Roller Coaster History Timeline Added to Construction Fence

Social Media campaigns to build hype are generally only followed by enthusiasts. Most "GP" have no idea whats going on at the park until they see the official press release, see TV ads or hear radio ads. Heck, a good portion may not even know there is a new ride until the visit the park. Enthusiasts tend to forget that the park doesn't revolve around them. We are a very small portion of their business.

What WolfBobs said.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

I am fully aware of how small we are compared to the GP. I just thought that simce many parks have been doing similar in-park or social media teasing campaigns Cedar Point might follow suit, especially since they are such a well known park.
I know they don't have to do it just because many parks are.

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

Hmm, social media advertising reaches out far beyond just the enthusiasts.

As for more intimate things, putting up stuff in the park (ala Banshee) is good for the general public too. They get excited and start thinking about a potential visit next year, spread word of mouth, etc. Plus, it's relatively cheap as far as marketing goes. It doesn't take much to have a speaker with some raven caws being played, or hanging ravens placed in subtle locations throughout the park.

Cedar Point has never been very good at at the slow-burn immersive marketing dynamic. They tend to hold everything close, teasing but saying nothing at all substantial, then blowing their wad all at once.

It is only July 1st and there are plenty of teases around, not sure what in the world some people expect them to do. There's plenty of time for more teases to come, enjoy the current season and what the park has to offer during it.

If they were planning on making the announcement in August, then at this rate they will have all coasters on the wall in 2 weeks. There's only Dragster, Maverick, Pipe Scream(?), and Rougarou left. Maybe they will start putting clues after they are done with the coasters.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

^ And Gatekeeper

Oh, duh! How did I forget Gatekeeper?

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

JUnderhill said:

It is only July 1st and there are plenty of teases around, not sure what in the world some people expect them to do. There's plenty of time for more teases to come, enjoy the current season and what the park has to offer during it.

I'll start by answering your question: How about something more than nothing?

You also state that there are plenty of teases around. What are these teases?

I hate to even ask this, but could there be significance to how they have put 2 signs up at a time?

Kevinj said it perfectly a few comments above.

Kevinj said:

They've fenced off an entire area and told you in no uncertain terms that a new coaster in coming next year, and they told you it will be announced in August.

What more can they tell you?

Like my wife always says, maybe you're "hearing but not listening".

Last edited by Willijs3,

They call me Sheehan.
coasterandtreeloversbuzz.com

^Exactly, and if someone still thinks that there has been nothing thus far they obviously haven't been listening...

Besides the fence signs, everything the park has said thus far has been prompted by a reporter's question. That's how we know there will be an announcement in August. That's how we know a dive coaster was an option they were looking at.
Besides having a huge space open and the signs the park has said next to nothing on their own.
I never said we should know more by now or that there weren't any obvious signs of a major addition.
It seems very obvious that something major is indeed coming.

2018- Raptor

It just occurred to me that those who attended the Winter Chill Out this year were shown a slide with a picture of Outlaw Run. In my session, Tony and Jason played it off as "how did that get there?" and didn't mention it after that. It was briefly discussed here. That's a tease.

Last edited by Willijs3,

They call me Sheehan.
coasterandtreeloversbuzz.com

Briefly discussed is an understatement; I think it was two posts worth.

It's not as if a slide like that could slip into a presentation on accident; that's ludicrous, but it also does not sound like anyone pursued the question (or asked a question about it). My guess is that it was just tossed in the mix to make people wonder and leave it at that.

Promoter of fog.

Wow, that would be awesome. I have said what Cedar Point is lacking is a world class woodie like all these new ones that have been built in recent years. I guess we'll find out if it is a dive coaster or something else soon.

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

I see dive coaster or woodie as the two biggest possibilities. Unless it's something entirely new.

2018- Raptor

Great! A dive woodie!

Whatever is coming next to CP will most likely be entirely new and/or record breaking. CP has consistently proven to meet these criteria and provided record breakers all through their history. The informational blurb on the fence pretty much puts it on a plate and spoon feeds it to you. The blurb also lists the fact that they've continually tried to provide a fun, family friendly atmosphere. Perhaps they're going to do both for next year. They have already revamped two midways in the past few years. Perhaps it's time to revamp the Blue Streak area. It has been quite dead back in there for quite some time now. Who says that only one new attraction or coaster can be built?

My guess is that they'll somehow merge Gemini and Magnum XL-200 into one mega coaster since they have similar track and trains.

Obviously that's a joke, but it would be fitting to put a wooden coaster next to the legendary Blue Streak, if it were a new installation.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service