which rides hurt your head?

I went on alpenheist at bush gardens and it literally killed my head. Is raptor like that? Also, hurler at kings dominion was real bad. (But I loved the other wooden one, rebel yell) how are the wooden coasters at cedar point?

Thanks in advance.

the only one that hurts more then i wuld like is the Mean Streak, its just so rough, even when they fixed it up last year. Does not stop me from hitting it once in a while.

Mean Streak is very uncomfortable to ride! I would say most other rides are great!! Raptor is an awesome ride but I would recommend front row for it & Mantis as Mantis can be a bit rough towards the end of the ride. Most the other rides I usually sit in the back for airtime lol

2013: Maverick, Mine Ride, Skyhawk, Snake River Falls
2014: Team Leader of Snake River Falls

I hate Corkscrew

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

Thank you all for the info.

Mean Streak can be rough on the body,depending upon which train,which seat, & weather conditions. It is called MEAN streak. I ride it whenever I can. Mantis is rough on the ears and neck(hard aged cushions). Maverick can be rough on the head and neck if you're not prepared for the turns...Corkscrew I don't ride anymore,get too beat-up. I never had a rough ride on Raptor.

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

Mean Streak is the worst when it comes to roughness. Even with the track work that has been recently done on it, it's still pretty rough. I'd say Corkscrew is the next worse. The worst part about it is actually going through the corkscrews since that's the roughest part of the ride. Raptor isn't rough, you just get whipped around at times. Same for Maverick, it's a really smooth coaster but due to the restraints and quick turns of the layout, sometimes your head hids the over-the-shoulder restraints. I'd definitely recommend riding it since it's my 2nd favorite coaster at the park, but if I were you, I would hold on to the restraints about shoulder level. In addition to this, if possible, try to lean into the turns. As long as I do thes things and keep my head pressed against the back of the seat, I don't have a problem with Maverick.

Also, on Wicked Twister your head may hit the restraints a little when you spiral up the towers, but it's nothing to worry about. Be sure to go on all of these since they are great rides (well, maybe not Mean Streak and Corkscrew) but the others are really fun. If you're interested in the smoothest coaster, it's by far Millennium Force.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Agreed Millennium Force is the smoothest and best ride in the park, at least for now. I'm hoping they get rid of mean streak soon because they could fit 2 average rollercoasters or a large one in its place. Just not an enjoyable ride at all.

^Yeah, I agree. I know there are still some people out there who don't want it to leave, but I want it to be gone soon. As long as it is replaced with a new woodie (preferably a Rocky Mountain or an Intamin like El Toro) I would love for it to be taken out. I rarely ride it, and would much rather see a new, far improved woodie in its place.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum

Actually, I can see them doing that here directly. Hopefully one like outlaw run!

Outlaw run looks awesome, so I'd love for the park to get something like that.

Regarding the topic of ride roughness/smoothness, I have a feeling that GateKeeper will be one of the park's smoothest coasters. It will be interesting to compare it to see if it can be as smooth or even smoother than Millennium.

thrillsawait.weebly.com

I'd rather see mean streak given the New Texas Giant treatment than torn down. It would fix everything and make it one of the best coasters in the park.

Demon Drop 2004
Castaway Bay Lifeguard 04-05

the mantis really hurts head :-(

^agreed

It's not my head that I'm concerned with Mantis hurting.

Demon Drop 2004
Castaway Bay Lifeguard 04-05

Mean Streak if sitting in a wrong position / seat (90% of the time) it will give you a headache.

Corkscrew has gotten bad recently, but if you know how to ride it, it's not a problem.

Raptor, is smooth. Just before the final brake run tho, hold on or lean forward. That's the only part that may make your head jolt.

Otherwise the rest are perfectly fine. But you can avoid them all if you want to make the lines smaller ;)

I agree it's all in how you ride. Hold on and look ahead to anticipate the turns and you will be ok.

May The Millennium Force Be With You!

How does looking ahead save your back from getting pounded into the seat on Mean Streak?

Coaster Curt said:
How does looking ahead save your back from getting pounded into the seat on Mean Streak?

I always have a blast riding Mean Streak with Eyes closed.

Coaster Curt said:

it might not prevent it altogether, however you can reduce the level of impact by knowing where and when to position your body.

May The Millennium Force Be With You!

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service