The Rougarou Files 2: Construction

Everybody to the limit!

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Hmm..always find out more and more each day about something on point, love it.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

So , I have not heard any new news about the coaster? anything good with it? Obviously they are not ready to make any cool moves, but the weather has been really calm, so I am sure they are makeing record time? anyone have any pics of their current work?

Why are you asking us if you've heard any news?

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Raaaaa! Polly want proper grammar with correct punctuation. Raaaaa!

:D

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Why was EatonJB asking if he'd heard any new news? He'd know first if he'd heard any new news.

I hope there's a new episode soon. These episodes have been very good.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I complained on Twitter a couple days ago about how Holiday World has already done TWELVE offseason videos about what's going on at the park since they've closed - no response from Tony.

You may be suffering from EES -- Enthusiast Entitlement Syndrome!

Joking aside: Different parks have different plans for promoting their upcoming season offerings via social media. Complaining that park A has provided X more online videos than park B might not be the best way to engage with park B.

GDdashROM said:

I complained on Twitter a couple days ago about how Holiday World has already done TWELVE offseason videos about what's going on at the park since they've closed - no response from Tony.

One park is opening the greatest coaster that park has ever known in its entire existence.

Another park is opening an upgraded, re-themed version of an existing, 19-year old coaster.

I think the promotion ratio is just about right.

GDdashROM said:

You... You complained about an amusement park not providing enough marketing materials for your liking? That sounds pretty entitled.

Do you really have to market roller coasters to enthusiasts?

I've been anxious myself. I'm hoping we hear something before Winter chill out. By the way, If you look at the webcam today, it's pointed at Rougarou today.

Last edited by Shawn Meyer,

Here is a post from Bryan Edwards on Twitter today about Rougarou:

https://twitter.com/BryanEdwardsCP/status/558300544402743296

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I knew they would do away with the lightbulbs in the station but it's nice to see them finally gone. They may have been "unique" but were very ugly.

I'm not sure if this it the right place to post this seeing as there are many threads about Rougarou, and I'm sure someone has mention this previously. If CP does add a good amount of theming such as thick fog and lights, I think it would be super cool if they added a werewolf howl at the top of the lift similar to Banshee's scream. Sorry if this has already been extensively discussed.

It has but it never hurts to talk some more about it. For me, it's the one thing that will really bring this transformation full circle.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I hope that they add more to the "in fireld". nothing to crazy, just something more to look at then dirt. I do understand though that there isnt a whole lot of room for theming in the little area.

argues just for clicks

A Werewolf howl when a train goes over the first hill would be a great additional. I really liked the Banshee scream at KI, especially at night with the LED lighting on the station and the scream in background when a train is starting its run. To me little touches like that go a long way so I'm all for it.

Nochom Chypsarth said:

I knew they would do away with the lightbulbs in the station but it's nice to see them finally gone. They may have been "unique" but were very ugly.

I think back in the mid 90s, they were trying that boardwalk style for Mantis, that's my opinion. I'm sure it will save Cedar Point some money with less lightbulbs all across the whole station.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service