Rides that might be removed in the next few years

I think the thread kind of moved over the idea of new Texas giant treatment on mean streak but I'm picking it back up! In my opinion millenium force (even though it is my second favorite coaster) does not hold a candle to the new texas giant. When I rode mean streak for the first time I didn't hate it like so many posters seem to, but I was still disappointed because the potential for the ride is HUGE but has not been taken advantage of. The overbanked turns could be made even more intense, the lift and size of coaster could translate into steel, when the course "doubles back" under itself could incorporate similar tunnels to the giants.. The location of the ride being realitivily remote would make construction on an already existing structure less difficult and the area is showcased by the train making it prime for a major attraction. I think the mean streak is the absolute perfect canidate to become the first rockey mountain cedar fair project.

Ouch, just reading that.

I also think that Mean Streak would be awesome with a Rocky Mountain redo.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

They need to face reality that Mean Streak gets no love because of the pain and something has to be done about it.

I have a question, though. Would a premanufactured retracking make any difference in this ride such as in how El Toro was constructed? I've read that the woodies that have been prefabricated are a lot smoother because it is more precise. I just wonder if something like that can be done, so they can keep it wooden rather than a hybrid.

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

I don't believe so because I think the pieces on a pre fab are designed to interlock from the beginning like puzzle pieces.. So you could still get the track part together but I think the track is also designed to fit into the structure differently than simply laying the new track on the old structure. As for the "pain factor" I actually thought blue streak was much worse. Mean streak was so slow it was pretty boring.

3snoH un=l said:
They need to face reality that Mean Streak gets no love because of the pain and something has to be done about it.

Historically-speaking (based on previously-published data), the ride gets plenty of love, in terms of ridership.

Brandon

^ Yikes! I remember even 15 years ago, waiting for the ride, which was practically walk-on then, my brother and I standing in line and laughing about all the returning riders because nobody was smiling, everyone always looked like they'd been through a war.

913girl, that makes sense, I wondered if it were at all possible but perhaps costly. I remember reading here some time back that long thread about Mean Streak and the many problems with how it was designed, too. I guess I shouldn't also suggest a conversion of the half working Windseeker into a Super Space Spiral either! :P

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

djDaemon said:

3snoH un=l said:

Historically-speaking (based on previously-published data), the ride gets plenty of love, in terms of ridership.

Yes, and many of those riders are newbies to the park who have never ridden mean streak, and refer to it as THE mean streak ;)

We need to get The Tony to correct the new guests :P

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Just for fun, I've created a timeline of what I would like to see the park do within the next few years, But I've also tried to make it realistic and based on several rumors I've heard.

2014: New dark ride in the Pirate Ride building.

2015: Corkscrew is demolished along with Gold Dorms and the other buildings in this area. Wardrobe, maintenance, etc. would be moved off point. A new family coaster would be built, and it would have corkscrews over the midway as a tribute to Corkscrew.

2016: Cedar Dorms removed, Perimeter Road shifted, and a new midway is added to connect the area near Blue Streak to Celebration plaza. Maybe a wild mouse coaster and a flat ride could be added.

2017: More attention to the Blue Strea area and new midway. The calyspso cars and (maybe) cadillac cars are removed and this is the year we see our next big coaster. I don't care what it is.

Like I said, this is just what I'd WANT to see happen, but who knows what actually will.

And I'd also want to see MS get the rocky mounatin treatment, but not sure where that would fit in to my timeline. I give all the head peeps credit. They have a tough job of deciding what to go and what comes out.

Last edited by Ride On_17,

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum

I think this would be a cool ride to have, even though it's a Vekoma. And add a few more inversions and elements and it would be an even better ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA4_BjmHzAM

thrillsawait.weebly.com

^They aren't going to be moving all maintenance functions away from that which needs to be maintained. Lets employ some common sense here. The car dealership was purchased to house off season refurbishment, not the entirety of the maintenance department.

Last edited by We-o-we-oooo,

Girl: "l want to ride that yellow one again... Twisted Wicker"
Me: "It's a roller coaster, not a broken clothes hamper."

I think they should remove one of the car rides, tear down Cedars and realign the perimeter road.

I'd also like to see Cedar Creek go, it used to be one of my favorites, but last time I was there two weeks ago, it just didn't seem fun anymore. I'd like to see a new coaster take it's place.

I also don't care so much for Challenge park, they could put all that stuff off-site and free up more space.

Thabto said:

I also don't care so much for Challenge park, they could put all that stuff off-site and free up more space.

That would be a bad idea, all the resorts are on-site.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

I don't care for Corkscrew that much anymore, the seats feel kind of weird, but my kids both love it and it'sa great stepping stone to ease the young ones into going upside down. Mine Ride is nice and mellow for the younger ones. Personally I enjoy Mean Streak so long as I know when to say when. My 10 year old is in love with the thing and will ride it over and over. There have been so many big changes lately and rides taken out to make room for new that I think they can leave the park pretty much as is for a few years and it would be fine.

We-o-we-oooo said:
^They aren't going to be moving all maintenance functions away from that which needs to be maintained. Lets employ some common sense here. The car dealership was purchased to house off season refurbishment, not the entirety of the maintenance department.

Well its not crazy to think that it could happen. For the most part, the majority of what is kept in the large Maint building could be moved off point without disrupting operations. Painters, Plumbers, Landscaping, Welding Shop, Vehicle Maint. and Laborers could all be moved off point without anything shutting down or ceasing operation at the park. Ride Maint could stay but even then, their main work shops could still be off point because there isn't a dire need to work on a ride vehicle AT the park. If the park wants the space where Maint sits, they are going to take it.

Thabto said:

IMO, getting rid of Challenge Park would be a bad idea. I do, however think that the Go-Kart track could use a renovation. The current layout is good (and well-kept), but looks like a sea of concrete sometimes.

Track is fine, needs faster cars...it's too boring to me haha...

Ride On_17 said:

2015: Corkscrew is demolished along with Gold Dorms and the other buildings in this area. Wardrobe, maintenance, etc. would be moved off point. A new family coaster would be built, and it would have corkscrews over the midway as a tribute to Corkscrew.

2016: Cedar Dorms removed, Perimeter Road shifted, and a new midway is added to connect the area near Blue Streak to Celebration plaza. Maybe a wild mouse coaster and a flat ride could be added.

2017: More attention to the Blue Strea area and new midway. The calyspso cars and (maybe) cadillac cars are removed and this is the year we see our next big coaster. I don't care what it is.

I don't see your 2015 happening at all but....I do see parts of your 2016 and 2017 happening in 15'. Just my opinion.

Corkscrew needs to not go for quite awhile. It's iconic, great coaster for kids, enthusiast wise it's got a great pop of airtime when you ride in the right seats. Plus it's special to me :P

Besides there are other things that I believe could be improved/moved/removed to make room for future expansion or renovating an area.

Think this way, they added gatekeeper to bring people over to that area of the park. So for future expansion think where the park isn't busy or where people aren't lingering or doing things, that's where they put things in. If you think it's happened every year. Maverick, bring guests to the back, Maxair, bring people around the midway, TTD bring guests to the park :P.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service