WindSeeker Closed

I think WindSeeker was a fine investment. It's a beautiful ride that opened up the beach more and Cedar Fair got them at a pretty good price. It's definitely better at Cedar Point than any of the others due to the view.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Windseeker was a great addition. It gives a great view of the park and it is just fun.

However ironic that wind is usually the reason the Windseeker is closed.

I think it's a fine ride. When I rode it, it was less exciting than I was hoping it would be, and I wish a large Starflyer (with chains) had been built instead, but I enjoy it when I do ride it.

The thing that surprises me the most is how much the height freaks out people, some of whom are not afraid of something like Millennium. In a way, I wish that magnitude of height still did something for me; I find the ride oddly calming...

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

Windseeker is a fine ride and just thrilling enough that it is a step up in fun from an observation ride. Great for everyone in the family.

Being out in the open with feet dangling that high up is pretty exhilarating (at least for me, mild fear of heights) and totally different from Millennium or Dragster where you are sitting in an enclosed vehicle.

I'm actually glad they did not put in a Starflyer, those seats look way too vulnerable to me (though I'm sure they are perfectly safe) to enjoy riding it. Great on Wave Swinger but not at the 300' level.

Last edited by Pete,

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I ride Windseeker, but I am unable to look out over to the right side when spinning. Something in my head makes me dizzy. Looking at the seat in front of me, looking straight down, or toward the tower is fine, but looking to the right messes me up.

And I can't explain it.. the ride lasts maybe 10 seconds too long for me. I am fine going up, getting to the top, but then just as I am feeling --like wait a minute, this thing is going to fall, we better start going back down-- the ride starts going back down, and I am fine again.

every single ride, about 10 times, I have gotten that same, wait a minute feeling.

GATEKEEPER-I came, I rode, I was mildly disappointed; until a second ride (rear left) put GateKeeper back on the...it's a nice ride list.

I rode Windseeker, first, at Kings Island and thought it was just ok. But when I rode it at CP a month later, it freaked me out, a little bit. The wind coming off the water makes the seats swing a whole lot more than they did on the one at KI. The wind pushed us toward the tower when on the water side and then flung us out when we were on the land side. Way more intense than I thought it was going to be.

I wouldn't be surprised to see all the Windseekers get this Evac contraption.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/482849_557969760921424_...5715_n.jpg

08 -Thunder Canyon, 09 - Maverick, 10 - Mean Streak, 11 & 12 - Mean Streak ATL, 13 - Maverick TL

Ok, so can you explain what that is and how it works? I know that Knotts has been working their ride.

There are some more pictures that show the platform in more detail on this Knott's fan Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Knotts-Network/297044153680654?fref=ts

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

If this is Mondial's idea of fixing the problem, I'd bet that these are the last rides the will sell to Cedar Fair. However, I would surmise that this was a DOSH requirement.

I didn't think WindSeeker could be any more of a wacky contraption but they somehow found a way.

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

I doubt Mondial will sell many more windseekers at all

Demon Drop 2004
Castaway Bay Lifeguard 04-05

What does the starflyer ride have in place for a mechanical failure like the windseekers are dealing with?

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

That's just it, it's not a mechanical problem, it's an operational software problem. Mechanically, for the most part, there isn't anything really wrong , other than the high wind speed issue with the outside power/controls cable conduit, which I understand they rectified.

What's wrong with this being the solution to the problem? This works just fine. It's not like Windseeker broke down that often in the first place. It just got a lot of attention when it did.

Top 5 Coasters #1 Millennium Force #2 Intimidator (Carowinds) #3 Top Thrill Dragster #4 The Beast #5 X2

Coasters I want to ride: #1 El Toro #2 Leviathan #3 The Voyager #4 I305 #5 Behemoth

It is NOT a operational software problem.

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

If this is the only solution they found, I'm pretty sure I might be avoiding Windseekers like the plague. Call me a wimp, but I really don't want to crawl out of the gondola into that cage at any height above 50 feet.

Nick

You accidentally added a zero to "5 feet"

Demon Drop 2004
Castaway Bay Lifeguard 04-05

And yet you don't seem to have a problem with the ride itself taking you to heights of nearly 300 feet.

Not logical. :)

Brandon

Haha!! Its probably not logical. I will say that I haven't had a chance to ride Windseeker yet, so I'm not sure how I would even feel locked into the seats, but that is a sense of security at least.

Nick

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service