Raptor VS. Alpengeist-(battle on Lake Erie): poem

Very nice TTD! Hopefully the 158 days go by fast... I'm ready to go with my first Season Pass (gonna try for at least 10 visits, beats only 3 a year..)

I certainly hope this 158 days goes by fast. I'm already sick of winter :\

And I completely forgot about this thread again haha. Needless to say I was pretty surprised when I saw that I had already posted in it. Happy December everybody.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Someone has way too much time on his hands.

Great poem Adam! I remember coming across this thread a couple of months ago and wondering if it would be resurrected again this year. Happy Winter everyone! :)

"You wanna, you gotta, you hafta hold on, Cedar Point...HOLD ON!"

^^I don't think so.....I seem to make good use of my time. And no, it's not spent all day on the computer.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Shades said:
I guess I am the anti-RaceRinger. Having ridden all of those the one that I think gives Raptor a challenge is Fire. The rest just don't cut it. I had hopes for Afterburn but it seemed like it just quit about 2/3 of the way through it.

I think what kills Raptor is the section between the 2 corkscrews at the end. It's just slow, almost completely straight track. The helix at the end is phenominal, but that whole boring section in the 2nd half just kinda knocks it down a notch for me. Afterburn has the camelback over the station that kills the intensity (but has a great helix ending), Alpengeist ends rather slowly, Montu has a slower 2nd half, and Talon just rips your face off from beginning to end. I think midcourse breaks ruin a good invert.

^ If the brakes are used, yes. Montu and Alpengeist slow down to a crawl in their MCBRs - Raptor flies through. And the "boring" part of Raptor lasts for what... 2 maybe 3 seconds? Raptor is one ride that gets more and more fun for me every time I ride it, just like Magnum. I love its intensity, unlike any new B&M inverts **coughsilverbulletcough**

I love seeing this poem year after year! I remember taking it into my freshmen English class eight years ago for an assignment! Happy Holidays, everyone!

Californian in Ohio
'10 - TL Magnum XL-200
'09 - ATL Top Thrill Dragster
'08 - Magnum / Corkscrew crews
'07 - maXair / Magnum crews
'06 - Wicked Twister / Skyride / Millennium Force crews

TTD 120mph, I think kylepark might have been referring to me with that wise crack. Ha Ha

Anyway gang ... I don't know what coasters you've been riding (imposters with fake names apparently), but the poem doesn't lie. And since I created it (from a true eye witness account I might add), I'm the one that gets to decide which one is the best. Out of the a formentioned inverts, The best of the bunch is (Drum roll) ......... By an ever so slight edge over Raptor... Montu ! I too have been on them all and Montu is the winner. Any coaster that dangles you just barely over 2 live alligators as your leaving the station has got be the best. Plus when you factor in the theming, speed and inersions(7) which is the most of them all, you have your champion. Sorry, but the others were just lucky to crack the top 10.

I was super before Superstew was cool! Get Some!!

The alligators haven't been there for quite a while. I've ridden Raptor several more times than Montu (probably about 5 on Montu this past February) and while Montu was good, I would choose Raptor. I wasn't a huge fan of the theming on Montu.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

The poem was great, but everyone is wrong! Alpengeist reminds me of Raptor and a hyper coaster combined. Its got the height, drop, speed through the entire ride(except for the brake run, but you have a 80ft drop following), and the inversions on Alpengeist definintely pack a meaner punch! I mean the airtime on the first inversion should be illegal, and then going through the vertical loop and cobra roll at 60+ mph is insane. The only problem with Alpengeist is the ending which I will admit is weak, but my adrenaline is still pumping from being whipped through the massive cobra roll. I believe it would have to be the largest cobra roll in the world! Anyone know of a cobra roll bigger? And on the subject of Montu... not even close to either Raptor or Alpengeist. So in my eyes Alpengiest is king, #2 Rapter, #3 Montu, #4 Talon... has anyone had the chance to ride Nemesis? I'm sure that ride is up there...

Apparently some of you just aren't getting it. This is not a debate ! There is no BCS controversy here about who is #1 and who is #2. It was decided on the field so to speak which I personally oversaw and reported. Raptor beat and beats Alpengeist ... Period ! Alpengeist for its size and height, pulls up way to short. It cannot and did not win or can ever be the best from that stand point alone. And when you throw all the inverteds in the mix, Montu, by an eyelash gets the nod. End of story.

Last edited by Superstew,

You heard him, folks. The story has ended ;)

Californian in Ohio
'10 - TL Magnum XL-200
'09 - ATL Top Thrill Dragster
'08 - Magnum / Corkscrew crews
'07 - maXair / Magnum crews
'06 - Wicked Twister / Skyride / Millennium Force crews

Til next year that is...

You love it ! :)

Man, how I missed the poem. Thanks to whoever resurrected it.

-Evan Hendrick

Well adidas .. As advertised - the reason Raptor rules the sky !!

djDaemon .. Hope I'm not being pointlessly cryptic or self-aggrandizing with this :)

Last edited by Super Stew,

I was super before Super Stew was cool !

And with that, Winter has officially arrived! Thanks Superstew.

Is it that time of year already? :)

"You wanna, you gotta, you hafta hold on, Cedar Point...HOLD ON!"

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

That was really cool. Good job.

Let's Get Weird.

I guess I'll go ahead and make another poem to keep my brain juices flowin.

The air is cold and it's not fun
No more lines to wait in
And no more watching Bob run

The point is closed, what a pain!
Why cant it be year round?
Riding in winter is perfectly sane

Alas that dream can never be
We need this break for R&R
Drink some coco and stay merry

The coasters are there to stay
Except for Demon Drop
Leaving, much to our dismay

It will be missed by its fans
The sights and sounds gone
Taken down by ADENA hands

Fear not for this might be good
Something nice might go in there
Like a place for over priced food

Whatever it may be they decide
We'll be there to criticize
Especially if it's a ride

Sit tight and enjoy the view
From the STR webcam that is
A water ride we need and it's new!

Will we get wet or stay dry?
This question sure has been asked
And Tony has said not to cry

It opens in May for the new season
Same with the flats and coasters
At the place we have the most fun

It may be cold and miserable out
So buckle down and try to relax
We don't want to hear you pout

The 5 months will go by quick
And that goes without sayin
Till you can ride the Maverick ;)

Are you ready for the park with the most?!
Keep your arms down, head back, and hold on!
Only 150+ days till Americas Roller Coaster!

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service