Season Passholder Preview Night attractions list

https://www.cedarpoint.com/events/plan-a-visit/events/Season-Passho...view-Night

Nice selection! I'd like Maverick to be open to try out the new restraints. Hope Sweet Spot will be open. It's very nice for the park to do this for the season passholders. I'm in!

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Yeah I also was dissappointed that Maverick won't be open. But oh well they have Millennium and Magnum so I'll be well entertained. Also gonna try out Rougarou as i assume most people who go will.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

It's a cool idea but with the limited rides open and the park only being open three hours I think I'll just wait one more day. If I lived closer I might take advantage of it.

It's gonna be great booking a room at breakers express and doing both this and opening day! It's 4 hrs and opening day will probobally be busier and Rougarou will probobally have a longer line!!

RollerCoasters and Rock Concerts! Life in the fast Lane!!

I also was dissappointed that Maverick won't be open. But oh well they have Millennium and Magnum so I'll be well entertained.

GuL

CoasterKyle1121 said:

...I also was dissappointed that Maverick won't be open. But oh well they have Millennium and Magnum so I'll be well entertained....

idbtao said:

I also was dissappointed that Maverick won't be open. But oh well they have Millennium and Magnum so I'll be well entertained.

Wtf?

Now that I'm looking at the list again, I think it's odd that Wicked Twister isn't running. That's ride is smack dab in the middle of the midway that's getting alot of attention this year.

Brian

Five rides are open on the revamped midway, that's really good. It's a limited attraction/limited staffing night, Wicked Twister takes a lot more people to run than Dodgem, Tiki Twirl, etc.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Magnum is out there all by itself that night. I think they could swap Magnum for WT, but I think more people like Magnum than WT. It's possible they could modify the list between now and then such as add or remove attractions from the list.

Brian

Wtf?

Yep I was thinking the same thing when I read his comment.

Who all is planning on attending. I know I'm going to be there.

I am. Only 60 more days! It's also my birthday that day.

Brian

Ill most likely be there. as long as i can get a cheap enough place to stay for the night.

They had me at Magnum. ...but work has me all night.

Last edited by Chupacabra,

What the heck is going on before 9 and 7 at CP?

I am a part of the media, and I also have a season pass? no idea what to do in between, other then sleep in my car! (hope it's warm)

Between 9am and 7pm, there will be a sacrificial ceremony to the coaster gods taking place. It's attended by all of Cedar Point's "higher ups" and is off limits to nonbelievers. The sacrifice will help ensure that the new season is a prosperous and joyous one. :)

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I'm wondering the same thing. There's nothing much to do in between. That's going to be a boring day. What are some of you who are doing both planning on doing in between?

Brian

Boring? Oh come on, being invited (along with a select few) to attend a media event for a new ride with a passholder preview later that day makes the entire day worth waiting 10 hours. :)

Personally, I'll be staying busy in between the 2 events. So it's really up to you to determine how it's spent. It may seem like a long time to wait but don't forget that this is a day they are paying employees to come in and work. With people still being at work and, subsequently, arriving later in the day to check in to the hotels for Saturday, it makes sense to make it at 7. It allows for more people to show up (aside from the media attendees) and it's not costing the park a whole lot to run a limited amount of the park for a short amount of time as apposed to more of the park (or the same amount) for a longer time.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Geocaching around the area would be a good way to kill a few hours. If you don't know what it is, it's basically a GPS oriented treasure hunt. You're given coordinates and a brief description of the container, then you find it. Feel free to PM me for more information/details.

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

I just did a Google search on that and it looks interesting. There is a park full of geocaches on Route 6 near the hotel I'm staying at. There's also a frisbee golf course there. Now I might bring my discs with me. Thanks for the idea.

Brian

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service