News: Hooters to join Cedar Point food lineup

Glad this was resurrected. I'm typically pretty "aware" on April Fool's Day (heck, I study humor for Pete's sake), but for whatever reason, this always sticks out as one that I completely fell for; hook, line, and sinker. It just straddled that line of believability and stupidity so perfectly.

:)

If this is even a category, this is my favorite "online" April Fools prank ever.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

I had two pretty solid ideas this year, but spent today traveling to the west coast and never got a chance to write them up. There's always next year.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

You mean a Hooter's next year? Yes, there's always hope.

(and I fell for it too!)

Last edited by Wayne B,

remember: no matter where you go... there you are.

This sounds so much better than Chickie and Pete's.

Hooters would be giving the park a real face lift - especially if it was part of the Gemini midway. They would likely call it a "face lift" (as opposed to an augmentation), cause the PR group is "classy" like that!

If it were part of the "meal plan", I would bet many a patron would set their watches and phones for a alarm every two hours so as to not miss out!

Cedar Point has always had Hooters Girls. They just call them Sweperettes.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

You must go to a different Hooters than I do.

If you call the sweeps Hooters, you clearly have never been down to the original ones in Florida..whoo..man

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

It's getting harder and harder to hook, line and sinker people in, but this was a good attempt. Hopefully there is no backlash from the park. The frontier farm post seemed to be so ridiculous that they didn't want to be liable for anyone believing that any of that was real. This post about Hooters, although it didn't fool too many people, was very well written and looked legit, even including quotes from CP personnel. I applaud the effort but hope there was no backlash that could affect this site.

Aw, don't worry about it.

Sandusky really could use a Breastaurant. Hooters, Tilted Kilt, Twin Peaks... would be nice.

Still the best. Got me hook, line, and sinker that day. :)

Promoter of fog.

Wait a minute? Is this happening soon? I would so welcome a Hooters around the area of Sandusky/Huron!

wow

I hope those restaurants don't pop up anywhere in the area. I have been to one, I'll just say it's simply a corporate way of feeding into men's needs. The food was not that great either.

Last edited by Miss_Maverick07,

Go Men!

Shawn Meyer said:

Wait a minute? Is this happening soon? I would so welcome a Hooters around the area of Sandusky/Huron!

This thread is bumped every april fools day.

BREASTAURANTS AT ALL THE THINGS!!111!

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I "heart" this thread every year.

Cedar Point guest since 1974

The city of Sandusky and Hooters should make an agreement to make this a reality! I think Hooters would do great in the Norwalk area on route 250. I know this is an April Fools thread, but wouldn't it be cool to see it actually happen?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service