News: Hooters to join Cedar Point food lineup

SANDUSKY, Ohio, April 1, 2007 – Cedar Point amusement park/resort, voted the "Best Amusement Park in the World" for a record nine consecutive years, has announced plans for a new Hooters Restaurant to debut this summer at the historic amusement park/resort. Located on the Main Midway on the site of the former Johnny Rockets, Hooters will treat guests to an award-winning menu and a full-service bar, all in a relaxed atmosphere.

The new Hooters Restaurant will feature the socially acceptable Hooters Girls, and a casual beach-theme with an "oldies" jukebox music, sports on television, and a menu that includes seafood, sandwiches, salads and spicy chicken wings. Details on the audition process to become a Cedar Point Hooters Girl will be announced at a later date.

Hooters of America, Inc. is the Atlanta-based operator and franchiser of over 435 Hooters locations in 46 states, Argentina, Aruba, Austria, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Costa Rica, England, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Mexico, Peru, Singapore, Switzerland, Taiwan, Trinidad and Venezuela. The privately held corporation owns 120 units.

Hooters joins Maverick as a new attraction for the 2007 season. Situated on 5.5 acres between the Mean Streak roller coaster and Thunder Canyon water ride, Maverick will be Cedar Point’s 17th coaster, more scream machines than any park in the world. Throughout the 2-minute, 30-second ride, passengers will experience eight “airtime-filled hills,” three inversions and two launches, including one through a dark tunnel that will leave them in awe as they reach speeds of 70 mph!

“We can’t wait for the 2007 season to get underway,” said John Hildebrandt, vice president and general manager of Cedar Point. “In addition to our new roller coaster, we now have a terrific place for the entire family to grab a drink and eat some wings. Our goal this season is to make Cedar Point more fun than ever for our guests, which includes a large number of men.”

Cedar Point will be open daily Saturday, May 12 through Labor Day, Sept. 2. The park will then reopen for a Bonus Weekend on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 7-9. Cedar Point’s 11th annual HalloWeekends event will take place on Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays, Sept. 15-7, 21-23, 38-30, Oct. 5-7, 12-14, 19-21 and 26-28.

For more information about Hooters, Maverick, or to purchase tickets online, guests can log on to www.cedarpoint.com or call the park’s general information line at 419.627.2350.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

WOOHOO!!!

I think that Hooters actually has good food and I'll frequent there.

As long as this story is true and not an April Fools Day joke! ;)

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

This is one of the better april fools jokes I have seen yet today. Thanks Walt for making my morning.

Nyuk, nyuk.

Still one of the best AFD stories I've seen today.

2003 - Wicked Twister
2004 - Wicked Twister/Top Thrill Dragster

Nice one Walt although it would have been more believable it you would have posted it like a normal news story.

Fight the Shapers . . . Join the Resistance . . .
Save Humanity!

That's awesome, Walt :)

Jeff Young

Now if it were only true . . . :)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Damn!

I was like "SWEET! HOOTERS!" and then I looked at the calendar icon on my desktop and it says April 1st.

Oh well. It would be cool!

-Greg
2005 (Award Winning!) Games Department.

Currently on tour: Who knows where

Will there be any Fascination tables in there?

Dan

You had me for awhile there. :)

<Matt>
101 on Magnum and counting...

As I read the article I was like NO way! But the tryouts would have been entertaining! Might as well be a coyote ugly (would fit the Johnny Rockets danicing style), but I guess that could be by Maverick!

2004,2005 Food Services
2006 One Long visit

"...socially acceptable Hooters Girls"

That gave me a good laugh. BTW, if you Google that phrase, you'll find precisely zero occurrences.

Hey, I heard a rumor that Top Thrill Dragster is sinking...

Those Ladies better wear Hair Nets LOL if you get what I mean!!!

Thanks Walt and The Green Train Appeared

RIP MR.SCOTT The ONLY MAYOR OF LIGHTHOUSE

Wow, that made my day. I almost forgot todday is April 1st.

Good one Walt!

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I had to tell my Girlfriend and she was then like going to Boycott Cedar Point!!! which means Im was banned as well..cause you know where I would be!!
*** Edited 4/1/2007 6:53:05 PM UTC by Cedar Point Man***

RIP MR.SCOTT The ONLY MAYOR OF LIGHTHOUSE

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

I guess they put in what I asked for in the Chick-Fil-A topic! ;)

Let's Get Weird.

So much for them NOT listening to what the general public wants.

-Justin
EMT-Acadian Ambulance
Twitter
Blogger

^are you serious? Tell me you're not serious.

Owner, Gould Photography.

Walt, you are a booger.

I actually fell for this and called my brother and Mom to tell them about this.

I'm an arse.

MrScott

Mayor, Lighthouse Point

^ LOL!!! That's hysterical.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service