Rides that might be removed in the next few years

it think thunder canyon will be removed in 1-2 years. in the summer it has short lines even on hot days when snrf and str have 30 or 45 minute waits. also, because it takes up a big are of land that that's valuable for a future roller coaster.

^^ I agree. A GCI wooden coaster could fit there nicely. Frontier Trail needs more rides anyway.

While you guys want coaster after coaster, getting rid of CP's variety of different rides is not a good idea. Plenty of people ride Thunder Canyon, to remove it for a coaster would be the wrong move. Besides, how would replacing one ride with another give you more rides? Frontier Trail isn't about rides anyway and doesn't need more rides to water down the ambiance of the Trail.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

My kids love Thunder Canyon.

I always wonder where people get the baseless nonsense they put in these types of threads. The train has short waits too; that coming out in the next 1-2 years as well?

Girl: "l want to ride that yellow one again... Twisted Wicker"
Me: "It's a roller coaster, not a broken clothes hamper."

Thunder Canyon has short waits because it has a very high capacity...

2012: Gemini/Mean Streak
2013: Co-Team Leader of Gemini/Maverick on Halloweekends Fridays
2014: Ride Supervisor of Thunder Canyon/Skyride/GateKeeper on Halloweekends Fridays
2015: Ride Supervisor of Rougarou

^^

The train does take up a lot of room. Imagine the out-and back coaster you could fit in if you took out the train. :)

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

The train will not be removed for a long time. It’s a great fit for the park.

There's no reason to remove CP & LE Railroad. It's a park icon, it efficiently moves guests back and forth from Frontiertown to the Main Midway and it's a great family ride.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

I thought the smiley made it obvious, sorry. {SARCASM ALERT} ^^^post [/SARCASM ALERT]

Last edited by Captain Hawkeye,

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

I would be most displeased with the removal of Thunder Canyon. Frankly, what I'd like to see is Dinosaurs Alive get shipped elsewhere and an awesome people-eater family coaster take over as the heart of that area. The station could be on Millennium Island and the coaster could be a sort of out n back moderate airtime machine, hopping/criss-crossing along a large u-shaped footprint over the bottom half of the lagoon. Why not a less intense and maybe longer Mega-Lite for everyone? Call it Puddle Jumper!!

Ok, so this is a ridiculous fantasy of mine, but look at the map! There's a lot of space in that U...

Last edited by firewalk13,

First Coaster: Matterhorn Bob Sleds
Favorite Ride: Blue Streak

I also would be displeased if Thunder Canyon was removed. Its my favorite of the 3 water rides because of the short lines, allowing 3-4 rides in the time you'd be waiting for SRF or STR. And I find it entertaining watching the other guests reactions when they get hit by one of the falls

I still say why do people jump on these removal ride bandwagons...like right now for Kings Island everyones like, oh hey remove vortex put in a B&M floorless, ect. ect..

If it's there, and it's running, and people are riding and enjoying it frequently, let it be and have fun with it.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

I think people want rides removed because they don't like them. If I don't like a ride, I don't want it to be taken out because I know there are people who do enjoy it. Most people hate Mean Streak and want it to be torn down, but I actually enjoy it. I rode in 2005 and thought I would never ride it again because my neck hurt for 3 days after riding it, and after being told it was retracked, I gave it a second chance and now I ride it every time I go. I don't like STR but I don't want it taken out.

If I hear anyone mention removal of these rides again: CP LE railroad, mine ride, thunder canyon, snake river, iron dragon, corkscrew or kiddie kingdom, I am going to explode! :)

those rides are perfect rides/ areas for kids who are not ready for the bigger rides, but want something to enjoy as a transition ride.

Skyhawk is not going anywhere just because it has a crippled arm, and snake river falls is a great ride, IMO, when it actually GETS hot out :)

If they remove CP and LE, I will officially stop coming to the park :(

now corkscrew- I wish to see it smoothed out somehow, but don't remove it, it's a classic looping ride that's great for beginners.

I would really like to see Kiddy Kingdom receive a facelift. A lot of the rides there are extremely outdated, and really need removed, or updated. They have so much space to branch out and make a really nice children's area.

2010: Millennium Force & Mantis
2011: Raptor
2012: Raptor, Sky Ride and Wicked Twister
2013: Co-Team Leader of Sky Ride
2014: Supervisor of Slingshot/Skyscraper

I think eventually KK will get something considering how Camp Snoopy is kinda getting it and now with GCA gone...only time will tell though. They do need to keep the carousel regardless if they take care of that area, pretty nifty little carousel they have over there

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

I think the back corner of Kingdom with Krazy Kars, Tubs, and the Carousel could stay. I don't think they really need five hampton rides in one area, one maybe two, but beyond that...

2010: Millennium Force & Mantis
2011: Raptor
2012: Raptor, Sky Ride and Wicked Twister
2013: Co-Team Leader of Sky Ride
2014: Supervisor of Slingshot/Skyscraper

The overall mentality of these rides mentioned to be removed based on not being exciting anymore to a certain audiance is ridiculous. Not for little kids just starting out on roller coasters and other thrill rides, like the rest of us were in early life.

The days of CP adding a new coaster every couple years are long gone. It's a business, not an RCT scenario.

What is wrong with Kiddie Kingdom?? My kids love riding the rides in KK. 2 of my kids are too small to ride anything in Planet or Camp Snoopy right now so KK works beautifully for them. I know my kids could care less if those rides came from the 1950's, 1970's or 2013. They are kids, they don't know the difference. As long as the rides are running, they are happy.

Cedar Point, Americas rip- rockin', high flyin', sky defyin', record breakin' roller coast

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service