

You can keep the same essence, the same feeling, even some of the same touches. You can keep everything and just slap on a fresh coat of paint or some fresh concrete. Still, *something* changes.

If they do end up doing a Dark ride, I think one like Laff Trakk at Hershey Park would be excellent, bigger though, slightly more intense with a different theme..

A dark ride, thats still a rollercoaster

Certainly wouldn't be opposed to seeing a refresh of Sandcastle Suites or Castaway Bay for 2016. :)

Didn't Sandcastle Suites just get refreshed in the last couple of years?

I think Sandcastle was renovated in 2008. In my opinion it doesn't need an extensive remodel or anything, but if they replaced the mattresses, bed spreads, and sofa beds they could potentially make the rooms feel a lot more up to date. It would also be great to see them replace the headboards with photos from the park like they did at Breakers and Breakers Express.

It did just get renovated in 2008. Remodel was nice but nothing near as nice as Breakers. They need a nice restaurant over there. Or just do something better with Breakwater cafe.

What is the sandcastle hotel like? I honestly didn't realize there was a second hotel on the point until I looked on google maps. I thought all that was over there were cabins.

Basic hotel with a bunch of suites. No restaurants or workout area. Pool, hot tub, and tennis courts on site. Much more quiet hotel as opposed to Breakers. Much less activity.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service