Maverick Restraints

Hey, thanks for telling me about the poll, I'll go ahead and vote. (what's wrong with posting something fun on an amusement park site?)

Edit: Maverick is currently number one. :)

Last edited by Pete,

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Yeah, thanks for the heads up. I vote Fury 325.

Having ridden Fury 325, I can't blame you. Next to Dominator, Fury 325 is probably my favorite B&M coaster right now.

But Maverick is still my favorite one on that list. Outlaw Run is second.

I never had a problem with the old restraints on Maverick, but I love the new ones. With these softer restraints, they probably don't have to spend as much money replacing these as compared to the hard plastic ones. It's been brought up why couldn't they do this with Rougarou? My argument to that is maybe they haven't figured out a new style for the other current Floorless coasters yet so they're just sticking with the current design that they've been using on the B&M Floorless roller-coasters.

Shawn Meyer said:
I never had a problem with the old restraints on Maverick, but I love the new ones. With these softer restraints, they probably don't have to spend as much money replacing these as compared to the hard plastic ones. It's been brought up why couldn't they do this with Rougarou? My argument to that is maybe they haven't figured out a new style for the other current Floorless coasters yet so they're just sticking with the current design that they've been using on the B&M Floorless roller-coasters.

The new B&M restraints are much wider than the old ones

SV ruins all other rides.

Right, but they are so far only used on the Wing-Rider trains and Banshee. Tony Clark said If they tried using those restraints, they would have to do a lot more re-configuration than what was done this past off-season.

Last edited by Shawn Meyer,

The newer restraints require power to release, but I'm mostly sure that the old standard on the floorless trains do not, as the release is entirely mechanical.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Shame that the new restraints didn't trigger a change on the height requirement for the ride.

Seems the manufacturers are being a bit conservative with height requirements even on rides with the newer restraint systems as on Gatekeeper and Banshee. Oh well, guess I'd rather have them be conservative than wrong.

Gotta' go, time to put my daughter back on the rack. Only two more turns, honey, then we're done for the day.

2016 Cedar Point visits 1
Lifetime TTD Rollbacks 0

Surprisingly, Gatekeeper was actually lower. Back when it opened, my son was not 54, but was 52. When we looked at other major winged coasters back then, every one was 54, so he was resolved he would have to wait another year. He was over the moon when Gatekeeper was announced to be 52.

Has anybody noticed the amount of broken seats on Maverick? I was there today and I think some of those same seats were broken 3 weeks ago. This is ridiculous. It hurts capacity.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Thabto said:

Has anybody noticed the amount of broken seats on Maverick? I was there today and I think some of those same seats were broken 3 weeks ago. This is ridiculous. It hurts capacity.

The broken seats are an ongoing problem. I've been in the park about once a week since it opened. It seems like they are trying to fix them, but they keep going back down.

I love the new restraints, but you're right... Their lack of reliability has really hurt Maverick's capacity.

The line was moving slower than normal yesterday and I think the broken seats are partly to blame. Even the Fast Lane was getting backed up at times. And it was nice meeting you yesterday, Matthew.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian

Thabto said:

And it was nice meeting you yesterday, Matthew.

Nice meeting you too! :) It's nice to finally meet some people here in the real world!

...And there's two things that I think are making Maverick's line unbearable this year. The first is certainly all the broken seats.

The second is how the crew handles Fast Lane. Unlike Millenium Force where they stagger them in, on Maverick they let the entire FL line into the station then let the regular line fill in whatever is left over. That means the FL people can jump off, run back around, and get back in the station almost instantly.

One day it said a 90 minute wait on the sign. 2.5 hours later I finally made it to the front and the ride broke down. I witnessed the same mass group of FL people (around 50-60) doing a "Maverick Marathon" during this time.

So, get FastLane?

I bet those people having a ball on Maverick don't get to go every week.

There should be a time limit between re-rides for FastLane riders. Just like the time limits between meals on the meal plans.

Why?

For fast lane you are buying specifically fast access through the line.

Meal plan, is a plan for your daily meals. Not an all you can eat plan. In that case go to the buffet.

Two completely different things.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

The broken seats are the bigger problem. We had an odd number of people in my group yesterday, so I was the single rider on Maverick. When it was my turn to get on, the line I was in was for one of the broken seats when the train pulled into the station. Luckily, there was another single rider in front of me who I was able to pair up with when it was my time to board.

Brian

Mystical Matthew said:
The second is how the crew handles Fast Lane. Unlike Millenium Force where they stagger them in, on Maverick they let the entire FL line into the station then let the regular line fill in whatever is left over. That means the FL people can jump off, run back around, and get back in the station almost instantly.

I'll see your anecdotal observation and raise you my own. I have never seen Maverick FL allow more than about 20 people in before they halt them and let the normal line in. If you're talking about < 20 people being the entire line, then yes, that's common.

I've found that across every ride, FL ratio is about 50%, with the amount let through being the thing that changes. Maverick will let a bunch through, whereas things like Raptor and Millennium are usually under 10.

RCMAC said:

So, get FastLane?

I bet those people having a ball on Maverick don't get to go every week.

Me personally? Yeah. You're right. No complaints.

I bet a lot of the people that were in the "real" line with me don't get to go every week either, but couldn't afford FL+. It would suck to be them. Perhaps they should move closer to the park.

I'm not here to start a FL argument. It's here whether I like it or not. I'm just commenting that the way it's handled on that particular ride combined with the busted seats are killing capacity.

Last edited by Mystical Matthew,

I can understand where Thabto is coming from with the FL. When I was with him, I was getting a little upset with the FL crowd because it seemed like they were able to just go right up to the station. Fudge!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service