Opening Weekend '09

Well its just about the time of year when this kind of thread would pop up on the forums. So will you be at the Point from the 15-17th and if you are coming what should we plan on doing. The real question though is will there be a cake?

Disaster Transport 2012

I'll be there the 16th til the 24th.

2007 trips=39..08 trips=47..09 trips=79
maverick rides=143
dragster rollbacks=27

I'll be there!!! 101 days to go. Is ejh1701 going to post the usual 100 more day thread tomorrow?

Terror Island Screamster 08', 09', 10', 11'

Guess not. Ok...100 more days!!! Now time will evidently slow down.

Planning on being there as long as I don't get a job a GL because they open the same day. Hopefully GL calls me in a couple weeks because if they don't I'll have to hurry to get my Platinum Pass

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

According to Wildwater Kingdom's web site, its first day of operation is Saturday, May 23rd:

http://www.wildwaterfun.com/public/hours/

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Yes, Yes, Yes! Now I can go. Thank You!

Visual Scan!

:)

I'm hoping to go on Sunday the 17th -- should have much lighter crowds.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

I will be staying at breakers tower with 5 other people. gotta love breakers on opening weekend.

Firemen never die, they just burn forever in the hearts of the people whose lives they saved

This is my first time going to opening day, What's with the cake?

Last edited by pointperson,

Visual Scan!

I will be there on Sunday May 24th, celebrating my birthday 4 days early with friends.

52 more days everyone! Can't wait!

Coaster H.Q: 2007-2012
@CoasterHQ

Yeah! Can't wait either. Is there talk of a PointBuzz gathering this year?

Those have sadly seemed to died. We tried last year but it wasn't like years before.
I even made an awesome sign for the occasion.
http://photos-e.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v283/234/41/12579001...0_6970.jpg

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Cool sign... Nerd :)

I may be there this year for opening day or at least a day of opening weekend. I'm scheduled to be on vacation until that weekend, but I may not make it home in time.

It looks better up close.:)

I cannot believe how close opening weekend is. I was just reading the OnPoint blogs. I have been pretty busy lately, and the last time I got a chance to catch up on them was in February.

I read the "Sure signs of spring" blog, and I cannot believe that they are already putting the trains back on the coasters! I swear it seems that it was just a few weeks ago that they were taking them off for the winter.

Time flies way too fast these days. I remember when I was younger the off season seemed to take forever. Now it is over in a blink of an eye.

"You wanna, you gotta, you hafta hold on, Cedar Point...HOLD ON!"

I'm glad I've graduated. The off season in school was horrible. But the off season with a full time job makes it go by MUCH quicker.

I will definitely be going the first two days that la park is open. I am looking forward to this year even though there isn't anything big this year.

ask me for my facebook.

Yeah I'll be there on Saturaday can't wait. Does anyone think that they will have a ribbon cutting ceromony or something along the lines of that for Magnum?

Coaster H.Q: 2007-2012
@CoasterHQ

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service