Besides Valravn(?) What Else for 2016?

Many things are leading to the 2016 announcement being about the 223 ft Valravn Dive Coaster, but what else might Cedar Point add in its off season? A lot of times the park adds last minute changes, improvements, or additions to the park that may be minor, or even pretty significant. For instance, the Wicked Twister midway (relocation of Dodgems and Tiki-Twirl), GTT demolition, and Sweet Spot were all announced half way through the off season last year on top of their main plans for Rougarou for 2015.

Here are a few of my ideas for the 2016 off season.

Blue Streak renovation: Removal of pirate ride, new landscape, new shops/restaurants, new flat ride?

New marina gate, different access point?

New employee dorms, maybe relocated for additional room for future plans?

Repaint Raptor? Same color or even something a little different? May make Raptor stand out more especially when a brand new dive coaster might be built right next to it?

Repaint Dragster? I know people think it's impossible, but it is really looking rough and needs some attention!

Those are just some of my thoughts for other 2016 plans. CP is pretty good at multi tasking when preparing for their upcoming season, so I'm sure there will be a little more than building a new coaster!

P.S. The title corresponds with last years, "Besides Mantis, What Else for 2015?" :P

Last edited by CoasterGuy15,

If people think repainting Dragster is "impossible", then they must think that maintenance and off-season inspections are impossible on it. After all, you need to be able to get all around the structure to do those inspections, of the torquing on the bolts, the integrity of the steel track and supports, etc.

If that's the case, they might as well tear it down because there's no way they could know it was safe.

I can't see a new flat ride coming to the park next year. I can see a new marina gate and the BS midway stretching to the main midway though.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

From the looks of it, I don't think there's going to be a Blue Streak midway expansion. I'm not really sure there even needs to be or where that idea came from. Does CP really need more concrete?

It looks to me like Valravn's entrance will be right where Calypso used to be.

What does surprise me is that the plot of land where Cedars sits appears to not be used at all. Is that dump really going to survive this?

Another thing I am having trouble picturing is how the Marina gate will either change drastically or cease to exist. I can see the gate coming in and the path taking you to the left and dumping you into the main part of the park by the Luminosity stage. Or it might be a lot more clever and that path will interact with the ride. I don't see how it can just be a straight shot to the Main Midway as it is now though.

-Matt

I honestly think (and hope) that the Pirate Ride building will be gone soon. They can really make that area look nice with some new shops/ eatery where it was. With Valravn(?) coming close to it, I think there will be a new Marina entrance where Calypso was and the Blue Streak "midway" will get a nice upgrade similar to the Gemini midway's.

Arms Down, Head Back, and Hold On!...Arms Down!...Arms Down......

That building is not only used for a haunted house but park services has its office and a storage area inside. There is also an eatery already there thats directly connected to it.

Last edited by We-o-we-oooo,

Girl: "l want to ride that yellow one again... Twisted Wicker"
Me: "It's a roller coaster, not a broken clothes hamper."

MDOmnis said:

From

What does surprise me is that the plot of land where Cedars sits appears to not be used at all. Is that dump really going to survive this?

Yes! For one more year and possibly two.

I hope they can preserve the marina entrance. I'm sure it's not going to go away. That walkway is one of the nicest in the park with the Mercury statue and old timey lamps.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

That is a pretty spot, kind of a little oasis. Hope it stays!

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

I am thinking the announcement may be a multi ride, multi year projection. maybe like ride, darkride, harmony hall clone and or expansion/realignment of the celebration plaza to where cedars is now at. kind of like a three year forecast or projection. Ever seen the amphitheater at carowinds? I feel that may have a future in the cedars area.

^I don't see any reason for them to announce more than what is going to happen for the 2016 season. They sure don't want people to wait for the ride 2 years from now rather than going next season.

Last edited by TTD6262,

The most dangerous enemy is the one you don't know you have.

MDOmnis said:

As I have said before, I really think that when this building is removed it will be for more Marina parking and outside support. It will have nothing to do with a new attraction or anything inside the park.

At first glance, I thought that picture was taken at King's Island or King's Dominion. It looks very relaxing and I never knew that statue was over there.

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

Well, we know your eyes didn't go straight to the trash cans. ;)

We-o-we-oooo said:
That building is not only used for a haunted house but park services has its office and a storage area inside. There is also an eatery already there thats directly connected to it.

Yes but it is still quite the ugliest. ;)

Arms Down, Head Back, and Hold On!...Arms Down!...Arms Down......

Cedars needs to be demolished. That building is an ugly eyesore. Even just grass would look better. But they could shift the road a little to the left and fit a decent family attraction in that space while using all other remaining open space for marina parking.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

The marina gate is the entrance I use the most and it really is peaceful and shady over there.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

the pirate ride building could also be used for the dark ride.

Burritos, Inspiration Point, Fork Balloon Sports, Cards in the Spokes, Automatic Biographies, Kites, Kung Fu, Trophies, Banana Peels We've Slipped On and Egg Shells We've Tippy Toed Over

Thabto said:

Cedars needs to be demolished. That building is an ugly eyesore. Even just grass would look better. But they could shift the road a little to the left and fit a decent family attraction in that space while using all other remaining open space for marina parking.

Agreed. Cedars just looks plain ghetto.

Its not if Cedar Point will get a dark ride its when CP gets a dark ride. I will be disappointed if it doesnt revolve around Raptor and shooting seagulls so they don't poop all over the ride. I think that will be the most epic dark ride ever.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service