Top Thrill Might lose its record in 2005, Possibly.

Who cares if they break the record? We win either way! If one park builds a coaster taller than TTD, and one will eventually, then another one will build a taller one and so on and so forth, the public wins here because coasters will only get taller and faster. So don't get upset if our park has its record taken away becasue in a few years theres a pretty god chance your park will steal the record back.
The only reason I care if TTD looses the record in 2005 (which it will), is to see what CP will do to get it back (hopefully in 2007). Given the parts, ground markings, and now three(3) air conditions onsite for curing cement, it is pretty certain SFGA is getting a bigger version of TTD in 2005.

Any speculation what CP will do next. Is there any truth to the rumor that CP is planning a huge coaster in 2007 to coincide with Mr. Kinsels retirement.

Tom

I doubt Six Flags will beat TTD's record. The tallest ride they've ever built was Superman: The Escape, and that isn't really a roller-coaster. It would need to be a complete curcuit like TTD. Which I don't think SF will pull off.
Well the only thing that supports it being the tallest is the fact that the supports are wider then TTD's and more massive.

I REALLY don't want a record breaker, I want a unique layout rocket with alot of airtime. A record breaker would be stupid because i don't want to ride a TTD clone thats slightly taller.

is ever one saying top thrill is a bad ride.
I don thing so evribudy loves TTG its the most greatest ride in the hole wide wurld i hope evryone gets there act togethur and realizis just how good it reeley is

Goodbye MrScott

John

I know it is a good ride
oh my...

thepoint4life23, just a real quick question. Are you really young and not too good with spelling and grammar, or are you just foreign and still working on learning english? Just wondering.

And by the way, how can you prove the supports are bigger than TTD's? Other than pictures with not much perspective you can't really tell. Before TTD was built, the yellow supports laying horizontally in the parking lot looked just as huge.

"Let's Ride!" ~ Nicholas Cage from Gone in 60 Seconds

Think about it this way, too... SFGAdv already has Batman & Robin: The Chiller. The Batman side of that ride is simply launch, tophat (inverted, granted), inline twist, then reverse... Would a L-T-B be a great idea for them? No. Could they pull it off with 400 feet less track? Yes. Eliminate the dual loading and unloading stations. replace it with a design similiar to Storm Runner's duelling stations. Personally, I could care less for a slightly taller TTD just to break the record. Now a taller rocket with a couple hills, overbanks, and the mother of all Immelmans, now that would be cool. But it ain't gonna happen with the track length listed... Someone said the supports looked like Wicked Twister's... The rumor is this will be a record breaker, maybe not the tallest coaster but the tallest and fastest Impulse? Guess we'll have to wait for the announcement.

ROUNDABOUND.

raptorman95 said:
Hey i live in Northern Ohio. Yeah it's boring during the winter sometimes unless you ski or snowboard, but their is still stuff to do.

I didn't say there's nothing to do. I just said most people don't just plan a trip to Northern Ohio. Sure there may be some bars, theaters, and museums but I doubt most of that would direct someone to plan a trip specifically to Northern Ohio. My point was that with Six Flags, you're usually in that area for other reasons and you manage squeeze in a trip to the amusement park because they're typically close to major cities.

perculata said:

rockdown2g:

Especially given that we're just breaking records just for the sake of breaking records. We're not making cool roller coasters anymore, just record breaking machines.

How do you know that this coaster is going to break a record. And if it does how do you know their intentions. Last time I checked a SF park didn't have a 400 ft roller coaster. Maybe they want to please their visitors and not make them have to travel to CP to ride one. Just because SF might build a better coaster doesn't mean that they are just doin it to break records. They obviously want to make money and that requires pleasing their guests, so giving them a world class coaster is one way of doing that.

That statement in general is arrogant. You think because someone may break your record that you should discount them becuase they're just doing it to be better than you. Not everything is about Cedar Point. You have no idea what they're building and why their building it.

Actually, I think you misunderstood because I was referring to Top Thrill Dragster when I said we're just breaking records for the sake of breaking them. As many know, I consider TTD a peversion of the 400ft+ and tallest records. I'll give it the fastest just on the basis of the technology involved though. Figure out who's arguing the same point as you before you attack their statements.

CP4eva said:
oh my...

thepoint4life23, just a real quick question. Are you really young and not too good with spelling and grammar, or are you just foreign and still working on learning english? Just wondering.

And by the way, how can you prove the supports are bigger than TTD's? Other than pictures with not much perspective you can't really tell. Before TTD was built, the yellow supports laying horizontally in the parking lot looked just as huge.

I have seen both supports laying in the lot, Not only does the SF one have more bolts, But it looks much more MASSIVE then TTD's.

How massive the supports are depend on where they are going on the structure. Are you sure you are comparing supports meant for the same place on the ride?

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Pete said:
How massive the supports are depend on where they are going on the structure. Are you sure you are comparing supports meant for the same place on the ride?

Ya, The bottom piece for the tower that goes into the footer. Its pretty hard to mix that up.... This piece is larger then TTD's bottom piece...

http://amusementpics.com/Pictures/July_31_D.jpg

I am saying this honestly. Not just because Im a hardcore CP fan but, those supprts do not look as large as TTDs. But I could be wrong you just cant tell at this point so we should just stop arguing about it.

"Thats when friends were nice, to think of them just makes you feel nice"

www.xtremecoasters.com

There's a pic on the home page of a possible layout for the coaster. I don't know how they know this, but it can't possibly be taller than TTD. This suggested layout has 2 tophats, along with a large over-banked turn. I don't think it will be any higher than 250 ft, at the most, if Xtremecoasters is correct.

Possible layout according to the Lemon Chill Guy? You don't post something like that without attributing it to something.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Im not sure if any one has said this,

but I love how Six Flags takes advantage of their empty car lots by putting multi million doller coasters on them.

Anyway... stop doing "This support looks bigger from the picture, oh no! TTD is gonna lose its record"

The coaster world has twists and new innovations in it alot, so just because this piece is bigger then that or whatever, it probably doesnt mean whatever you think

Look at this in a practical way...

If the supports ARE, in fact, bigger than TTD's...

Does anyone think that perhaps Intamin is using the support structure used for TTD on other projects, and even if this new ride at SF is going to be a rocket coaster with a tophat of ANY size... that maybe they are just trying to cut back on the number of supports they need to use?

Say its only 300 feet tall, maybe they have just made the support structure similar, but much thicker than TTD's so they wont have to use as many all the way up.

I could easily be wrong, its just a thought. *** Edited 8/7/2004 3:26:03 AM UTC by Grovite18***

Well, IMO, judging by the fact that this ride will be 2,480' long, I highly doubt the layout that was on that website to be true. Also, I think that Intamin MAY be using "branch" support structures, where they use larger supports at the base, then get get smaller towards the top. That would explain the enormity of the supports in the parking lot. I may be wrong, but even if Six Flags breaks Dragster's record, CP will always have a much better amusement park than anything Six Flags could do. If anything though, I'd say the best part about Six Flags would be.. Umm ... that advertisement with the old Six Flags RV driver doing his WICKED AWESOME dance LOL ;).

First trip to the Point coming on July 11 - 14 WAHOO

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service