The Rougarou Files 2: Construction

Diamondback's nickname does fit sadly, but again was a result of the crew having no sense of urgency & poor policies (like placing loose articles for you, etc.) moreover than the ride design & seatbelts. Many a time, the ride did stack all three trains, but moreover two trains were stacked. If the crew moved with a more sense of urgency, say Banshee or Bat this year, trains would have hit capacity a bit better.

The seatbelt partway through the season did cause some confusion with guests & the crew did have to change things up a bit, but stacking still occurred months after the restraint upgrade.

It's unfortunate that the crew was the most responsible reason for a decline in capacity, hopefully next year this problem will be alleviated. However, they have more problems IMO that need more attention: "I say Diamond you say Back"

I seriously want to cut the mic off everytime I hear that. I usually responded with "Stack" to shut them up.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

all wheels extreme will be gone in the next couple years for a kiddie coaster.

The confusion of new riders placing there sandals, drinks, and toys in the boxes at the Wicked twister and Raptor slow down the progress. Gatekeeper has "small" boxes in the station. This forces everyone too rent a locker, or leave the larger items along the beach fence. Considering Rougarou is a floorless roller coaster,dose anyone believe this will be the case for the ride?

Considering that they have to widen the opening in the floor to accommodate the wider trains (meaning that without expanding the footprint of the station, the floor space will be reduced), I would be surprised if loose articles were permitted on Rougarou.

Brandon

They drained the lagoon.

https://twitter.com/BryanEdwardsCP/status/532977476851732480/photo/1

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

And you can see a section of track missing on the right side of the photo. Unless that's the transfer track and its moved over

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

Lets hope that Rougarou has the same policy as Gatekeeper: you cannot bring your "stuff" onto the platform.

I'm really hoping that they go all out with new fog, lighting, and structures that interact with the ride and utilize the lagoon.

Thabto said:
They drained the lagoon.

https://twitter.com/BryanEdwardsCP/status/532977476851732480/photo/1

Looks like they forgot to paint a part of the transfer track as a part is still yellow. :p

Last edited by CPboy77,

^ Surrounding the brakes which are to be replaced, yes..

Edit: Now I see what you're talking about. Not sure if it was missed or if they're not bothering with it. They might have simply overlooked it with the transfer on the course. Sorry, thought you were talking about the brakes as I recently saw those were still unpainted.

Last edited by topthrilldragster4lyf,

Death to the New Zealand mud snails! Rest in peace Apple snails.

Did they move the main track to the transfer area for painting?

Bluestreaker said:
Lets hope that Rougarou has the same policy as Gatekeeper: you cannot bring your "stuff" onto the platform.

That's the whole meaning of life; trying to find a place for your stuff.

^^ The transfer track was likely moved primarily to remove the trains.

Besides one or two new track segments, tunnel, and a swamp/marsh replacing the lagoon on our list of best expectations, what is the reality for Rugarou?

1. Fog.

2. New lights.

3. Wolf howl on the lift hill and sounds of being stalked along the track?

4. A snarling Rougarou at the figure eight?

5. Some new vegetation for the lagoon.

I don't know what i expected from Gatekeeper, but i knew what to expect from Maverick being placed in the frontier area .

Last edited by Ripped Tattoo,

Wha.... what new track?

(S)he probably either thought that the transfer track would be replaced or where the magnetic brakes would be added. I don't think that adding magnetic brakes would require track replacement. They just bolt down a few magnets on the track.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

topthrilldragster4lyf said:

^^ The transfer track was likely moved primarily to remove the trains.

I know that, they did that a couple days after Mantis closed. I was just confused of why they moved it when there isn't any trains there to take off?

Last edited by Shawn Meyer,

Because they moved it to unload trains and, having no trains to load, had no reason to move it back..?

Gatekeeper would have been perfect with an unload platform. I was there 4 times this year and the worst thing about Gatekeeper was how often I would wait for 2 trains to dispatch while that vest would did into my collar bones. At least I quickly learned to press forward on the shoulder harness so it wouldn't tighten up while riding.
Having people unload and load in one side just causes too much congestion.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service