Cedar Point Locker Procedure

I am not a fan of the constant connection and being "on. However, one nice thing about having a phone these days is that I don't have to be tied to my father's long term care at home, yet I am able to be reached if needed. I can have a life, too or at least try to.

People used to take cameras to parks, too, a phone serves both purposes. Especially nice if you can get a selfie stick.

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

As an IT Professional, working in a higher-level position for a very small IT department of a pretty large company, I have no choice but to be always "on" and connected.

Unless I'm on actual scheduled vacation, I always need to be somewhat available in case something blows up.

My visit to CP yesterday was nearly perfect. There was great weather all day, we had front of the line passes for making early reservations at our hotel, and we even got additional front row passes for TTD since it broke down just prior to launch. However, the locker procedures need to be addressed. Although the lack of storage is quite understandable on coasters like Millennium and TTD, I felt that it was ridiculous that we had to buy lockers for other rides (GateKeeper) to store our souvenir cups for no more than fifteen minutes while we rode. My home park, SFGAm, has numbered cup holders in every coaster station that are very efficient from what I have seen.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

Sounds reasonable to me.

But, head's up, you'll be shortly alerted that you're an entitled individual, and that the park has no obligation to supply you with anything at all.

I don't see why the park is under any obligation to provide FREE paved walkways. You entitled people have been babied all your lives and won't walk on dirt and gravel. Also, something about Millennials.

If you'd stop looking at your darn social media every once in a while, you whippersnappers, you might be able to walk on un-paved ground. Kids these days don't look where they're going, and would trip and sue.

Back in my day, we didn't have safety restrictions, and the rides didn't even stop in the station to load. We just let everyone jump in and sent 'em packin'.

Think that should end with "Get off my lawn..." :)

-Matt

Common sense and decreased reliance on the idiot boxes? Humanity may have a chance after all.

Seriously, a place that has no public transportation or pedestrian access and does not permit outside hotel shuttles is not a place where you have an excuse for towing a wagon train around.; 98+% of visitors have some form of private storage within walking distance, either a vehicle or a room. Of a given 60 minute wait for a ride, 10 of it is devoted exclusively to people playing frogger on the platform.

Maybe once we flush the boxes we can work on the computerized braking; finally get the rides back to the capacities to which they were designed.

Girl: "l want to ride that yellow one again... Twisted Wicker"
Me: "It's a roller coaster, not a broken clothes hamper."

birdman said:
I don't see why the park is under any obligation to provide FREE paved walkways.

Actually, they're not... But, it does help keep the kids off the damn lawn!

My view on the bins/numbered cup holders is there are safety risks with placing identical souvenir cups in bins or on a numbered holder. Being that a lot of people are in a hurry/careless/lazy grab whatever cup they see as 'theirs'.
-Someone with mouth sores/illness
-Someone with allergies to a beverage
-medication in a cup
- alcohol in a cup
- date rape drug / other drug
-just outright grossness of sucking someone else's straw

And that is not bringing up the legal issues at all if any of those may happen, especially if done purposefully by an employee.

So locker rentals may be a bargain, considering the copay for hospital visits or the cost of replacing a stolen/accidentally taken cup/personal item.

Personal responsibility for yourself and your possessions should be taught and stressed at a very young age.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I've seen the mention of 'free short-term locker storage' several times. That's great, IF the ride is running properly AND the staff is also. So, if the allotted time runs out, and the locker is emptied(for the next guest), what happens to the belongings? Are they just dumped in a public tub, waiting for the owners to return? Sent to lost and found for the drawn out drama? Do the lines get purposely delayed to earn $$? I've seen girls with curling irons, large make-up cases and HUGE cans of hairspray in bathrooms. They were obviously young, and NOT part of entertainment crew. Go to the mall or a nightclub if that's your normal baggage. I think the only 'extras' allowed into loading area should be medical items that don't interfere with normal activity of anybody enjoying the ride SAFELY. Pack necessities folks, the best you can & enjoy your day!

Keep passing the fun along!

I hadn't considered that XS, but now that you mention it somebody making off with my booze or roofies would certainly ruin my day. I would be forced to drink the overpriced alcohol sold by the park, and would probably have to go all the way down to commons for new drugs.

Girl: "l want to ride that yellow one again... Twisted Wicker"
Me: "It's a roller coaster, not a broken clothes hamper."

Janeen Harris said:

I've seen the mention of 'free short-term locker storage' several times. That's great, IF the ride is running properly AND the staff is also. So, if the allotted time runs out, and the locker is emptied(for the next guest), what happens to the belongings? Do the lines get purposely delayed to earn $$?

The items are not emptied. When you come back, you have to pay or else you don't get your items. I believe they extend the time if the ride is delayed.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

They have an employee staffing each locker bay, and if the line got longer since you put your stuff in it, they'll unlock it for you. It's actually pretty easy to convince them.

Sorry in advance if this was already mentioned in this thread,but I did look and didn't see it. I am a fan of the all day lockers. I believe I used them at Universal IOA. Paid one price, like $20 and could use any locker from any set of lockers in the entire park for the entire day, using the same password. I wish CP would have considered those, but I do understand they would have needed to be all networked together which would probably have not been easy to do.

During my time on a coaster at Universal, lockers were not emptied till the end of the night. At that point, we would put everything in a bag and had to walk it to the front of the park to lost & found. There was a person stationed at the lockers so that if there was down time/a delay, then people could still have their lockers opened for free, but thinking about it now, if a person didn't mind having their things moved to lost and found at the end of the night, it was a place to store your stuff for free all day.

Does anyone here put stuff in a locker and actually leave it in there until its removal at the end of the day? Unless you might be going on a day that has potential for pop up storms, I don't understand the need to have a locker that you can access all day.

I can understand wanting access to a locker all day but not really the same one all day as then things you genuinely do need are at a different location than you as you walk the park and other than the walk through the parking lot that wouldn't really be any different than storing the stuff in your car.

I'd rather walk from Frontiertown or SFGA's County Fair to lockers at the front than to the front and out to my car.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

I guess it really depends on what you are keeping in the locker. For something like rain ponchos having them in the immediate area of the park you're riding in would be important. They're one of the things I think the bins are good for.

New for 2016: All Season Locker plan.

2016 Visits: 57
2017- Guest Services Ambassador Intern
2018- Hotel Breakers Front Office Supervisor
2019- Hotel Breakers Front Office & Housekeeping Supervisor

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service