Shoot the Rapids Commercial

First of all, Tony I know you read this blog.... :-)

Second, Wouldn't it be great to have some Pointbuzz represention in the Shoot the Rapids Commercial? I applied to be in the commercial, so hopefully, I'll get a call soon.

Comment below to let Tony know that pointbuzz needs to be represented, (and I'm the right person for the "job")

BTW, my name is Justin O'Brien, and my telephone number is begins 810-543-XXXX (just so Tony knows who's posting this)

I'm too sexy for my harness!

I applied as well! Saturday night actually. Would absolutely love to get a phone call! :)

Last edited by Corkscrew Headache,
4 summers of employment in ride operations does stuff to you.

I was in the Raptor Commercial back in 2002!

They did a Raptor commercial in 2002?

Yea, I'm not sure if the public was solicited for the raptor commercial. I worked at CP in 2002, and they solicited employees. In fact we ended up getting paid. In a 2 hour time period, I rode raptor 17 times without getting off. They would stop the ride only to freshen up the main actors makeup. (They used professional actors for the front seats)

Sounds like a lot of fun! :)

I applied too! I really hope I can get in! It would be amazing to be in a commercial for my favorite amusement park! Im happy to represent Pointbuzz and I hope to see you both there if i make it!

Last edited by raptor2417,

What? This is Top Thrill!?!?!? I thought I was riding Iron Dragon!!

How exactly do you guys plan to "represent" Pointbuzz?

Secondly, have you checked with the owners of Pointbuzz to find out if they even want you representing them?

Goodbye MrScott

John

and how are you sure that they'll be calling?

you both made good points... it isn't a 100% guarantee that any of us will be in the commercial but if any of us do then it's a great opportunity to take.

Well, it's not the fact that I'll be "representing" pointbuzz. It's more the idea that pointbuzz has brought a lot of positive publicity for the park, and it would be nice if one of pointbuzz's 1000's of fans was chosen. I guess representing was a poorly chosen word. But, I can't think of a better word...lol.

I was just chosen. Received an email from promotions and advertising. Anyone else get selected? I've never done anything like this before so it should be interesting and exciting.

I was just selected too! Im so excited I cant wait to be a part of this!

I hope you arent expecting non stop rides, shooting for a commercial or anything is a LONG (and sometimes boring) process! Lots of down time!

Although I will admit just being part of it would be a blast!

Jo
Lifetime Raptor flights: 2030 :)

It's all about getting around the barrels, or over the fences, right leads, no faults, fastest time and looking pretty when done. What's so hard about that?

HOT DANG!!! I GOT CHOSEN TOO!!!!

campfreak06 said:
pointbuzz's 1000's of fans was chosen

That's the thing. A fair portion of PointBuzz users are the same hardcore park fans that are attracted to these opportunities. That alone usually means you'll find at least one PointBuzz involved in an event like this.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

I will also be at the commercial shoot on Wednesday. Looking forward to possibly meeting some of you there. If any of you folks that I know are going, I'm still looking for someone to possibly split a hotel room with tomorrow night. Send me a direct message if your interested.

I would just drive up Wednesday morning, but leaving Pittsburgh at 3:30 AM didn't sound like a good way to start the day :)

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

I've been selected to be in it but I'm not sure if my boss will let me have that day off and work friday instead.

Last edited by cbrendan502,

2007 trips=39..08 trips=47..09 trips=79
maverick rides=143
dragster rollbacks=27

Josh, I know what you mean, I gotta leave from an hour north of detroit at 3:30 as well. I don't have money for a hotel room though. :-(

I'll be there. I live in Louisville, and will be pulling out of the driveway at 4:00 am.

Maybe they can turn on the new dryer for us. It's going to be a little bit chilly at 6:00 am.

Promoter of fog.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service